Hood/Bonnet Pins

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Any idea what sort of hood/bonnet pins are available here in KL?

A couple of questions........

1) What brand is good?
2) Where to buy them?
3) Where to install them with a cf hood?
4) How much is it?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Buy ori Sparco hood pins. THey cost a pretty penny but they are worth it.

I'm usin those cheap RM30 and they rust like a leper :(

I saw a new breed of hood pins in hop-up shops in SUnway. They have CF templates and they don't use latch like conventional hood pins.

And they require a key to open the hood. QUite trick!

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
so u cant open the hood if got lock
and its also to prevent the hood from popping out :P

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Joeker, they have it here? Cool. I was actually looking at those and thinking to purchase them from the USA.

Really trick looking. Any idea how much and whether the workmanship to install aer allright? Dun wanna see them screw up my hood!

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Just took a look at KSP just now. Those are the same replica ones that I intend to buy off the net BUT after close inspection, they look kinda suspect.

Think I better stick to the conventional styles one ala Sparco and OMP. Somemore the cf plates are only plastic.

Anyone know how much are Sparco and OMP ones? Any other 'branded' options available?

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
go for OMP la...cos SParco got ciplak one evrywhere... later u buy the ori Sparco, people will still say its ciplak one, buy from kedai abang....
if OMP, no imitations, so there's no possibility that ur OMP is a ciplak...one set will cost u somewhere between 150-250 if im not mistaken... try this link http://www.911zentrum.com.my/bonnet pins.htm .. u can email them for the price...

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I was thinking OMP too. Question is where can I find someone to install them for me professionally. I sure do not want any mistakes done as it'll destroy my cf hood.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
So which reputable shop can I goto for installation????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I want to find out ways that can remove or reduce the swirl marks on the bonnet of my car, they are like spider webs and can be seen under the lights or under the sun also, if you guys have tried wax or other stuffs that have successfully reduce or at least "cover" the swirl marks to let it become not visible, let me know yea? appreciate it.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience