• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Enlarge Trottle Body

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
Reactions
Hey guyz need your help here..currently im planing to enlarge / bore my stock trottle body without sacrifie my cold start..below are my question and hope you guys can give me your opinion..

1) Any recommend shop with good workmanship for this mod? Idling will screw up if the workmaship not nice.
2) What is the maximum size i can bore?
3) How much it will cost?
4) It take how long to do this mod?
5) Last but not least is the power. I don expect a huge gain but i expecting improve some respond here.So any expertise here can share their experience on this mod?

Im driving mivec engine with 60mm trottle body if im not mistaken.

Last edited:
normally done by machine/engineering shop.
Willl bore it up. Make sure you bore the manifold throttle body part as well, or else, no use.

as far as i know, the stock TB can be ported up to between 62 - 63mm. Ask ur mech where does he sends blocks for rebore, these engineering shop can surely do it for u.. Cost, if i'm not mistaken, the last time i ask was around RM200 - 250 for enlargement and also for the custom butterfly valve plate. If u worry about time, buy another TB then send for mod, then ur stock one sell it at the same price la.. If u want best bang for buck, do a Port & polish lah, confirm better response.

What is ur stock engine and stock throttle body size??:hmmmm:

You can bore yourself with a flap sander and a hand drill. I ported my 45mm Wira 1.5 TB to 50mm. No problem at all. Intake manifold can also be ported in the same way. They're all made of aluminium alloy, soft enough for a flap sander to remove material. Just keep a veneer scale handy to measure the diameter from time to time during the process. But the TB gasket will need to be cut by hand, because the flap sander will shred it. You can cut out the gasket roughly and use gasket silicone to lay an even bead around 1mm away from the hole before bolting the TB back onto the intake manifold.

jswong=thanks for sharing your experience..i don think bore 5mm can be apply on my 60mm trottle.Anywhere, a lot of pp suggest me go for the whole set which is 70mm trottle and bigger inlet and of coz tht would cost a bomb to my wallet.

jswong=thanks for sharing your experience..i don think bore 5mm can be apply on my 60mm trottle.Anywhere, a lot of pp suggest me go for the whole set which is 70mm trottle and bigger inlet and of coz tht would cost a bomb to my wallet.

behalf of my friend..got tb to sell ori 68mm mikuni for mitsubishi...no auto choke...

Artspeed..mind to pm me your phone number? or you can call me at 012-2666679 edmund..

btw, what you mean no auto chock?

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi everybody ,

I'm the Lamborghini Murcielogo fan but no MONEY to own it .SO ,I plan to replicate myself but the body kit is very very expensive in UK abt RM 50K (w/o shipping) , anybody can tell me where can get this body kit in MALAYSIA (refer picture-DIABLO). :driver:

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom