Help me mod my Saga LMST please.

Nov 17, 2010
Fellow veterans,

Recently very itchy wanna mod my 07' LMST to provide better driving experience. Hehe.

I need some suggestions as I know nothing about modding cars and am totally virgin in car technicals! Since this car is built on low quality, I dont think I want to put too much cash in it. Gonna just stick to the cheapest. So, no turbo and high-end mods for me =P

I want to mod the car to be more fun, not just to be faster. Fun would be more important hehe. And I'm into taking corners fast. Cant resist the temptation to attack that curve on the road!

From what I've read so far, planning to:

1. Apexi Air Filter Open Pod - Where can I get this cheapest in Subang/Sunway area?
2. Strut bar - Front and back, cheap brand will do. No need UR.
3. Exhaust system - Not sure if need to change the whole piping or parts of it. My LMST is the small muffler, not the big ones from previous LMST batch.
4. Short shifter - This is for fun factor! =D
5. Yet to come.. suggestions?

Will need advice from all the experts and please bear with my noobness. I'm still learning!

Cheers,

darrengoh89

Aug 18, 2009
front 3 point ...rear 3 point ...side bar ...fender bar ...good shocks ... exhaust system modification and aftermarket air filter ....rest all stay stock ...better tyres ...get a 15inch light weight rims ....and pair with your titanium balls ...all this is fun enough for you to whack corners like nobody's business ...a reminder for you ...wanna get bars ..dont go for cheap bars ..UR is the way ...cheap bars doesn't give good quality ...in the end your bar will be ended up cracked due to the materials made and thats why it is cheap ...

1. Apexi Air Filter Open Pod - Where can I get this cheapest in Subang/Sunway area?
2. Strut bar - Front and back, cheap brand will do. No need UR.
3. Exhaust system - Not sure if need to change the whole piping or parts of it. My LMST is the small muffler, not the big ones from previous LMST batch.
4. Short shifter - This is for fun factor! =D
5. Yet to come.. suggestions?

Will need advice from all the experts and please bear with my noobness. I'm still learning!

Cheers,
1. location i dunno... i not stay in subang/sunway... but i do sell open pod filters la (not apexi though)...

2. go for UR... only UR has complete set of bars for saga iswara... ciplak brand only has the front strut bar, and its not suitable as it bolts on to ur absorber bolt... strut bars should strengthen the chassis, not tying both absorber together and create unnecessary stress to ur absorber... get front, fender and rear if limited budget... dont worry, no bad effects installing strut bars.... only minimal and alot of effect...

3. ur extractor is good enough adi... change ur piping to 1.7" diameter... follow original route... replace the midbox with straight flow bullet... muffler get any straight flow muffler with inlet no bigger den 2.0" inlet can adi....

4. syok shifter... u suka lo.. i got sell, jz for ur reference...

5. suspension and brakes are important stuff... as u said, saga iswara is made paliah... so best is to spend more money improving them.... if u got budget, straight get coilovers suspension... if not, u can try with lowered springs and stiffer shocks..... as for brakes, upgrade ur brake servo to double layer servo... improve ur braking significantly... use good brake pads as well because ur oem solid disc tends to overheat very fast compare to ventilated disc rotor...

dont say its cheap car so no need spend so much modding it... if u wanna start modding it, make sure u take care of the paliah parts as mentioned above... else, leave it stock and drive slowly....

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
cheap car? i feel more obliged to mod it hehe..seriously start with suspension..sports springs from apm will do..rm150 per set i think. then get 15in with 195/50 tyres..then u can whack corner like hell until putus minyak hehe..i used to own a 86 saga sedan hehe..lotta fun..sadly the fuel pump was a mechanical one for a carb engine..get a weber or mikuni..ask around for oltimers using them..u might get a good price..and for sure good power hehe..

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

one more..since u like attacking corners, get bucket seat. it is worth it..

karl_razlie

Apr 25, 2005
for handling & Chasis
- UR strut bar
- UR antirollbar
- Ori autoform
- Sound dampen

air filter
- Apexi or
- K&N

exhaust
- exhaust piping one inches bigger than std..follow original route
- good extractor n muffler

Suspension
- Pro-Ride sport ABS
- Eibach, RSR, or Tein

Rolling
- AD07/8 or any good tyre
- 15" lighter sport wheel (japan made)

Braking
- Bendix Titanium/Ultimate
- Dot 4 brake oil
- Pro Rs Steel Braided hose

Cooling
- Gbox oil cooler or engine oil cooler
- Aloy Radiator
- CAI for air filter

Electric
- Pivot or hotiyazama voltage stabilizer - buy ori
- HKS earth circe grounding-replica

Bling-Bling
- Daylight Led light
- Pivot Push start button
- any Japan turbo timer
- Pivot shift light
- Bride Low Max/Cuga (ayam brand)
- Carbon Bonet
- Ray lug nut replica (look like ori)

Engine
- Hi-cam from matspeed
- Adj cam pulley
- Lighter crank pulley
- or supercharger from mat speed
- or plonk satria NEO 1.6 CPS engine..

if wanna simple mod and low budget just put, Drop-in K&N filter (no need do piping), UR strut bar, UR antirollbar, 14" lighter taiwan rim, good tyre, good xtractor and piping one inches bigger frm std.