Eterna v6 twin turbo gearbox problem

tembun

Jan 16, 2006
To all sifus,
Anyone can give opinion on my perdana v6 twin turbo gearbox problem. It is a manual 2wd gearbox but don't know what type.
The problem is the first gear cannot be shifted from free directly. It only can be done either by shifting it very slowly to first gear or shift the gear to 2nd then to 1st gear. If I try to shift directly to 1st gear, there will be a sound like the gear is not in position.
Another thing, got a headache with the perdana rear power window problem. Had got it checked but can only be used for a few days. Afterthat, sorry cannot be used. There is no problem with the switches or the motor itself.:confused_smile:
Any ideas! Thank you

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
yes bro

i met this gear box problem b4 wif my previous mivec engine
when shift directly to 1st gear got sound like "crack" rite???
i went to my mech n ask him to take out my gearbox n check n he say that the gear inside ( i forgot which part d) got prob n cant fix it anymore.if wan to fix need to order many parts so he suggest me to get another gearbox which cost me cheaper than repair

u may ask ur mech to check ur gearbox
n i hope that ur prob is not like mine which need to change another gearbox

hope this can help

Gen2(Mivec)

Jan 12, 2006
tembun said:
Thank you, sir.
Bro, 1st of all, is tat the original gear box???? Did change ur clucth plate b4???? the main thing is, ask ur mech to check ur 'flywheel' got 'senget' o not.... k!!:_:

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
tembun said:
To all sifus,
Anyone can give opinion on my perdana v6 twin turbo gearbox problem. It is a manual 2wd gearbox but don't know what type.
The problem is the first gear cannot be shifted from free directly. It only can be done either by shifting it very slowly to first gear or shift the gear to 2nd then to 1st gear. If I try to shift directly to 1st gear, there will be a sound like the gear is not in position.
Another thing, got a headache with the perdana rear power window problem. Had got it checked but can only be used for a few days. Afterthat, sorry cannot be used. There is no problem with the switches or the motor itself.:confused_smile:
Any ideas! Thank you
oh that usually happen to v6tt gearbox...i think u have to ask your mec about it..but usually just get a prepare to get another gearbox just incase.....
is not a big problem but......u knw anything can happen........
same goes to me about the bck window....i just leave it cause to headache to fix it everytime...heheheh

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Its probably your fisrt gears synromesh already wotn out. Mitsu's are famous for that problem. My evo gearbox also the same but its on the fourth as well. You should just opt for the standard 4wd gearbox and install the whole drive system. End to all your problems furthermore its just bolt on.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have you any bad experience buying a used car and finding the mileage meter (odometer) manipulated to give a much lower reading? Please share your experience. Is this a common problem in Malaysia? It is a common problem in Western countries with advanced technology. Are Malaysian Used Car sellers tech-savy enough to roll back odometers?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience