BMW X3 ICE... whats the setup?

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Deat ZTHers...

Recently i finished my On-Job-Training in Auto Bavaria. I heard the ice in a bmw x3 and it was FANTASTIC to me, not too nice... but just nice for me ler.

-izzit possible for me to get that kind of sound? is that SQ or SPL?
-Did anyone hear x3 ICE before??

-How much budget should i come out with>?

I'm driving a Daihatsu Espri with a Kenwood KDC duno wad head unit... bought at 300plus at Brothers.
Small car, so, boot space is just slightly bigger than a Kelisa. ICE sifu would advice on fitting a subwoofer, but is there any way to save space??

SIFU SIFU advice is very much appreciated... thank u.

I listen to songs like sentimental, and songs like cascada, sometimes blast(rock??).

for a small car u can get away with an 8" sub in a small box, like 0.8 cu ft, its quite small...

for your type of music best to save up a bit or look for 2nd hand items of branded european stuff. look for a 4ch amp and speaker component set. 3k for both would be real nice budget (for used items), if not 2k also can la, but lower models..

icic.. thanx..

sorry to trouble, but i still have summore to ask.

component set comprises of a pair of crossover, tweeter, and mid speakers??

so i will need two sets, a subwoofer, a box?
sorry, im a lil noobish in sound system.
why european? can give example of what brands?

3k including HU?
how big is 0.8 cu ft...

zenn, zenn referred to 'your type of music', what type do u refer me to??
Cascada, Trance, Phantom of the opera...

staging would be nice.
please explain detailly about staging, imaging, etc.
your explanation is very much appreciated. thank u

icic.. thanx..

sorry to trouble, but i still have summore to ask.

component set comprises of a pair of crossover, tweeter, and mid speakers??

so i will need two sets, a subwoofer, a box?
sorry, im a lil noobish in sound system.
why european? can give example of what brands?

3k including HU?
how big is 0.8 cu ft...

zenn, zenn referred to 'your type of music', what type do u refer me to??
Cascada, Trance, Phantom of the opera...

staging would be nice.
please explain detailly about staging, imaging, etc.
your explanation is very much appreciated. thank u

yes component set comprises of the above. u only need one set, for the front. rear not important, some dont put anything also. adding rear speakers will interfere with front stage.

european brands like focal, morel, dls, peerless, vifa scanspeak, RS, phd, etc etc for speakers. genesis, dls, audison, steg, audio system, phd, xetec, brax, helix, etc for amps...

i meant 3k for 4ch amp and comp set only, since u have the kenwood cd already. u can upgrade it later on, or increase your budget to include it.

i suggest u get more info from all the other local ice forums like gr8tunes.net, mycarhifi.com and icehifi.com, browse the topics and u will learn more, coz it keeps repeating itself. and whenever your free try to join the TT sessions they organise so u can listen to other cay systems as well as discuss more on ice, music and their gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
4ch amp so that u can use 2ch for the front components, and the other 2ch in bridged mono mode to run the subwoofer. u also can buy a 2ch first and another 2ch or monoblock later for the sub, but u save space and wiring cost if u got a 4ch straightaway..

you might wan to look at these if you wan to save space...

18012007421.jpg

18012007420.jpg

21032007569.jpg

sub box can make them long and thin... around 0.8cuft for sealed box...

thanx zenn....
erm, would it have any benefit to have a set of component in front, and a set in the rear?

means we need 4ch for both sets, and another 2ch for the sub?

craziechild.... nice man. erm, 1 question, can it stand during hard acceleration? :mouth_closed:

no, i would say dont put a component set in the rear. it will interfere with the front soundstage. usually we dont even put any speakers in the back. (didnt i just type this..???)

if u still want rear fill or ambience, just use back the stock car speakers and power it with your head unit's power (internal amp) no need to get separate amplifier. unless u got too much money and want to power everything up its up to u lah, but your car is small, it doesnt need rear fill.

icic...
-so will ym cap ayam 6x9 speakers do at d back?
i want rear passengers to feel the sq too...

-n btw, recently i sat a myvi, she on her music quite loud, i sat in front. the sound from the front speakers wasnt nice, its bcoz the quality of the speakers, or its too loud for me lol?? if put component set will the sound be not ear piercing?

-izit possiible to achieve surround sound?

many thanx

no need waste money to buy rear speakers la, if theres already a set there, just use it, if theres none, leave it. but if u still insist on getting, dont get 6x9 if youre using a sub, get normal 6.5" coaxial or 5.25" enuff oledi.

if the rear passenger wants SQ ask him/her to sit in front. the SQ is for the person who paid for the system only, haha, thats why can only get good SQ in front, or better still sit in middle of rear seat. this is actually the best seat in the car.

myvi fronts has only 4" in the dash, no door speakers. are u talking about OEM myvi sound? then i have no comment la if u play it loud sure sound bad. to avoid ear piercing sound get a component set that uses silk or fabric material for the tweeters, not metal ones.

yes its possible to achieve surround sound, u need a dvd player, a 5.1 processor and enough amplifiers and speakers for front left, front right, front center, rear left, rear right and subwoofer. if u think putting rear speakers and playing normal cds are surround, youre mistaken, thats only stereo sound duplicated for front and rear.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom