Go Light Weight

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
hi to all...anyone knows the weight of tyres? i hope to know the weight of an 195/50 R15..and does it differ from brands? can anyone provide a figure??...and may i know if there is a light weight crossmember(where my lower arms is connected) & centermember (the ones my engine mounting sits on) in this market? im currently driving a wira 1.5 with an 4G92 Mivec.. Please acknowledge me...thanks..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
get the tyres with carbon fibre sidewalls... should be lightweight enough for u...

but then, if normal rubber tyres, i dont think their weight varies alot... it wont affect ur car performance much.... but tyre profile will... lower profile, less flex, better handling...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
go for 14 inch sport rim with 185 tyre sure will meet ur requirement.

CarroTT

Known Member
Nov 9, 2006
tyres do vary in weight, just take 2 same brand tyres with same width, one cheapo one, another one pirelli dragon. c how much difelence :burnout:

better just change to a light weight rim and expensive tyres, its the centrifugal force that matters most

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
get the tyres with carbon fibre sidewalls... should be lightweight enough for u...

but then, if normal rubber tyres, i dont think their weight varies alot... it wont affect ur car performance much.... but tyre profile will... lower profile, less flex, better handling...
what sky said is true.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
no need tenkiu 1.ur statement make sense mar.tak kan u want to go n buy
tyre,u bring with u a scale to weight the tyre 1 by 1 right.....hehehe.:)
no offense starscream.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
No worriess GT AUTO! for knowledge is what i seek...hehe i really thought of getting a scale..because i really want to know..it might not be alot of weight reduce..but bits by bits..im planning for a carbon bonnet & the GAB SS series..it is light also...but now i only got the spoon light weight rims...have u heard of the light weight center member??

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
u mean the lower front cross member?
think so...it is a piece of bent vertical (if u stand infornt the car) steel...it holds the lower front engine & gearbox mounting...N its quite heavy..wana get a lighter ones...wondering where to get it...best if i can get hold of a light weight side crossmember..the ones holding the steering rack & lower arm.. anyway..how much would a carbon fiber bonnet would cost?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
don't touch on the cross member as it hold engine and gearbox.
ur engine may be drop down if cross member is unable to support.
Try light weight from the basic first.. like fender,battery & spare tyre etc...
u can go to carbon firbe bonnet if u want.. but pls watch out on the crack issue.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
think so...it is a piece of bent vertical (if u stand infornt the car) steel...it holds the lower front engine & gearbox mounting...N its quite heavy..wana get a lighter ones...wondering where to get it...best if i can get hold of a light weight side crossmember..the ones holding the steering rack & lower arm.. anyway..how much would a carbon fiber bonnet would cost?
what car r u driving?carbon bonnet for wira around rm1.7k for the hq 1 while
the average 1 will cost around 1.2k.why not take off ur power steering n
replace it with manual rack.u can free up a few hp there if u using a small
diameter wheel.u can try n remove the sound proof material of ur car too.
i heard my friend told me the total weight of the stuff is nearly 40kg.thats
a lot if u ask me.:)
don't touch on the cross member as it hold engine and gearbox.
ur engine may be drop down if cross member is unable to support.
Try light weight from the basic first.. like fender,battery & spare tyre etc...
u can go to carbon firbe bonnet if u want.. but pls watch out on the crack issue.
i agreed with all of the parts that u mention above except fender.the original
fender is already light right?it's just a thin piece of steel.

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
throw away ur spare tire n unnecessary things inside ur car, use lightweight wheels, cut ur bonet's frame..

hey gt, also heard b4 hp will increase by removing the power steering, any idea how much?? but of coz damn hard to get into parking later, hehe..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
around 5hp.maybe more.it's like switching off ur a/c.u can even switch from
using belt driven water pump to electric 1 to reduce ur power lost.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, i want to know what are the effects or consequences when ignition coil faulty/damage ? and what kind of damage usually...burned ?

i want to know something like...if the coil got minor damage..then it goes like this bla bla bla, and if the coil got major damage and the car wont start or whatsoever bla bla bla

ok thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience