Installing NGV in the turbo engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
It can be done. Even Mercedes sells a E200NGT which is essentially an E200 Kompressor able to run dual fuel: Petrol and NGV.

NGV is ideal as it has a much higher octane than petrol which allows high compression/boost pressure and make more power. The reason why Saga taxi's make less power with NGV is because the engine is setup to run petrol which does not take advantage of NGVs higher octane.

WajaRS

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
PJ
I read from dunno which forum which says there is a kancil track car which has installed this system in the car..heard it performs better than petrol..no pinking sound during boost..Anybody wanna install? I got jalan..call or sms me at 0123737669...Stock arriving from italy soon..this website might help you out..
http://ngvcommunity.hydrotechmy.com/default.asp

Last edited:

kufaisal

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
dat wut i was thinking about before....nice topic...i think can ahh...why dont u ask at the ngv installation place???...i think u will get the better answer!!!

bujang_hensem

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
Currently, not all NGV workshop able to install NGV in turbo car. If anybody want to install it i would recomend to install the sequential system because it has it own GAS injector and can mix the air gas ratio better and faster. The only limitation for big cc turbo car..do not boost too high becuase almost all the regulator available in the market can support maximum 200HP. Small cc car like kancil or starlet will not having this problem becuase it only produce low HP even with high boost. NGV Regulator in petrol system is the same as fuel pump + fuel regulator..enough fuel flow can produce more power...same like NGV...too low preasure can damage the engine.

Below is how the sequential system works.

http://www.landi.it/eng/prodotti/scheda_sistema_met07.html

Currently there is one Merc E200 compressor that are using this NGV kit in malaysia...compressor are supercharger semilar to turbo..so it should work with turbo with low boost...the main problem the cost to install this kit around 6K++

Last edited:

algojo9

Known Member
May 23, 2004
Ngv

Should be no prob for normal driving

huaren1978

Known Member
May 20, 2004
Bkt Jalil KL
www.devoteesofcharade.com
i am interested in this project. also giving this a serious thought. my primary concern is same with bujang_hensem. izzit safe for turbocharged engines? i'm using 1.3liter 4e-fte. if it's confirmed to be safe.. then will definitely have it installed.

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
My concept is to use NGV anytime during cruising. The moment you floor and boost the petrol will come in and work together with NGV. The reason is because NGV is limited in capacity if under boost, very fast the tank go empty.

We have unichip engine management system to control the whole system and we have a dyno to tune it too...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
hmmm...sounds like a very good concept RSI. i bet lotsa zth-ians are eagerly waiting for a kit to be developed. and if it really works.....no doubt i'll have it done. NGV for working days, petrol for weekend spirited driving :)

revolution3

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
mengz said:
hmmm...sounds like a very good concept RSI. i bet lotsa zth-ians are eagerly waiting for a kit to be developed. and if it really works.....no doubt i'll have it done. NGV for working days, petrol for weekend spirited driving :)
ya bro i agree with u.. if bro rsi can prove the sistem is done successfully .. I think many members from zth can go n see the feeling preformance n pick using your sistem..

player

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
Hey bro,l oso got a same idea wit u too...but if using the NGV on the big hp engine,do u think the engine will damage by using NGV???plzzz give me the answer,coz im confusing to have a perdana evo...wat engine u put in??traffic jam is very wasting the petrol on a turbo ma...so of coz choosing the NGV in city crusing la,im live in kl kepong area,here got 3 or 4 NGV gas station for me,so i dont need to q up lo...

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
just want to know... how much does it cost to install NGV conversion kit on a turbo/ injection engines..?

bujang_hensem

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
Bro, turbo engine can install NGV, no problem..but the best is you need to install the sequential type of NGV kit. Its has it own injector to inject the Natural Gas same concept as inject the petrol. The only limitation is using NGV you can't boost high because of the NGV regulator limitation. Most of it the max can go up to 250HP < or less... NGV regulator function same as petrol fuel pump + fuel regulator...it will maintain the gas preasure for the injector to be feed into engine...not enough your engine will kaboom...

but you have choice when running dual fuel just press the switch for

power = petrol
economy = NGV

As for the price..is starting from RM6000...it depent on your tank choice...type eg full steel (60-70kg), semi composite, fully composite (30+kg) etc...maybe up to 10K....

This is the explaination on how it work

http://www.landi.it/eng/prodotti/scheda_sistema_met07.html

Last edited:

revolution3

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
Yah bujang_hansem ... aka abas if i am not mistaken .. long time no see.. bro.. when u last time we gath at projet BB... wah bro ... the upgrade prise same like convert engine....

In malaysia u already survey wish are workshop can do convertion petro to gas..nitrogen.

A Post Every 5 Mins

I've the King Tiger and recently, I can't seem to use the auto start function anymore.

If I press * + Unlock, only the doors will unlock. Tried the spare remote and got the same results. Double check * button and it's working fine - can access set-up menu and change clock time and light display.

What gives? It's not even a year yet... :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience