Dull Carbon Fibre

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
good question, i think all CF hoods will fade after some time.

but i have no idea where to do it.............

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
is your genuine CF ? there are alot polisher that work on CF

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
of course genuine carbon fiber :biggrin:

can you help name some of the polishers that will help with the CF?

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
bro...

sorry..i may be a noobie la..

but CF products are usually finished by layers of epoxy/resin (the coating that hardens the fiber and gives it the shine finish)

there are ways to test and u can even DIY (no harm done)

use the mcguire ultimate compound...it only cost bout rm40.00 per bottle..
Ultimate Compound - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

its relatively mild and compound actually cuts a very minimal amount of the surface to remove fine scratches and uneven surfaces. But ultimate compound has a smaller grit which it will only cut a lil. If ultimate compound works, just then apply mcguire scratch X to remove swirl lines and fine lines cause by cloths or sponges..

after that apply a layer of wax and ur CF will be as good as new..

but if the surface is more severe and the ultimate compound cant cure, opt for a rougher grit compound...or u can even use sanding (like paper grit 1200...then use higher ones like 2000 to perfect the surface)

after this...apply the ultimate compound and repeat what u have done b4..

all in all, the way to go is:

use smaller grit (compound or sanding = rougher) and increases the grit rating (the higher the rating the smoother it gets...)

hope my tip do some help..

cheers

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

and vagabond and integramania bro..

if u happen to live around PJ...give Leong a try..(beside mongo jerry and puay chai primary SS2)

contact him @ 0163980683..he uses Klasse products...

if he ask just say its jermaine who drives a kenari la...who previously ask him to polish the cf bonnet...

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

and vagabond and integramania bro..

if u happen to live around PJ...give Leong a try..(beside mongo jerry and puay chai primary SS2)

contact him @ 0163980683..he uses Klasse products...

if he ask just say its jermaine who drives a kenari la...who previously ask him to polish the cf bonnet...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Never start with aggressive polisher when you attempt to resolve your defect regards CF or normal paintwork. Always start with mildest product...if can't only slowly step up.

ultimate compound if direct covert from USD > RM yes i might end up near RM40 but Malaysia DON'T sell at these price.

U have a some read up there. S2Ki.com at Meguiar's! - October 21st! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

- Wipe down with Quick Detailer to remove loose dust
- Clay with our Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove above surface bonded contaminants
- Clean using M80 Speed Glaze with a W-8006 foam polishing pad on the G100 using the 5.0 setting.
- Protect using NXT Tech Wax with a W-9006 finishing pad on the 3.0 setting.
- Remove dried wax using our microfiber bonnet over a clean, dry W-7006 foam cutting pad on the 5.0 setting.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Wow thanks for all the info....you guys really are knowledgeable abt car detailing....

I am a serious noob so I dare not DIY....

Bro DJgErM the shop you mean is a car wash area rite? How much he charged u to polish?

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
Try using 3M's polishing paste and turtle wax,
it worked on my CF GT wing...
trust me bro!
it works!

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
huhu.. my ORI cf hood also dull n faded liao...

looking for place to restore the cf shine ( i also noobie.. dun dare to DIY) :smokin::smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all parts for kenari conv. 2 move L900 all original parts pls call for more detail 0129688886/ 0169233888
Flickr: dspecial_list's Photostream
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience