Help with new absorber and spring hitting fender

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all,

I just picked up my NCP42 few days ago and the tires kept hitting the fender.
the parts that were installed for the entire suspension were:

1. APM Performax Absorber
2. APM Performax Spring
3. 250mm spacer
4. Front lower arm
5. KYB front absorber bush
6. KYB Front Absorber Mounting
7. SILICONE SATAY BUSH

its driving me crazy. its lowered and the stance is nice but hitting the fender each time is stupidly driving me nuts.

the cheapest solution
1. install spring buffer
2. install back the stock spring
3. Change to lower profile tires (do not wish to do this as i just changed 2 months ago)

any advice is much appreciated.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear all,

I just picked up my NCP42 few days ago and the tires kept hitting the fender.
the parts that were installed for the entire suspension were:

1. APM Performax Absorber
2. APM Performax Spring
3. 250mm spacer
4. Front lower arm
5. KYB front absorber bush
6. KYB Front Absorber Mounting
7. SILICONE SATAY BUSH

its driving me crazy. its lowered and the stance is nice but hitting the fender each time is stupidly driving me nuts.

the cheapest solution
1. install spring buffer
2. install back the stock spring
3. Change to lower profile tires (do not wish to do this as i just changed 2 months ago)

any advice is much appreciated.

3. 250mm spacer.... Is it 25mm? Cannot be 250mm

I think nothing wrong with other parts, could be because of your spacer. 25mm can bring your wheels pretty far out from the wheel well, that is why it is hitting the fender

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
3. 250mm spacer.... Is it 25mm? Cannot be 250mm

I think nothing wrong with other parts, could be because of your spacer. 25mm can bring your wheels pretty far out from the wheel well, that is why it is hitting the fender
Me think so also because everything are made for the NCP42, except the spacer.

I really hope your theory is correct because I've been reading around and found 'wheel offset' is one of the reason it's hitting the fender.

Since I'm in Klang valley, I'll get the spring buffer just in case and will remove the spacer when I back to my mechanic in hometown this Friday.

Sorry, it's 25mm (1 inch) spacer.

Thank you again.

Other feedback is much appreciated.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I really hope your theory is correct because I've been reading around and found 'wheel offset' is one of the reason it's hitting the fender.

Since I'm in Klang valley, I'll get the spring buffer just in case and will remove the spacer when I back to my mechanic in hometown this Friday.

Thank you again.

I think you remove the spacer first, then if all okay no need the buffer.....

Reactions: sanekit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Thank you again.

Don't use the buffer la, it will change your spring behavior (the rate). Just remove your spacers first, that's the most suspicious and actually useless item in your list! You only use spacers as work around if your rims are the wrong size/offsets and/or you already use big brake kit but the existing rims don't have enough clearance for the calipers. If one use the right rims and tire, then there's never a need to use spacers at all and is an unnecessary added weight.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't use the buffer la, it will change your spring behavior (the rate). Just remove your spacers first, that's the most suspicious and actually useless item in your list! You only use spacers as work around if your rims are the wrong size/offsets and/or you already use big brake kit but the existing rims don't have enough clearance for the calipers. If one use the right rims and tire, then there's never a need to use spacers at all and is an unnecessary added weight.
Ricer, as he mentioned the stance is nice but does not help since hitting fender. Anyway 25mm is really too much....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My question is, wheel offset correct or not. Why need spacer if correct?

I would install back stock spring and call it a day. APM lowering springs are too low.

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
taken out the spacer and tested for a week. there are no more rubbing.
as mentioned by everyone else, the abs and spring is extremely low. should have known this before purchasing. if the bumper is a bit high, it will hit my undercarriage. also, cant carry much cargo weight either.

the spacer did caused lots of issue.

thank you all again for the advice.

before

after

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If overall is too low, looks like changing back to original stock height suspension will be best.......
agreed but will keep this setup at the moment.
no worries, i have a SUV which i seldom use.
i prefer the vios because its so easy.

Your before and after looks exactly the same :biggrin:
mana ada. BEFORE it was lowered, the bumper was above the tumbler.
AFTER, the tumbler cant even fit under the bumper.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience