hi performance plug cable on stock engine .

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Yeaaaah, what are the odds~~

Which spark plug cable do you think works the best? Nology, MSD, NGK, Jasma or those unbranded ones? :biggrin:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Im using the normal unbranded one.. But the mech said its 'good'.. So what the heck, my engine stock anyway.. And yes, its 'good'.. Haha hard to tell if there's any diffrence.. Btw i just remembered, my mech said if using high performance cables on a normal sparkplug, it could shorten the life of the sparkie.. Something like 'making it spark more than usual/needed'.. So i donno, any1 can clarify?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hmm... spark more than usual? That doesnt make sense weih~~ Like that youre going to get detonation! Hahaha :rofl:

I think he was saying it oversparks,(Bigger spark than normal) if thats the case I can understand why it shortens the plug lah. Extra voltage going through it.

Do you guys think the 'Jasma' spark plug cables are REALLY from Jasma or just typical immitations? I would really like to know... :/

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
guys...i got this review from asia.vtec.net...they tested OEM and aftermarket plug cable...and guess what...the 8 years old OEM plug cable is better then a new aftermarket cable...maybe is because they are using it on stock engine??? u guys decide it urself....here's the link..
http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/tuning/plugcable.html

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
guys...i got this review from asia.vtec.net...they tested OEM and aftermarket plug cable...and guess what...the 8 years old OEM plug cable is better then a new aftermarket cable...maybe is because they are using it on stock engine??? u guys decide it urself....here's the link..
http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/tuning/plugcable.html
Eh did you even read the whole thing thoroughly ar? Its modified lah: The car has been regularly serviced (either 5000km or 3 months whichever expires first) using original Honda oil filter and Mobil-1 synthetic engine oil. At the time of the test, all maintenance items are new; spark plugs, HKS Super-Power-Flow filter element, even gear oil (using Honda recommended oil). The fuel injectors have also been cleaned less than 4 months ago. The car has also just benefitted from the fitment of brand new HKS Legal Muffler and HKS Super-Header, with a HKS AFR to re-calibrate the air-fuel ratio to our local atmospheric conditions.

In other words, his car is faaaar from standard lah weih :biggrin:

Exhaust dah tukar
Intake dah tukar
And re-tuned also

And this was in 1999, now 2009 hahahaha.

I think the cables get better over time, surely technology has improved right? :rolleyes: Personally I have never dynoed my AD after changing the spark plug cables + spark plugs but there is a different uphill... can lug it in 3rd gear still can pick up speed haha.

Maybe it differs on each engine~~~

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
Eh did you even read the whole thing thoroughly ar? Its modified lah: The car has been regularly serviced (either 5000km or 3 months whichever expires first) using original Honda oil filter and Mobil-1 synthetic engine oil. At the time of the test, all maintenance items are new; spark plugs, HKS Super-Power-Flow filter element, even gear oil (using Honda recommended oil). The fuel injectors have also been cleaned less than 4 months ago. The car has also just benefitted from the fitment of brand new HKS Legal Muffler and HKS Super-Header, with a HKS AFR to re-calibrate the air-fuel ratio to our local atmospheric conditions.

In other words, his car is faaaar from standard lah weih :biggrin:

Exhaust dah tukar
Intake dah tukar
And re-tuned also

And this was in 1999, now 2009 hahahaha.

I think the cables get better over time, surely technology has improved right? :rolleyes: Personally I have never dynoed my AD after changing the spark plug cables + spark plugs but there is a different uphill... can lug it in 3rd gear still can pick up speed haha.

Maybe it differs on each engine~~~

yea...my bad...i've read it before but i dont consider open air filter and change header makes the engine is far from stock...what hp can u get from those modification? 5-8 HP???engine is still stock...just a open air filter...and exhaust header...not even port polish head to maximize the air intake and exhaust..etc...as you can see..NGK blue hyper silicone cable is still in the market and the product is still much the same...the cable that been tested still retain the same technology till now....correct me if i'm wrong...dont know why the standard cable is better...but mybe it is as u say...mybe the cable react differently on different engine...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
yea...my bad...i've read it before but i dont consider open air filter and change header makes the engine is far from stock...what hp can u get from those modification? 5-8 HP???engine is still stock...just a open air filter...and exhaust header...not even port polish head to maximize the air intake and exhaust..etc...as you can see..NGK blue hyper silicone cable is still in the market and the product is still much the same...the cable that been tested still retain the same technology till now....correct me if i'm wrong...dont know why the standard cable is better...but mybe it is as u say...mybe the cable react differently on different engine...
Well, honda's are awesome at their power/litre and making NA engines, who knows! Maybe their own spark plug cables are already low resistance cables?

Haha it still has alot more air going in and out of it. HKS mushroom FTW :rofl:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i also dunno laa...honestly i change my plug to aftermarket 10mm silicone just 2 weeks ago....on the first time drive...felt like nothing different...the other day...felt like the engine is burning fuel more 'solid' kind of feeling....then...2 days later...battery kong...cannot start the engine....hahaaaha...too much power mybe...the cable suck the whole battery life????

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Can meh? The cables get the spark from the distributor and just amplifies it...

Uhm my cables too had a problem after installing them, when I off the enigne it still could run for a second (Detonation I think) Then after that my carburettor tuning lari, and a vacumn hose cracked due to it haha. After tuning tho, my pickup is much better, and even my exhaust smell is different, like the petrol is being burnt more.

Oh but how I know it works, is by actually putting 2 of the grounding cables on top of each other while the engine was on, shit wehhhh can see electrical spark when its the cylinders turn to fire :biggrin:

What brand you using anyways?

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
can see the spark?? dangerous la wei...can get the whole car into fire la...hahahaha
btw...i'm using quadcore 10mm plug cable...buy it here at zth marketplace...i dont expect much pwr on plug cable...just to match it with iridium spark plug for consistent spark n like the bling2 of it...when open the hood...woaaa....racing plug cable meh?so big also....very power arr...(my friend, owner of honda ex5) hahahaaa..

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
lol ..char dou ...like that also can ar ? haha ...hmm ..have a question here ...if adjustable cam pulley ...fixed in already ..but dont want to cover it with the cam pulley cover ..can ?

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
lol ..char dou ...like that also can ar ? haha ...hmm ..have a question here ...if adjustable cam pulley ...fixed in already ..but dont want to cover it with the cam pulley cover ..can ?
i also wanna do like that...but afraid if something jump in the timing belt...like a small rock...and suddenly the belt snap...mati wooo....anyone experience dis kinda situation?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
let's read read : MAGNECOR Race Wires: Inside Information

littlewhitewagon, msd6al worked for me, its a multi-spark discharge type of ignition amplifier, u get multiple sparks per X degree of crank rotation (means way more sparking action than stock la :P) and above 3000rpm, no more multi-spark, but just stronger sparks all the way to the redline

worked well in my application, used it with an msd blaster 2 coil

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone use this before? It cleans tar, bugs, and tree sap. Suppose to be outstanding...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience