Is a car really can show your status?

headache said:
Think about this phrase very long and very carefully...

"He who laughs last, laughs the longest"

eh, mind to elaborate more ah? what do you mean by the phrase?

I agree YES but not necessary. Agree with uncle headache

"he who laughs last,laughs the longest!!"

If i am darn rich at uncle age,i would drive a lancia delta at the fast lane.Ppl will like..cheh stupid old car still on the road ar...hahah

i've seen an old uncle (my sis' ex boss)
he owns one paper selling company thingy, the company's annual turnover can easily reach 50-70mil, and its solely own by himself
yet he dressed up like normal ahpek u see on the road side
drives one old wira :D

take a look at forbes' richest people list
theres another topic about those cars they own, or they used to own
you'll be sorta surprised :)

alantan said:
so yes..cars show status...talk to MLM people and you'll fin dout more about it!!!

wahahaha this is so true. Everytime i heard stories of how MLM people trying to recruit new ppl, they'll tell them that their men above them drive porsche la, ferrari, m3 and whatnot. Lame tactics.

What silverfish said is true. If u dunno that person, then the car will show his/her status. If u know that person, then it doesnt.

to people who lack interest in cars , yes . IMO they measure ur status by the conti cars - bmw , benz especialy , unlike car enthusiast .

kinki_kidz® said:
i've seen an old uncle (my sis' ex boss)
he owns one paper selling company thingy, the company's annual turnover can easily reach 50-70mil, and its solely own by himself
yet he dressed up like normal ahpek u see on the road side
drives one old wira :D

take a look at forbes' richest people list
theres another topic about those cars they own, or they used to own
you'll be sorta surprised :)

i watched on tv few years ago, they show something on larry ellison, oracle's ceo, who is a billionaire. He drives nsx to work. And i watched apprentice season what i forgot, donald trump drives merc e class only to play golf haha. And i heard from someone that syed mokhtar al-bukhary uses perdana v6 only

DarkChild said:
Sometimes it's neccesarry to conceal one's wealth and status...

especially when the business isnt a decent one, or the money didnt come clean.

boggysv said:
especially when the business isnt a decent one, or the money didnt come clean.
Or to avoid unwanted attention. Malaysia isn't safe.

I agree with everyones point here. I drive a Mit. Airtrek Turbo to work, thats because i cannot afford an evo yet, but in my line of work, ie sales.....my customers look to see what kind of car we drive. The better the car the better the chance of closing the deal, this is because they (my customers) feel that they have more confidence in a person drive a better car because this person is successful. Thats how they think.

But driving a luxurious car is also sometimes a necessacity for business ppl. So my humble opinion is that as long as i feel good n comfortable in my car...who cares right?

Poor People : Fighthing hard to own a car
Middle range people: Fighthing and dream own a better car
Rich People: dun mind to have a oridinary car (but not all)

Is it true???

9W2SW said:
I agree with everyones point here. I drive a Mit. Airtrek Turbo to work, thats because i cannot afford an evo yet, but in my line of work, ie sales.....my customers look to see what kind of car we drive. The better the car the better the chance of closing the deal, this is because they (my customers) feel that they have more confidence in a person drive a better car because this person is successful. Thats how they think.

But driving a luxurious car is also sometimes a necessacity for business ppl. So my humble opinion is that as long as i feel good n comfortable in my car...who cares right?

Yes. This is quite true.

The car a man drives does reflect the status in business and social life.

But also becareful of certain individuals who carry themselves in deceiving way. (Big car, Big talking, big spending but empty bank account)

Joeker.. those are mostly active in MLM..especially those Lampa Burger

Lonewolf,

I'm not in MLM but I can tell you MLM really works.

My brother and my brother-in-law are in MLM companies.

Both are doing very well.

I also know of poeple who deal with Lamp Berger.

Some are not doing so well but a handfull are making big bucks.

Anyway, back to the topic of cars and status, Fake Posers are everywhere (Yes, even some "managing directors" are empty vessels)

When you work in the real world and meet more and more people, you will learn how to look through people and be able to tell the who are the Posers.

yeah....really effect on how u carry yoself

like in my case, all ppl in my office thinks dat a car dat has been modified n wt noisy mufler is Gangster

wat da fuck n i have hard time try to explain to them....seems dat it has olidy inside thier mindset dat modded car = gangster.

Yup....In the society , the answer should be YES but personally my answer is NO !!

y? if u being a businessman or sales , a car will be definately show ur status. If u driving a BIG CAR , ur customer will trust to u more than those r not driving BIG CAR. Y ? which businessman dun wan to earn money ? if u can earn money sure afford a BETTER car ! right ? If u said tht if he deal wif u , he can be earn a lot money but y u seems like din earn ? like gonna bankurpt somemore...If not driving a BIG CAR unless driving a BETTER car like getz , waja , perdana , vios or watever. My dad last time work in business, so he told me tht he wants to get a BENZ. Once his business become more n more stable thn he sold the benz away n driving a normal altis right now. ( no need to run sale outside liao mah .....jus in office ....)

Hmm....anywhere , if u go anywhere la ....u can try it wif ur own ....
driving a kancil ( example onli ..) go to B*** or N*** showroom , do u think tht they will come n serve u ? 99% will not serve u ..y ? tis is my own experience last time. It can be my worst experience wif showroom's salemen & salegals la ...
Driving a kelisa went to N*** showroom to take a look the TOYOTA MRS. Once i parked my car n walk in the showroom. Hav to look around the showroom...
hmm.....no others customer except my dad n I. Okie ...hav a look the MRS. YUP , their cars r TIP TOP condition wif some extra, so wats the problem ?
salemen n salegals r chatting aside while looking at me. They dun ever bother me at all or m i invisible ?:sad_smile: i was there about 20mins. Wat if my dad drive his benz to the showroom tht day ?:emoticon_U: jus guess la ..:regular_smile:
but my dad did not do that as he r not happi wif their attitude and we move to Mutiara motors in JB HQ. Service not bad , i got drinks somemore.....at the end ?
I bought a MRS from mutiara ....appreciate wif the attitude n the car too ....

:confused_smile: ......reality , the answer will be YES , a car can be show ur status.
personaly , the answer will be NO , i onli drive my MRS go out for loitering , i m more prefer to driving normal car to go shopping or wat ....thts y a lot of ppl look down on my dad n I .....especially go to showroom la...if u arent driving a MAHAL car ...sure doesnt get any good service ....:shades_smile: tis 1 my own experience la ....

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom