How much is reasonable for amp install?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

CcL

500 RPM
Hello guys
I was wondering how much does it cost to get the power cable pulled from the battery up front (I've got the fuse) to the amp in trunk and to ground it, plus tap the sound from the rear speakers into the amp. It is a JL 250.1 so it has auto on based on line in input.

I'm using stock sound system and have the amp + woofer from previous car. I would like opinions on prices before I start hitting the shops... Don't wanna get ripped off.

Thanks sifus..

depends on the size of power cable, 0 the thickest then 8 the thinnest...
if there's only one amp i think they ll use only 8gauge power cable
price wise should be ard 150+-? i'm not too familiar with 8 gauge wire pricing actually... hehehe

mmm i see... went and ask a famous shop in ss2, quote 400. pening. anywhere to recommend that would probably charge under your $150 number? thanks!

You could try C.V auto at Damansara Utama..Trusted tech dude name Peter,i did my full set with him and his price was reasonable but mine as stated fullset so individual idk whats the pricing like but you should check it out..Its on the same row with wonderwilk in DU there :biggrin:

depends on the size of power cable, 0 the thickest then 8 the thinnest...
if there's only one amp i think they ll use only 8gauge power cable
price wise should be ard 150+-? i'm not too familiar with 8 gauge wire pricing actually... hehehe

ss2 which shop so we wont get ripped! my auntie's shop in ss3 only charge around 120 or slightly above.

You could try C.V auto at Damansara Utama..Trusted tech dude name Peter,i did my full set with him and his price was reasonable but mine as stated fullset so individual idk whats the pricing like but you should check it out..Its on the same row with wonderwilk in DU there :biggrin:

I agree with amirmambo here. Peter is boss as well as a ICEr at heart. I follow the fella as well.
The other alternative is Howiechoo from EA Autoworks in Bukit Jalil.

CCL : for RM150, what sort of power cable you looking to install? Or are you bringing your own? Cuz for 4ga power cable depending on brand, it'll cost anything between RM7 to RM15 per foot and if your car is long and want to pull right to the boot, I really doubt you can meet the RM150 budget unless you opt for something even smaller than 4ga.

The EFX power installation kit (DIY) is already in the RM200++ range too. But that one comes with RCAs la.

yah... 150 was for workmanship only at the ss2 shop. power, ground, a 3 feet line to rca cable and some velcro made up the rest to a total of 400...

I was planning to stop by howie's place later and see... since he also sells cables for DIY, if cheap i'll let them do the install too. if that doesn't work out i'll try CV.. is peter from brother peter or...? haha thats the only shop i know from 10yrs back... :P

yah... 150 was for workmanship only at the ss2 shop. power, ground, a 3 feet line to rca cable and some velcro made up the rest to a total of 400...

I was planning to stop by howie's place later and see... since he also sells cables for DIY, if cheap i'll let them do the install too. if that doesn't work out i'll try CV.. is peter from brother peter or...? haha thats the only shop i know from 10yrs back... :P

Allow me to break in and C.V. myself :biggrin:

Do you mind to tell more details (e.g. car type? require new RCA cable? have another amp to tap the rear speakers?) to quote much detail?
For your reference, our labor charge is lesser on installing one amplifier.

Feel free to contact/visit us for FREE pro consultation.

Chin
sgwangacc@1LogoList29194503.jpg

Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang (Car Accessories)
Tel: +603-62582552 / +6012-3769 821 Email: [email protected]
Address: 649, Jalan Ipoh Bt 4, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Working hours: 8.30am - 7.30pm (Mon-Sat)
Website:SYKT. AKSESORI KERETA SUNGAI WANG Facebook: Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang Lelong: sgwangacc

About us
Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang has long established since 1982 and located at Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur. We are experienced in car accessories, car audio system and car alarm system installation, car windows tinting and also air conditioner service. We ensure our qualified employees are skillful to cater to every automobile and fulfill all customer needs.

CV audio is on the same row as Brother Peter, but it's not the same shop. CV Audio Dmnsara boss is Peter. The Brother Peter shop owner is not Peter. HAhaha.. have I confused you? :rofl:

CV audio is on the same row as Brother Peter, but it's not the same shop. CV Audio Dmnsara boss is Peter. The Brother Peter shop owner is not Peter. HAhaha.. have I confused you? :rofl:

Hahah yeah all the people I refer to Peter always get confused between the two. But like what some have said, you cannot go wrong with Peter @ CV Audio.

Top Bottom