.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
SkYwAlKeR said:
u sifoo exhaust mar.... anything refer to u can oledi lor... kekekeke....
me no sifoo la..just some lousy knowledge only.. sifoo like fstrader,kent20 and others...me still learning together with u all..:_:

m3 power said:
wah gud thread weng. informative. want to ask is it centre/bullet box have to change regularly? change the whole thing or just refibering?
m3power, no need to refiber ler...refibering is more expensive than you getting a new one, else you wanna refiber those big mufflers like Drager. Refibering costs around 200+ for a big muffler. The midbox that i recommended usually can stands 2 year more.

kori

Aug 30, 2004
kweng84 said:
me no sifoo la..just some lousy knowledge only.. sifoo like fstrader,kent20 and others...me still learning together with u all..:_:

m3power, no need to refiber ler...refibering is more expensive than you getting a new one, else you wanna refiber those big mufflers like Drager. Refibering costs around 200+ for a big muffler. The midbox that i recommended usually can stands 2 year more.
anyone here had an experience refibered those big muffler ??
mind sharing ??

thanx...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
muff re-fibiring about less then 100 laa, thats wat i was told by last time...depeding on materials used and u on what kinda budget. but most important thing is the workmanship, no point paying loads of money but shitty work, so choose ur tuner wisely.

many things can be done on a oem muff, some wira owners with ori twin pipe's has that for cover on but in actuall fact inside is original 304 all covered by the orginal twin pipe muffler. (easier to get thru jpj block)

m3 power

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
kweng84 said:
after 2 years change the box?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
hmm.. i also noticed a lot people said for auto its best use s-flow. isnt s-flow similar (i know not same) as stock muffler? then might as well i keep stock muffler.
Similar means the amount of backpressure is similar. i am rather skeptical why people choose s-flow for auto... (any proof or just 'heard from someone'?)

it would be good to have a formula to calculate piping length, diameter and type of muffler to be used depending on the engine cc...

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
m3 power said:
wah gud thread weng. informative. want to ask is it centre/bullet box have to change regularly? change the whole thing or just refibering?
change the whole bullet,depand what kind of bullet u using,if lousy quality,which means u purchase less then rm100 without brand one maybe 4month already kong....

how to know the center bullet spoil.
1.suddently kuat makan minyak
2.the sound of your exhust suddently become more lounder then usual
3.dunno what elseh haha..

if u match both 1&2 is the time to change to your bullet

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
donCityZ said:
hmm.. i also noticed a lot people said for auto its best use s-flow. isnt s-flow similar (i know not same) as stock muffler? then might as well i keep stock muffler.
Similar means the amount of backpressure is similar. i am rather skeptical why people choose s-flow for auto... (any proof or just 'heard from someone'?)

it would be good to have a formula to calculate piping length, diameter and type of muffler to be used depending on the engine cc...
i only know if use all the way striaght flow for automatic car,the car pick up all will gone..
my expirance
1.the stupid gear willl change very fast during low rpm
2.when put on "D" then and u press max on the padel,the car moving like damn slow "torque hilang",when u reach to almost 5k rpm shap kao the car change gear..vomit blood

those ppl choose S-Flow scare bapa scold lor,scare mama scold lor,scare JPJ lor
coz sflow no sound...if you add on a good center bullet

Wild_Seven

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
My 2 cents,

If you had not done any modification on your car, stick to stock exhaust. Most exhaust mod, will shift the power curve to the right, in lay man's term....the cars maximum torque will occur later, exactly opposite of what is needed.

There is no Replacement for Displacement, other than FORCED INDUCTION! :)

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
just asking.. izzit true that s-flow type muffler is for auto???

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Refibering depends on the muffler if im not wrong because my recent customer got a big dunk apexi muffler which he did refibering for rm220 for it.

Modified S-flow muffler and the stock sflow muffler , the difference is inside the muffler box itself. Stock sflow muffler has many blocks while the modified sflow muffler has less blocks. Less blocks give better throttle response and also better acceleration power. Besides, inlet size will be slightly bigger than stock muffler, which gives better exhaust flow. Stock sflow muffler performs the best at very high rpm, thus, for those who wants sflow muffler but do not revv so high, you need to get modified sflow which provides u the peak of torque at a little bit lower rpm than stock. Hope you guys get what i mean.

Wild_Seven

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
kweng84 said:
Modified S-flow muffler and the stock sflow muffler , the difference is inside the muffler box itself. Stock sflow muffler has many blocks while the modified sflow muffler has less blocks. Less blocks give better throttle response and also better acceleration power. Besides, inlet size will be slightly bigger than stock muffler, which gives better exhaust flow. Stock sflow muffler performs the best at very high rpm, thus, for those who wants sflow muffler but do not revv so high, you need to get modified sflow which provides u the peak of torque at a little bit lower rpm than stock. Hope you guys get what i mean.
S Flow mufflers usually have 3 chambers, meaning to say the exhaust actually flow all the way to the middle chamber of the box, then to the front chamber and finally to the rear chamber and this is only an example as there are many variations to the S flow design. Sometimes there is even a bypass pipe between the middle and rear chamber.

Less blocks need NOT necessarily gives better throttle response and acceleration as it lessens BACK PRESSURE. Normally aspirated cars need sufficient back pressure to generate torque, unlike Forced Induction equipped cars. (Similarly to the piping size). Less chambers will also likely to cause the exhaust to be louder. Bigger pipes will also cause a drop in back pressure and increase in loudness.

General Rule of thumb, increase of pipe size and decrease of chambers will lessen back pressure and hence loss of low end torque but will result in a slight gain of HP in the top end. As in the Golden Rule of Creation, you cant create something out of nothing.

fazrul

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
1st of all.. cheers and great thread!
question : i got 2" muffler if i change to stock which 1.5" muffler izzit ok? or any problem will accour. thx in advance .. bump for kent20 :)

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
thanks all for sharing ur views...

Im sticking to stock muffler. :) my priority still want to maintain
my excellent low end torque which i gained from changing
extractor. hi speed i don care so much.. the fastest i went
also is 180km/h.. and at that speed, my car is saying to me..
"What tha f*ck are u doing???!!!!".. kekekeke.... mostly
160km/h at hiways is stable and good cruising edi...

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
fazrul said:
1st of all.. cheers and great thread!
question : i got 2" muffler if i change to stock which 1.5" muffler izzit ok? or any problem will accour. thx in advance .. bump for kent20 :)
no problem one i think your toquer will be inscressed if u do so..

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
kent20 said:
this is what inside a good S-FLOW muffler

this warlock like very nice can be sflow also can be striaght flow thinking to order man!!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sad to say that this week Monday night(incident suspect happened Sunday night) I noticed that there are cat prints on half hood. Its very visible under porch light BUT must bend down in an angle to see it. You can't see it from the top. Tried taking pics but failed since its not really that deep. Its like someone just used a "dry Good Morning Towel" and rubbing it back and forth. Not deep... fingernail can't catch it. Will be polishing the half hood this weekend(maybe try ScratchX 2.0 1st)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience