Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

how to make the front hood come up a bit?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lkc

Known Member
Dear All,i wanna ask how do i make my front hood up a bit so that the heat can come out faster,i heard have to add screw and nuts is it?is there anyplace where i can do it?coz if the hood is a bit higher then water might go in to the engine compartment.any idea?

Dear All,i wanna ask how do i make my front hood up a bit so that the heat can come out faster,i heard have to add screw and nuts is it?is there anyplace where i can do it?coz if the hood is a bit higher then water might go in to the engine compartment.any idea?

Never heard of such mods before wor bro sorry...but I think just better get Vented Hood? :hmmmm:

images

Js_racing_type_v_hood.jpg

yup...add spring washers...up to u ....im using 4 of them....but for perdana,
need to cut the edges abit..if not it will press against the windscreen & crack...
so becareful when u open yr hood.....ensure to check the edges......

how i wish i can change to vented design,but expensive and is fiber,so i thought use back my ori hood but put it high a bit to allow the heat go out from the engine,i saw alot of wira doing it but hardly see persona or gen 2 do,where can i get the screw and nuts or washer danzeterna?

how i wish i can change to vented design,but expensive and is fiber,so i thought use back my ori hood but put it high a bit to allow the heat go out from the engine,i saw alot of wira doing it but hardly see persona or gen 2 do,where can i get the screw and nuts or washer danzeterna?

open up your bonnet...
u'll see 2pcs of screw holding your bonnet at a pivot on left and right side....remove those screw..replace with longer screw....place a few washer or nut between the pivot plate and your bonnet using that long screw to hold it together....then check for the gap/clearance etc etc... :itsme:

u use back the original screws or either use longer screws.....both u could get it from hardware shop......but make sure it will fit the screws...dont get too small, bigger is ok....
becareful not to use those long screws, cos if u screw it too hard, it will make a dent on your bonnet....so make sure u be careful....im using original screws, no prob.

ppl usually do that cuz the engine head is protruding too high for the ori hood to close...

ie: proton wira/satria/putra with E1,2,3 engine

better use longer bolts if u wanna do this, in the event of a frontal collision, will dismount ur hood like a flying pringle

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

and when it rains, windscreen cold + engine heat escaping = easier to crack under long periods. i used to do it...(for fun) but end up closing it back =P

just curious, will "they" kacau on this modification? anyone kantoi before?

no probs...most likely if they see an intercooler parading from the front from a proton they will ask u to pop it and show the grant

normally wira owners wid evo 1-3 engine need to lift the hood cos the timing belt cover is abit high so cant close the bonnet...now they ketuk the bonnet so will have a little hump on the bonet....

i ask my colleague to help me do 2moro guys,he's quite good in diy,he say need to check my hood screw 1st,if enough long then no need,just add washer,if not then have to buy screw and washer,by the way does it really help to cool down the engine and let the heat escape from there?after that i also have to worry the water might go in,but my colleague say wont go in 1 as long as dun lift the bonet too high,is it true?

and when it rains, windscreen cold + engine heat escaping = easier to crack under long periods. i used to do it...(for fun) but end up closing it back =P ( bro danz u got kena b4 this problem? )

the real reason to do this, is to have cooler engine bay by 1-2 degrees celcius drop, which is good when your engine is moving below 60kmh. this is done by japanese drifter. however it has a fatal chance that the bonnet hood will smash into you A pillars or you windscreen which is hazardous if u encounter a frontal colision.

no probs...most likely if they see an intercooler parading from the front from a proton they will ask u to pop it and show the grant

hi, & salam...
i'm new in here... altho had been observing 4 quite a while..

out of curiosity about the FMIC attracting uniformed authorities..
reason:??
a- conversion from N.A. engine to turbo version
b- relocation of intercooler from top-mount to front (for orig turbo-spec engine)
c- all of the above

i'm asking , coz, I have a wish to instal a front i-cooler for when i convert/upgrade my N.A. Dai-Mira (orig) to turbo (while maintaining cc @ 660mL)
Do i need grant too for my case..

tq for any explanation..

Last edited:
water wont get in? i always tot ppl did it cos of the strut bar too high...

Ahahaha strut bar too high, a lot of ametuer racecars on a budget have been propping the bonnet for a cheap DIY engine cooling method instead of buying a vented hood...

Has anyones strutbar ever ketuk the bonnet before tho? :hmmmm:

so far no 1 ketuk yet, they just grind the bonnet tulang abit....
it will be ugly if ketuk the bonnet.....

Ahahaha strut bar too high, a lot of ametuer racecars on a budget have been propping the bonnet for a cheap DIY engine cooling method instead of buying a vented hood...

Has anyones strutbar ever ketuk the bonnet before tho? :hmmmm:

now i understand...makes more sense than propping it up cos strut bar too high hahaha

Danz...u said it might crack the windscreen? i can understand the logic loh...hot air coming out from the engine will flow across the windscreen cos opening rite there at base of windscreen n if aircon on inside of windscreen will cause temperature differences between inside and outside...is like taking a cold cup n pouring hot water into it...might crack n shatter...

no ...no...the heat wont cause the wscreen to crack....
here goes...
u wanna jack yr bonet rite? for example perdana bonet has a pointed edge...
so once u jack the bonnet & then lift the bonnet, the edges will press agains a black plastic that near the wipers.....& then press against the wscreen...therefore it will crack...happened to me once......if u still cant get me...u look at the perdana bonet.....imagine if its lifted abit.....u will understand......for mine i had to cut the edges abit....

:adore: sorry Danz...wrong logic pulak hehehe. still havent had breakfast so brain no fuel

this drawing explains it right?
attachment.php

Attachments

• bonnet lift.JPG
    bonnet lift.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 270

A Post Every 5 Mins

IMG_3330-copy_resize1-600x399.jpg

The start of the first day was, of course, rather early for the organizing team. The team was at the drive's first rendezvous point: Proton’s Centre of Excellence in Shah Alam right before sunrise.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom