How to adjust height for TEIN Super Wagon absorbers- ANE11W

Zombiemonkey

Dec 3, 2009
Kuching
:confused::confused::stupid:

As the title given,
I wonder how to adjust the height of the absorbers. I hope to lower my car just enough for my daily driving.

I have browsed the forum and read through but unfortunately I couldnt really understand, especially about the ring thingy.

How to adjust the height for TEIN Super Wagon absorbers- ANE11W. It's something like this:

there is no ring at the bottom-thread :confused:
Thanks.

Attachments

Zombiemonkey

Dec 3, 2009
Kuching
thanks for quick response. so meaning i will be messing wit the spring standard rate?
what is the meaning of "pu/option" in the table?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
You will Not be messing with the spring rate just preloading it more to increase the height and less to decrease it. The teins super soft ooppss... Super street is not independent ride height adjustable. Need to use the springs to adjust the height.

Zombiemonkey

Dec 3, 2009
Kuching
You will Not be messing with the spring rate just preloading it more to increase the height and less to decrease it. The teins super soft ooppss... Super street is not independent ride height adjustable. Need to use the springs to adjust the height.
Let me get this DIY right
I will not be messing wit the rate? even if I turn the rings up?
Turning the rings up means lowering the car....right?

again.....what is the meaning of the column: up/ option ?

thanks

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

thanks
there are two rings basically in an adjustables:
  1. One for adjusting the height
  2. One for locking the height

Turning it down for lowering the car, and you need a pair of these to do it :)

mottrang

Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
tein wagon used into SM4...
rear side cannot adjust anymore...
but still got 3 finger gap...
with 50 17" tyre series...
what is the better solution...
cut or compress the spring...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

thanks
You're not actually compressing the springs when you lower the car. So you don't turn the rings (spring perches) up but down. Think of it as releasing to lower and tightening to raise. first you turn the bottom perch to indicate how much you want to go down (a gap will show), then you turn the upper perch to match the bottom perch to lock them.

You should be more worried about messing with the suspension travel. too high or too low, you'll be sacrificing ride performance. there's a set amount of travel in the shock, so going too low, you'll miss the sweet spot entirely and end up with a galloping ride.

I've not tried the Wagon spec but had the Tein Super Street for a couple of months on the MINI cooper s and it was great at normal height (2-3 fingers gap), comfortable and all, but it wasn't the firmness i was looking for. It got worse when i lowered it down to less than a finger which was what i was used to running on the Bilstein PSS9.

So most coilovers are okay to run at reasonable low ride height but not slammed.

tein wagon used into SM4...
rear side cannot adjust anymore...
but still got 3 finger gap...
with 50 17" tyre series...
what is the better solution...
cut or compress the spring...
looks like your set wasn't meant to go as low as you'd want it go. either that or it has the wrong springs. If you want to experiment, try looking for shorter, used springs in that diameter.

Zombiemonkey

Dec 3, 2009
Kuching
Hello everyone,
quick question:
what does it mean by Ft:-45 to -25, Rr:-30 to -10 <---recommended for sus travel

for example does it mean i can adjust the front by measuring from bottom ring to thread? meaning to say (from bottom ring to thread) 4.5cm highest and lowest 2.5?

thank yous
almost done...!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is set to be officially unveiled in Malaysia this Thursday Oct 20. Prior to the unveiling, Naza Quest - the official sole importer and distributor of Chevrolet vehicles in Malaysia - has invited us to take the all-new Chevrolet Colorado for a taste...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience