Is a car really can show your status?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

act7656

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Visit site
Guys and gals,

Wondering is it the car you are driving really reflect your status in the society? If yes, then how about those even don't have a car like riding motor bike, take public transport??? Even you have own a car do u all think people will stop comparing you with others? :confused_smile:

I've been experience all the time for not owning a car (coz i dun need it at the moment), the same time i oso try to save up more $ for not owning a car. Imagine Petrol, parking, tol, maintanance, or even more worst unexpected happen to your car ..... :Not_Impressed:

Everyone have their story behind for own/not own something. For me i don't bother so much on how people look at me .. how do you tink ??? :emoticon_U:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Unfortunately, we live in a materialistic society and a shallow one at that. First impressions count. And a car is the ultimate status symbol, even more than a house because you move around in them and other people will look.

In essence you are showing off to strangers. It is a bit different with people who know you well because they'll know who you really are.

Like you, I don't really mind that much what strangers think of me. That's why I drive a piece of junk to work. I mean, I drive it to work, park under the sun the whole day and then go back home again. It's more than I need. Sure I get the odd stares but I don't mind because they don't know me, so they can think of me however they like.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
That's why they say a car is an extension of a man's penis.

sarcastics

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
KL
kereta besar, ego pun besar,

installment susah nak bayar,

salary sikit, dompet kosong,

pay bill that time cry tolong.

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
act7656 said:
Guys and gals,

Wondering is it the car you are driving really reflect your status in the society? If yes, then how about those even don't have a car like riding motor bike, take public transport??? Even you have own a car do u all think people will stop comparing you with others? :confused_smile:

I've been experience all the time for not owning a car (coz i dun need it at the moment), the same time i oso try to save up more $ for not owning a car. Imagine Petrol, parking, tol, maintanance, or even more worst unexpected happen to your car ..... :Not_Impressed:

Everyone have their story behind for own/not own something. For me i don't bother so much on how people look at me .. how do you tink ??? :emoticon_U:
Think about this phrase very long and very carefully...

"He who laughs last, laughs the longest"

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
"That's why they say a car is an extension of a man's penis."

hahahahaha~~!!!!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
drive evo9 but no money what for?

people drive kancil much richer than those who drive evo9..

dont need a big bunglow house like castle to show..

people staying at 'rumah setinggan' oso rich..

eat nasi lemak at hotel cost bout RM15 ..

u eat nasi lemak at stall.. with eggs,sotong,fried chicken .. = RM3.00 - 4.00

so u choose laa.. hehehe..

young people use sports sports cars..

hehhe .. :P

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I would say 50% 50%. Some of them own more than one car at home. Day time drive Mercedez Benz to work, at night drive Toyota KE70 to mamak stall. :tongue:

You can differentiate two type of Mercedez Benz drivers on road.

Middle lane = In their 40s and above
Fast lane = Youngsters

This may not be true, but that is what I've saw on road most of the time.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
i drive corolla..i looked down on vios because the model hieachy is different ma

think is called discrimination...hahahhahahah

but those young boys drive vios look down on us, corolla...

that one is no respect la...

so..conclusion, people dn;t respect each other now..Egoism rulez..

suck my balls kudos,...my vios cool man...your corolla so lame..

sighs..new generation all like this one..rite anot?

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
so yes..cars show status...talk to MLM people and you'll fin dout more about it!!!

bikinigal

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2005
penang
www.multiply.com
I guess cars portray 2things..
1. Ur financial status (a.k.a profile status in society)
2. Ur attitude

My car, Wira 1.5...
Now driving, my dad's Iswara 1.5...
Status : hehe..i think ppl look at the car, will say "definitely belongs to a busy person.."

I got 4shoes in da car, my jecket(after saturday clubbing), my CLEO mags, my notepad, X'mas hat, bottles and my piggy toy...
Definitely, this portray the personality than the public status of the person, dont u think?

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
no la whare got .... all my fren dun dare say anything .... even me also dun dare say ...... i work in bangsar .... some uncle dressed like beggars come to buy thing then after that go out my my shop go inside a mercedes with driver open his door 4 him n drive for him ..... cannot show status one ...... ppl dress up n car cannot show status one ...... one lady drive a very old corolla buy thing .... when send stuff to her renovating house ...... i tell u your eyes also big oledi ...... one garage full with 8 cars ..... 2 swimming pool ....... the house got 15 rooms ..... inclusive of TV room gym room gambling room n so many more room u couldn`t think of .... cannot show one la ....... if the feller really see like that one call him find me i show him/her ......

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
edwin_lcw said:
no la whare got .... all my fren dun dare say anything .... even me also dun dare say ...... i work in bangsar .... some uncle dressed like beggars come to buy thing then after that go out my my shop go inside a mercedes with driver open his door 4 him n drive for him ..... cannot show status one ...... ppl dress up n car cannot show status one ...... one lady drive a very old corolla buy thing .... when send stuff to her renovating house ...... i tell u your eyes also big oledi ...... one garage full with 8 cars ..... 2 swimming pool ....... the house got 15 rooms ..... inclusive of TV room gym room gambling room n so many more room u couldn`t think of .... cannot show one la ....... if the feller really see like that one call him find me i show him/her ......
This aunty really tahpao a friend whom I know who own a big banglo. His big banglo got only 10 rooms.

Father kena Toto 10 years ago. :rock:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wonder when i will kena toto... hahaha...

yah, really show status one... i drive a vr decent iswara only... when i go through clubbing streets, no one look at my car.... hahaha.... and when a stock standard supra/mrs/fto/impreza/evo/skyline pass by, all gals look at that car.,... hahahaha...

but anyway, i dont feel being let down by my car... people dont appreciate my car nvm lar, at least i do....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

if u notice your car is missing, u faster call the taxi hotline, tell them your car details and number plate, ask the operator to broadcast this to all the taxis so they will be on lookout for your car.
u must offer 500 or 1000 reward .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience