Timing problem?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

philipskardon

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
Seeking help,

1. I have this problem where by, while driving when pressing the clutch to engage gears, up or down, the RPM will dive down to 400-500, causing the car to judder abit. The car doesn't die but i don't think it's normal for it to react that way.

So what may be the cause? Dirtty throttle body?

2. SOmetime the car will misfire. doesn't happen everyday but at times it's a pain. It's like missing a firing phase or something. Would the fault be the plug cables or lack of fuel due low fuel pressure.

For all it's worth, i've change to normal plugs, brand new at less than 20K milage. Tuning is basically worthless as the ecu which is siemens and will reset it self.

Plug cables are aftermarket ones, 10.8mm. then there's the usual open pod air filter and it's a satria 1.8

so whats the catch?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
for the timing prob, is there a screw on the TB to adjust for timing, if so, tune it up some. Then clean the TB. Should also consider switching to small gauge spark plug cables. Use back the 8mm ones....

Misfiring prob is most probably from ur spark plug cables. While the engine is running check whether there is any sparking sound that u can hear when u fiddle with the spark plug cables. Could be faulty cables. Also u can send ur car to check for whether the ignition timing is set properly. I believe it is 10 degrees BTDC...

philipskardon

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
would it be advisable to clean the TB without dismantling it? ie spray wd40 into it while engine is runninng?

The funny thing is, the problem was rectify while servicing then it came back. But it's periodic at time it'sreally bad..

auragtti

Known Member
Sep 4, 2004
I facing the same timing problem with my car......when I want to drop the gear the RPM needle drop really fast to 400-500 and sometime near 0 but the engine don't die...the RPM needle just return back to 1000 but when the RPM drop the car will shaking like hell......

Some of my friend said that I need to change my TB, they said that my TB has worn out(Not Sure how to check a worn out TB??)......I had my TB service but the same problem will still appear......

and when I warming up the engine...Its normal for my car RPM going up to 1500 coz the engine is still cold but when my temp meter reach half .........the timing will go up and down for couple of minutes....the RPM needle will go up to 1500 and drop down to 1000 all the time......and when the engine is completely warm and the RPM will normal back to 950+-.......Can anybody tell me what is happening to my car???:sad_smile:

Some of my friend use same engine with mine but they had no problem like this before.........

dyupol

Apr 27, 2006
i experienced it already. just buy a SERVO REPAIR KIT for your car. Servos are like gears near the throttle body, you have to change them if they are wasted. it solved the up-down RPM problem... tell me if it works...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia had just set new benchmarks for executive sedans with the unveiling of the new Accord today. The 9<sup>th</sup> generation Accord now comes in strategic packages, in an effort to offer value while maintaining premium features in all its variants...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience