Engine Light on EVOIII

duke_gti

Apr 25, 2005
KL
Just received my car last friday and noticed the 'check engine light' never lights up just before starting the engine. If i'm not mistaken, the light should be turned on automatically for a few seconds before/during starting the engine?:confused: Anybody have any experience about this? Thanks in advance.

duke_gti

Apr 25, 2005
KL
jinkl- said:
could be simple light burn
I've thought of that. heheheh. Not sure supposed to be on or off before starting :)

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
try taking out the meter and swapping the bulb with a light bulb from another signal that u're sure is working... lancer meter not difficult to take out wan.

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Visit site
dude,

u might got serious problem there in the engine or maybe just some sensors error.but still i suggest u go to mitsubishi service centre to check why the engine lite is on.u might have another choice such as MUT check-up,but then it still wont be 100% sure the problem will be solve,again,maybe u'll find urself stuck with new problems.
the check engine lite is a crucial thing u know.electronics never lies u know....if it's on,then u r in some trouble,if not,just drive away from ricers......

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
It might just be a simple burnt bulb behind the cluster gauge.

For assurance, hook up your OBD socket and get a read out of your error codes.

rainman2

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Kajang
fren,
what if the turbo light (green color) does not light and the bulb is okay as both the check engine and the turbo light should be on and off b4 we usually start the car :)

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
turbo light? got meh? u talking bout evo3?

im driving....got turbo light meh? green color some more?

rainman2 said:
fren,
what if the turbo light (green color) does not light and the bulb is okay as both the check engine and the turbo light should be on and off b4 we usually start the car :)

Pot78

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Perak
Do u mention Boost Gauge 'light'????:confused: My evo2 also dun hav GREEN light ler!

Huakenny, Sifu where can i attach the boost gause pipe to make it function accurately? Throttle? Fuel pressure regulator??

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Pot78 said:
Do u mention Boost Gauge 'light'????:confused: My evo2 also dun hav GREEN light ler!

Huakenny, Sifu where can i attach the boost gause pipe to make it function accurately? Throttle? Fuel pressure regulator??
ZTH sifus told me to connect to BOV tat vacuum hose

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
saw some mitsu meter got the turbo light or "siput" light..
mine also have..but mine is daihatsu..hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i seeking performance carb.. any recommednation?
for proton 4g15 carb .
who have and how much you guys selliong?
Pm me the price if you have. thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience