EF 2doors rebuild

AE80

Known Member
hello all,

i wanna know a lil bit about honda and honda's engine coz now i want to restore my EF 2doors 1.5L..
just now i wanna ask all sifus here.. what engine is better put on it.. b16a to many variation..and how much cost for labour and halfcut..

i'm in sabah now..last time i call to the one of chop shop here and he offer me 9.5k big vtec eg9..
+ labour, rear discbrake, piping = 12k ..i think this is quite expensive.. my budget for all engine work and suspension / piping till my car run properly is only 8~10k max..and i need repaint too....i think cost around 2~3k..

summore i go to another chop shop.. he offer me b18c integra but auto for 6.5k..halfcut alone..
sifus here can give me an idea? how much i need.. and what i need.. purpose of this car is not for racing or high power .. only to have a new reliable engine with a little power and comfortability...but i prefer vtec..

somemore, do i easily get a new set of front and back seat..or dashboard replacment..?

thanks to all... sorry for my bad english.. :)

With 12K you could get a full type R engine swap!....
Dunno about the prices in Sabah, but over here, an eg9/6 half cut costs around 5.5-7.5K (depending on specs & parts given)...

The easiest swap would be from an EF9/8 (VTEC kecik), but they're hard to come by these days...and mind u they're old engines (20+ years old)..

For interior parts, it's the same......they are hard to get....get in touch with EF club members/forum and ask around, most probably you'll find what your looking for....just have to be patient....

anywayz good luck:wavey:

For local EF/ED chasis.. the easiest way to do it is installing an EF9 halfcut engine(peninsular price roughly RM6k-7+-)... mounting on the right(driver side) have to be adjusted abit... not difficult to install the rest are plug n play including the dash board... rear disc brakes n fuel tanks come together as well n fits nicely

however a cheaper EF8 halfcut can also be installed but mounting works hv to be done for both sides n the front connecting the G.box... proper work is needed for the mounts if it is to pass puspakom endorsement purposes... n all other parts can fit with minimal mods including the body parts...

if u install newer b16A/B series engine from eg or ek, there will be more jobs to be done n not easy to pass puspakom endorsement..

bad part about using EF series engine or also known as small VTEC is:-
1- It is using cable clutch
2- less hp than eg B16A series
3- gear box final Drive ratio is 4.2(Only DA6 models is using 4.4)

Good part about EF with Vtec:-
1- it is lighter than Eg n Ek Models..

thanks.. how about ZC black cover engine? do u think it's reliable engine compare to early b16a (small vtec)..

Local ED chasis are not plug & play for B16, still needs to do engines mountings, only original EF9 chasis are plug n play.
Parts still not that hard to find, spare parts shop LHS still selling most of them or at mudah.com.my

- ZC is a good engines without Vtec, its 135hp
- go for EF9 half cut if you want the JDM looks & daily rides with vtec with a piece of mind, you can use all the JDM parts too or
- if you are into engines modification which sometimes involved with 'racing' & competitions, go straight for B18cr, less headache later.(skip big Vtec & b16b)
- Hunger for horsepowahh ? go for B20frankenstein or K20 swap:smokin:

go here for more infos http://www.honda-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
ef still rules the earth yo hah hah(pls beware of haters !):thefinger:

thanks.. :)

i think wanna go for B20frankenstein :D

thanks kev, actually i wanna convert my ED6 to EF9 JDM complete..hehe

update:
what inside my ED6 now..
engine: JDM B16A 2nd gen (big VTEC)
ecu: pr3 obd0
gearbox: S1 (cable)
header and distributor: from B16A 1st gen
need more aftermarket stuff later..

time+passion+money=satisfaction..

how much ur planning to spend on ur car anyways. remember , unless ur keeping the car, then its worth to mod, really

i spent tons of my neo, but the neo failed me, so i sold it, made a loss there

same with my old corolla AE80..failed...
sold it..and this is my 2nd project..

budget? i'll keep it as low as i can with good result..
but, the problem here is to gettin a good workmanship..really..
for now, still find a good place for bodywork/paint job..

I'm going to restore my local ED 2 doors... Any recommendation?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom