Meter Adjustment

Apr 25, 2007
Hi there i need some help regarding speedometer...i would like to ask can we actually adjust our speedometer mileage ??? I just bought a new speedometer the mileage reading is 50,000 my previous reading was already 150,000...so is there any way i can adjust it...some friends told me just use needle & tick it will do...will this make it broken ??? didn't dare to try....help appreciated thank you

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
I'm sure it can be done..but normally by used car dealers who cheat customers into thinking the mileage of a car is lower than it really is.....i guess u can just tally back the ODOmeter numerically lah...

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
as i know...i tink if the electronic meter unable to ajust it~
but for those meter.....i hope got people from here can teach us ...how to ajust it!hehe

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
the odometer can be changed/reset (those manual count, not digital type).
need to open the meter cluster and take out the odometer mechanism.

usually need to take out just the cylindrical numbering and space it apart to be able to turn the numbers.

difficulty depends on the odometer mechanism to take it out.

liauchinfoo

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
haha, I did this before for my Iswara meter. Actually my purpose is to fix my always stuck meter when travelling at highway, that why I open up my meter and try to see I can correct it myself or not. If yours is also those analog one like those old shcool type, then it is easy. I will post some photos of the meter later.

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
u can adjust the meter but my mech said if u adjust i can see if the meter is tempered or not, normally if not tempared u can see the meter number is in a straight line,if tampered edi the number will not be in a straight line it will be up and down

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Also there are tamper proof markings on the inside of the meter. If you open the meter to adjust it, you will break the seal.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe..

im just looking for PHOTOS of Muffler internal construction that is being produced in Malaysia.

1. Straight flow
2. S-Flow
3. Semi flow
4. whatever flow that have.

Now i having dilemma about whether to get a straight flow or s-flow muffler.:retarded:
My car 1.5 AT. Ya ya.. I heard about the Auto=Sflow, Manual=straightflow but seems not logic at all since what matters is total engine power, not transmission. And a few sifus here seems to agree with me too.:shades_smile...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience