Help Needed - Spring Related

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
bros and sifus...

i installed a lowering spring recently and together changed my rims. OEM rims are 6.5J and this one is 7.0J...comfort is good and handling is improved.

the problem is, tyres at the front are SLIGHTLY and SOMETIMES touch the fender.

I've been inform that we can actually "lapik" the spring with a hard rubber bush to make it higher just a bit and solve this problem.

anyone knows where i can get this done? need to do before "balik Kampung"..

tq guys..

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i think any normal repair shop or alignment shops can do it....anyway just curious to know what brand is yr sports springs & what car & rim diameter?? hw come the sports spring is so low until tyres scrap fender ??

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
hahah..my wrong also laa...previous rim is 6.5J...now using 7J

its APM performax...the spring

thanx bro..

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Im using the APM performax springs too on my satria 1.6 and I have no problems with it. My wheel does not hit the fender as it was only lowered like about an inch only. no qualms

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i also used apm performax b4 on my wira before & it didnt hit my fender as it didn't lower the car that much...maybe an inch or a little more only....most of the sports spring only lower the car a little unless of course if you have cut a bit

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
is it the apm performax really good and lasting??? is it original frm apm??? y so cheap the price compare with gab those??? i wanna fix racing spring donno which good... how about kimex??? good or not???

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
apm will soften after u had some load other than ur original car weight..mine already lowered+lowered...lolz

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
waa.. i also got this prob.. but mine is 6.5j offset 40 fit into satria 1.3.. but if put bush, the gap would very high wif a standard spring.. n look like rally.. some told to ketuk mudguard.. another ask to change to 185 tyre wide.. my ques is, any other spring that stiffer than standard?? but domt want to look like a rally.. waja?? wira 1.8??

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
APM's product quality wasn't good since last 5 years. We keeping received complain from customer who was using APM absorbers. Try looking for Kayaba, if not mistaken the Super series has the same architecture and spec with GAB (kayaba product absorber for GAB Japan before GAB japan close down.)

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
yo dude mind telling me if installing 4 pieces of SPRINGs only usually how much ah?

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
gohkokeng said:
yo dude mind telling me if installing 4 pieces of SPRINGs only usually how much ah?

depend on car.. if kancil rm20 for front per piece n rm10 per piece for rear.. for satria rm20 per piece same price for front n rear..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need some info from sifoo here about the l200 cam pulley...

Im planning to change my stock cam pulley to lighten cam pulley in the market such as jasma cam pulley.

1. Kancil stock 850cc enngine can use jasma lighten l200 cam pulley or not? How about the crank pulley? Is it the same?
:adore:
Still noob here...hehehe...need guide from k-car sifoo..:adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience