Grippen brakes

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
Hi, has anyone bought or is using this brand of brakes?

Links is selling these brakes and they claimed that these are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for Trust.

The set that I was talking to Kee about also includes the 2-piece brake rotors.

The overall construction looks quite nice but I would like to hear your opinions and whether does anyone have any knowledge of how it compares to Brembos, Endless and AP Racing.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
I have been in and out of links quite often.. and have talk to car's owners which have change to grippen... alot of them say that is very good... compare to their oem brakes..

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
taiwan made...ok..but can they be installed in most car models...say..Kia Spectra?
(front & back)

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
JoePrince said:
Hi, has anyone bought or is using this brand of brakes?

Links is selling these brakes and they claimed that these are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for Trust.

The set that I was talking to Kee about also includes the 2-piece brake rotors.

The overall construction looks quite nice but I would like to hear your opinions and whether does anyone have any knowledge of how it compares to Brembos, Endless and AP Racing.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
if not mistaken trust one was label grex from alcon

im drivin a evo 4,thinking to upgrade to grippen also but at last buy oem evo 6 brembo because im afraid next time dun have spare parts for the grippen caliper.

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
must go to links liow..see how much Mr. Kee will quote me for new braking system...grippen style... =)

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
hm.. i tot of getting 4 pots front and 2 pots rear also... how good does it perform compare to the rest? try to search from the net... not much of info though

how much would it cost? maybe we should go bulk purchase????

any1 know the price? er.. i mean who know how to get better price?

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
grippen is kind of like a bang for buck brake system...its far better than your stock one...but not as expensive as brembo or ap racing and such....owner of racecraft is using grippen on his beemer...6F4R if not mistaken...he's also a racedriver...ask him how his grippen is laa....im sure he can give a proper feedback...

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
Quality wise it looks pretty good. Was seriously considering the 6-pot brakes set but I agree with Ian Evo....spare parts availability is an unknown compared to the more established brands.

The front big brake upgrade kit i.e. 6-pots @ 330mm 2-piece rotors is going for about RM8k for Subaru STi.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, it's Taiwan..... And no relation whatsoever to Trust/GReddy
In terms of performance and quality... have no idea. But Links has been pushing it and I've seen a few of the GTR's using them. I should ask for opinions next time...

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
From far, those Grippen calipers look like those fake "BREMBO" caliper cover. LOL

I think considering the price, Grippen is worth it compared to ALCON, GREX, etc.

I heard Grippen bite and lock-up the wheels abruptly, so abit dangerous for novice drivers and those who are using poor adhesion tyres.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

AEM 4 Channel Twin Fire Ignition Module

Decide to get this and install it into my car. After around 2.5hrs or wiring etc. Its finally done.

I also increase the spark gap to 1.1mm

Initial impression is good. I can feel the idling smoother (less vibration). pick up is also better.

Will need some time to see if my FC improves.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience