Vios NCP93 ABS and handbrake light constant illuminated

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, to all Sifu. i faced this problems since yesterday. the ABS and the Handbrake lights constant illuminated since yesterday. Since today is a Deepavali Public Holiday, so, i plan to send my car to Toyota SC for checking because my car is still under warranty. i also went to other workshop today to check and see whether my car chassis or brake part got problems or not. but the boss told me that my car everything goes well and seem like nothing happen to my car. we also tried to reset the ECU but the light still illuminated. But the problem is the lights suddenly disappear just now when the time i driving back. So, i still wonder do i need to send my car to SC tomorrow to check by using the Toyota electronic gadget or just ignore it since the lights had been disappear. :hmmmm:

Thanks for the advises....:burnout:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi, to all Sifu. i faced this problems since yesterday. the ABS and the Handbrake lights constant illuminated since yesterday. Since today is a Deepavali Public Holiday, so, i plan to send my car to Toyota SC for checking because my car is still under warranty. i also went to other workshop today to check and see whether my car chassis or brake part got problems or not. but the boss told me that my car everything goes well and seem like nothing happen to my car. we also tried to reset the ECU but the light still illuminated. But the problem is the lights suddenly disappear just now when the time i driving back. So, i still wonder do i need to send my car to SC tomorrow to check by using the Toyota electronic gadget or just ignore it since the lights had been disappear. :hmmmm:

Thanks for the advises....:burnout:
If under warranty, best go back to SC, not much to worry about and have them check it out...
(better try to lay low bro, if not people know your car got what kind of mods :whisper: )

Too many car thieves...:wink:

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advice. But the only problem that i care is when i send my car to any SC during the light disappeared, They will ask me come next time because they cannot check it out. So, kinda waste my time....:adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Could be your anti lock brake system is failing. Can get it check out on your ABS.
ABS might not function well during an emergency when u need it if im not wrong...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Also check the brake fluid level as some was having problems due to brake fluid level too...

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Usually when the check light goes off, the problem or fault code is no longer there. And unlike high tech ECUs found in continental which can store the fault code, the SC wouldn't be able to retrieve any fault code. But it is still advisable to go to the SC and have it checked. This is because this incident would be keyed into your vehicle's record and service history. So at least the next time this problem occurs, they would
handle this issue better as they know it is an intermittent problem.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
even if the light disappeared when u visit to toyota sc

by connecting the diagnostic scanner, it should be able to retrieve the temporary and memorized codes

do u repair ur car recently?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey... just wondering... there are those "ah beng" kinda electronic stuff to put in engine just to make those "pretend turbo" pssssssssttt sound rite?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience