Advise for modification on my little black "saga"

jamesc03

Nov 30, 2007
hello , i driving proton saga special edition..

May i have some advise from all pro in here , how to modify my car ??

NA stye turbo also can .. :burnout:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
N/A, go for 4g93 or 4g92. Suitable for daily drive...

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
ermm, seems like this topic has already been discussed 2 many a time...

nevertheless, i'll try 2 explain the 1st stage modifications (basics)... it is essential 2 know that a good performance car is built from ground-up. which means we should start with the tyres and so on.

wheels & tires: if u should fancy changing ur stock rims with new sports rims, remember 2 get urself good tires as well. tires' performance vary widely. it's a good practice for city driving to get a balance tire in terms of wet & dry handling. low-profile tires provide better handling while high-profile tires are for comfort. also remember that bigger wheels are normally heavier than smaller ones. heavier wheels increase the rotational moment of inertia n therefore causing the car 2 be sluggish. if u dun fancy changing the wheels nor the tires, skip to the next step...

brakes: get better brake pads with higher friction and effective working temperature to ensure ur car stops well.

suspensions: u can start by replacing the stock springs with sports springs. this will give u a lowered height n a stiffer ride. lower ride changes ur car's centre of gravity n stiffer springs lessens ur car's body-roll, both resulting in better handling and more agressive look. it is also advisable 2 change he stock absorbers 2 sports absorbers. this is 2 better compensate for the new spring rate.

intake: upgrade ur intake by replacing the original equipment manufacturers(OEM) air filter to either aftermarket drop-in air filters which can be fitted straight in2 the factory air box or opp out for unversal open-pod air filters(u will require an air ram 2 be fitted 2 the throttle body). with proper set-up (heat shield, cold air intake & what not...), oen-pod air filters would produce better horsepower. some of the good brands are K&N, HKS, Apex'i and Piper-X. these aftermarket air filters promise better air flow in2 ur intake manifold, thus increase the horsepower of ur engine.

exhaust: upgrade ur exhaust by first replacing ur stock headers(exhaust manifold/extractor) to an aftermarket tuned length extractors. this will ensure the exhaust gases will all travel the same length from all 4 cylinders, thus reducing back pressure resulting higher horsepower. set-up can be the form of 4-2-1 or 4-1 depending on ur preferrence of performance. a good muffler with less restrictions also helps the engine breath better, but 2 de-cat is not advisable as it promotes air pollution. i would recommend u 2 go 2 Powerzone in Glenmarie for enquiries.

part 1 of modifications has already been explained, other sifus pls continue with the next stage...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
skywalker, u get 'high' from the ambipur issit, therefore giving u an instant psychological 20 hp boost?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
ermm, seems like this topic has already been discussed 2 many a time...

nevertheless, i'll try 2 explain the 1st stage modifications (basics)... it is essential 2 know that a good performance car is built from ground-up. which means we should start with the tyres and so on.

wheels & tires: if u should fancy changing ur stock rims with new sports rims, remember 2 get urself good tires as well. tires' performance vary widely. it's a good practice for city driving to get a balance tire in terms of wet & dry handling. low-profile tires provide better handling while high-profile tires are for comfort. also remember that bigger wheels are normally heavier than smaller ones. heavier wheels increase the rotational moment of inertia n therefore causing the car 2 be sluggish. if u dun fancy changing the wheels nor the tires, skip to the next step...

brakes: get better brake pads with higher friction and effective working temperature to ensure ur car stops well.

suspensions: u can start by replacing the stock springs with sports springs. this will give u a lowered height n a stiffer ride. lower ride changes ur car's centre of gravity n stiffer springs lessens ur car's body-roll, both resulting in better handling and more agressive look. it is also advisable 2 change he stock absorbers 2 sports absorbers. this is 2 better compensate for the new spring rate.

intake: upgrade ur intake by replacing the original equipment manufacturers(OEM) air filter to either aftermarket drop-in air filters which can be fitted straight in2 the factory air box or opp out for unversal open-pod air filters(u will require an air ram 2 be fitted 2 the throttle body). with proper set-up (heat shield, cold air intake & what not...), oen-pod air filters would produce better horsepower. some of the good brands are K&N, HKS, Apex'i and Piper-X. these aftermarket air filters promise better air flow in2 ur intake manifold, thus increase the horsepower of ur engine.

exhaust: upgrade ur exhaust by first replacing ur stock headers(exhaust manifold/extractor) to an aftermarket tuned length extractors. this will ensure the exhaust gases will all travel the same length from all 4 cylinders, thus reducing back pressure resulting higher horsepower. set-up can be the form of 4-2-1 or 4-1 depending on ur preferrence of performance. a good muffler with less restrictions also helps the engine breath better, but 2 de-cat is not advisable as it promotes air pollution. i would recommend u 2 go 2 Powerzone in Glenmarie for enquiries.

part 1 of modifications has already been explained, other sifus pls continue with the next stage...
a good explanation......:top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, sorry for starting another topic.

I want to ask a few questions and hope u guys know where recommended places to solve it.

My car currently doing stickers job on FULL CAR.

After i take off the stickers on my car,

1) My car will looks shiny again ?
2) What should i do ? Polish and Wax ?

and

My Headlamp got minor scrathes, my Windscreen and side mirror got watermarks.

I wish to solve all this problem under 1 package guys.
Any shop that can do all this pls pm me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience