ICE Setup [ Again! ]

ace79

1,000 RPM
ICE Setup [ Again! ]
Maybe it's time for me to re-do my ICE setup ( sub suddenly went quiet on my daily SPL trip to work, paiseh.. ).

Currently, I'm using Pioneer DEH - P7750 MP HU ( fits my bill, although a 7998R is also quite enticing! ), Mohawk amps ( M 1000.2 and 800.2 ), Mohawk single Orange 10 inch sub and Mohawk MSQ 62 comps ( yah, too much Mohawk, but that was by inital setup )

I'm not sure yet whether it's the sub, the amp powering the sub or the fuse that gave way, will get some time to send it for checking ( as I know nuts about ICE! ) in a few days' time.

I intend to keep using a 10 inch sub ( because it is proven that a single 10 inch sub, powered properly can blow a good SPL level in hatchback like my EG or a Jazz, like Zenn's previous Jazz which is now Uncle Liew's show car ), and keep the HU ( good enuff for me at the moment ). Maybe I hafta upgrade the amps ( when the budget allows lah ) too.

Thinking of just fitting a single amp that can power the comps ( which might also be upgraded, but hafta replace the blown parts 1st! ) and the single 10 inch sub.

Budget, prolly 2nd hand stuffs, because good SPL subs brand new can cost and arm and a leg! And summore I intend to do a custom MDF board setup that be removable and fitted either at where the rear seats used to be, or the rear luggage area.

Important replacement : 10 inch sub OR amp powering the sub ( will check later ) Budget for sub ( 2nd hand ) is up to RM 600, the same for the amp ) if applicable ).

I would be very happy if you guys can gimme more pointers. Mucha thanks! And no, a bit malu to post this in the gr8Tunes forum lah...heheh.

Note : Although I love SPL a lot more than SQ ( especially during the jam every morning and when driving home from work late at nite ), I do kinda like some SQ as well for my Mariah Carey and some of my Nat King Cole copied - from - Net CDs too ). Maybe hafta memorise HU setup between SPL and some SQ, eh?

Note #2 : My setup is plain, HU, comps, single 10 sub and 2 amps ( or a single amp to power 'em all later ). I don't need other stuffs as my ride is more to SIC fun, heheh.

why dont upgrade the comps first and maintain the mohawk sub...what is total budget now..?

Zenn! Long time no see my ICE freakie friend. Now still unsure lah, whether the sub or the amp powering the sub is the problem. If the sub is OK and the amp only need some repairs, maybe can go for the comp set. I think I wanna go SQL, can ah? But surely 2nd hand stuffs lah, no money for new ones. For RM 600 what kind of 2nd hand comp set in my grasp?

Too bloody busy until no time to send my car for checking the ICE problem, paiseh...

Zenn said:
why dont upgrade the comps first and maintain the mohawk sub...what is total budget now..?

taukey besar always busy, apa laa...

anyways selamat hari raya, dtg join us for ampang TT la, saturday nights tmn dagang, maybe i can check the fuse for u there...

alamak 600 je ke budget...apa barangggggggg......??:tongwink:

Heheh, not tokey besor yet la bro. In a year or two maybe lah.

I thought the Ampang TT oledi bungkus wan? Still got meh? Saturday nites ( mean the next day is Sunday rite? )? Maybe this weekend can come, damn malu wei...my setup all cheapo wan...What's the actual location?

Ok, 1stly hafta confirm which part is kaput ( sub voice coil, amp powering the sub etc ). Then if the damaged parts can be repaired at a satisfactory cost ( not too expensive until the repair costs almost exceed the damaged parts current price ), repair 1st la. Then see how loh. If I don't hafta change / replace any parts, maybe go for the front comps 1st. See your recommendation lah. I think I want a SQ comp set up front and SPL sub at the back, so can get SQ+L setup lohh...

Now don't have a lot of budget lah, hafta save some moolah monthly for the car, wanna complete my car's tuning by end of next year.

Zenn said:

anyways selamat hari raya, dtg join us for ampang TT la, saturday nights tmn dagang, maybe i can check the fuse for u there...

ampang TT never bungkus one la, held every friday nite b4 this, but i change to saturday nite, coz friday wanna go ronggeng, haha....

my setup worse than yours la, all standard eqpt...hehe...just come la dont care...

taman dagang is where galaxy shopping center is...off jalan ampang, or can go via jln cempaka off the mrr2...we will be at star cafe, near 7-eleven

Ah, ok. Usually between until 9pm until wat time usually? 12pm? Really need your help to identify my ICE prob.

actually saturday nite late a bit la, probly 10 or 11pm, up to 3 or 4am one.....more talkcock than talk ice, hahaha

from OKR how u want to come? MRR2 or sg besi? both way also can

if mrr2 take pandan jaya / maluri exit, go down turn right into jln cempaka, go straight all the way till galaxy shopping center on your left, take 1st left to the new row of shop houses behind galaxy, we will be at star cafe.

if from sg besi, u can go via kg pandan roundabout, tmn maluri, pandan jaya, then under the mrr2 to jln cempaka, follow above route.

or u can go to jln ampang, go all thw way past ampang point, take first right at traffic light and take first right just before galaxy, u can see the shop lots oledi...

so easy only ah haha any contact no.??
for me to call u in case im lost or im there but dont know which 1 is u guys?

sure, give me a call la, 012 205 7397, guess u wont know which ones are us, we are just a normal bunch of guys having teh tarik, but 75% of us are overweight, hahaha...

Zenn said:

bro...
TT ampang every friday nite still have ka..???

:embaressed_smile:

gottttttttttttttttttttttttt....

but switch to saturday nite, star walk cafe in tmn dagang, got outdoor bigscreen can watch football...

ya la... that fella very the cilakos one... change to saturday coz want to cucuk langit... hallo... langit times are over laaaa... kubur panggil mari worrr...

some more people come on saturday he chow go cucuk langit some more... WTF??!!

:wink:

Chepo setup come... can fight my chepo setup meh... I sure win wan coz my more the more al-chepo too many 2nd stuffs already... he he he... :wink:

ace79 you're my kinda freak... SPQ+L... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:wink:

aiseh kasi chan la, aku pun nak membiak, kena carik suitable test tube, haha....den dah tuo la....

haritu pun last-2 gi suzy and then pelita ampang point je, wahaha.....lobang nak masuk free mlm tu takde, ekeke....

btw....SQ+SPL = SQL laaaaaaaa...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom