gear knob

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
i have a screw on type gear knob(hope u all know what i mean, heh heh)...

due to constant gear shifting, the gear knob will loosen after some time which i have to rescrew it back(very annoying)..
recently i found out there's holes on my gear rod due to the stupid screws...

is there anyway to make it as tight as those stock gear knob n not damaging the rod? and save up the work of screwing back?

thnk uuuuu
:)

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
u got hole on de gear rod(gear shifter???) ?? how can a screw type gear knob make holes on de shifter?? de knob's thread is made of wood...

well.. u can try to use plenty of PTFE tape (for plumbing) n wrap it around de gear shifter thread... then screw back de knob until tight.

another alternative is to change to a nicer gearknob dat use helen hey type...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think he saying that his gear knob's helen key screw is screwing the gear shift steel and make a mark on the steel...

jino86

Feb 24, 2005
wud suggest to try n apply lubricant as for THOSE rod and screw stuff..hehe...but i think loctite cud help....

rev190

Jun 23, 2005
KL
i assume when u bought the gearknob(like momo), it has various sizes of rubber caps given.U suppose to find one that fits your shifter nicely then place it on the shifter b4 u insert your gearknob to screw.That rubber helps reduces the knobs freeplay thus reducing the chances of the knob getting loose.r u using the short shifter or the standard one?Short shifters sold nowadays are usually alluminium.So its much softer than mild steel causing the allen keys screws to penetrate easily. just my 2 cents.

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
sorry sorry..
a bit of languange problem with my question...
the gear knob i bought is using "helen or alan" key 1...

rev190: mine is a imitation of momo's king sphere.. dont have the rubber cap u mentioned... i see before the stuff u said, but mine dont have..

btw, my gear rod is stock 1... original from protong shah alam... heh heh

very sorry for the confusion...
advice para forumers?
thanks

Last edited:

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
u can use those screw tightener liquid..kinda expensive tho. i used 2 haf d same problem.. every 2 days must tighten all 3 screws, n sumtimes i misplace my alan key..aih.. tiring.. then 1 time my 12years old cousin ask me 2 put UHU gum.. n IT WORKS!! if u wanna take it off juz spray some wd40.. dont use Gam GAJAH!

juz make sure u sey UUUHHHUUUUUU b4 using.. hehe..

Last edited:

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
thx for the kindness from u all...
i have solve the problem by picking info in this thread...
this is how i solve the problem..
1) go buy shorter bolt..
2) tape the whole rod with DUCT TAPE
3) thn screw up
4) until now the gear knob didnt loosen..
very satisfied with it.. Hope this can help those faces same problem with me.
all da best

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
info

prob with gear knob....mine worst...all the screws haus coz hav to tighten everytime....so i went to buy another type of alan screws and replave it with the old ones....new ones are bit bigger...i mean the head and longer also. so i have to cut them shorter .. after screw the new screws, the gear knob never loose ever since

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using stock satria 4g13..

The car runs normaly when accelerating but when decelerate or braking at the traffic light the engine always die...a mech told me that i hav to service my throttle body..im not sure whethr my TB is the cause..just want to ask fr u guys opinion about it before i go to the work shop n spend my money fr somethin else thats not the cause of this prob..thnx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience