Engine timing problem

fookongmick

Dec 5, 2005
I drive a Daihatsu G100 Aura.

Here's the problem:
My engine idling without the air con is 1000. That's fine with me. But when I turn on the air con, it shoots up to 1300!

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
set the timing back down. Ur car is carburetor rite? Look at the carubetor below the air filter, there is one arm with a screw. That arm would move when u activate the air con and the screw would press on the timing lever on the carubetor. To find this arm, turn the air con on and off. Once u find this arm, turn the screw to play around the idle timing when the air con is activated.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
trex92 said:
set the timing back down. Ur car is carburetor rite? Look at the carubetor below the air filter, there is one arm with a screw. That arm would move when u activate the air con and the screw would press on the timing lever on the carubetor. To find this arm, turn the air con on and off. Once u find this arm, turn the screw to play around the idle timing when the air con is activated.

if u duno how to find tat arm...ask one fren ON n OFF the aircon..and u see at ur carb there...there mus be one thing is moving...tat is the 'arm; u looking for...

mint8962

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Thx man, i think i have d same problem too, some more it's worst during d jam. Will try to fix it myself.