DIY- to eliminate gearbox whistling sound??

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
:itsme:dear guyz,

i am facing some whistling sound from my gearbox, wira 1.5mt yr 2003.

juz changed the gear oil (kinda muddy already - previous owner didnt change on time) and added gear oil treatment. the sound still can hear but not so loud. it gets louder when i am in 4th & 5th gear.

went to mech, they advice either to dismantle all and change the particular noisy bearing or change the whole gearbox which cost me a bomb....

so juz wandering is there any "petua" or ideas to eliminate the sound??
gear shift is smooth and everything is fine....juz only the irritating sound....

any sifus in here can advice.....many thanks ahead....:):driver:

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
redo the gear box would much better than buying a used one at chop shop..... but if you hav reliable source, cheaper buying 2nd hand gearbox.....

not very sure actually...... hehe! :stupid:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
better go for repair the gb.

if buy 2nd hand, dono maybe soon the 2nd hand gb also become whistle.

once and for all go to repair it with new parts. better and u know it will last long.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Izzit like when you accelerate or decelerate the whistling sound like get higher pitch when you accelerate ?

Mat_Isam

Known Member
Nov 18, 2005
bro, i'm facing the same problem like mr EvolutionZ.....when accelerate whistling sound and
when 'lepas minyak' sound so noise (gruk..gruk..gruk.) like gearbox nk pecah....
currently using evo 2 4wd gearbox
...before this used evo 3 lsd (same prob but more noise) is there any possiblity sound coming
from clutch....right now using trinity complete set pad n spacer (bought new)....
someone can help me here...TQ.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
thanks guyz for the suggestion and advice....i sourced a 2nd hand gearbox and changed it....now it works fine but manual used gearbox is expensive....cheerz

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
i thought itu masalah bearing saje ... i used to have that whistling but after changed the main bearing , ok alrdy ... oh well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,

i just changed my engine internals recently, but ever since, there's this irritating tappet noise. most significant in the morning when the engine is cold. when i asked my workshop, they said the tappets will take some time to realign themselves. is it true? is there a way to solve this problem? there wasnt any noise b4..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience