Dos and Don'ts for New Turbo Owner - HELP NEEDED!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If u want a clean dashboard, install something like Defi Link Display. Plus, u can remove it to prevent thieves from grabbing it.

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
acbc...
What does is included in the Defi Link Display? Cos it's really confusing me... I know I need a boost meter, afc & a dunno whatchama you call it... something that allows my car to drive beyond 180km/h.

damn lost

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
contrary to the popular belief, you don't need all those gauges that add blingage to your car. if you really needed it, it would have come from the factory. If you invest money into proper mods, then it's just "set and forget". The reason why many ppl need many gauges is to monitor all their engine parameters which have not been set properly. If your car is properly setup, u don't have to worry abt watching your gauges. Don't even need a boost gauge. But do get yourself a turbo timer. It'll save u a lot of trouble and waiting time.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Since it is a new car, I would suggest u leave it as it is and drive stock until the warranty expires. Reason because if u mod the car, there goes the warranty. And this will allow u spend some quality time with the car to determine what upgrades u may need later. Save money and headache.

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
acbc...
no modification actually... all i need to know is i just wanna know if these gadgets will help to know what's wrong with my car and so i can take care of it... the last is someone comes and tell me that i need a hell lotta money to get it fix (i drove an alfa before, so, it's a nightmare). The warranty runs out like in 3 years. lol

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
yeah... removing the speed cut, fluffy.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
well,if u didnt touch the car,no mods or watsoever..dont worry.everything should be fine.quite unlikely something REAL bad would happen.

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
fluffy,
RSM = removing seed cut?

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
supposedly.....the RSM does remove the speed cut for most cars....

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
A turbo charged engine can get increase in hp quite easily, if thats what you're into..

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Well... I am not looking into increasing the hp as of yet... Now I just wanna know how and what I can do to take of the car better and understand it more... before I start considering my options...

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Basically it's the same maintainence as all other engines, just that it's better to let the turbo cool/spool down but thats been discussed ya? To get better understanding i suggest you read some treads in the Tech: forced induction section. Very informative..:)

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
and also should i install an afc and a boost meter?

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
The function of a boost meter is to read your current boost preasure. If you're not gonna up the boost, its not a nessesity. AFC, not if you want to keep it stock. Since it's a new car keep it stock till you're bored of it and want a little more, theres plenty to tap on when the time comes..:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The votes are in and it’s time to bid adieu to the high-revving V8’s on the Formula One grid by 2013 as the top dogs have voted in a new turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder design to replace the current crop of V8’s by 2013.

Furthermore, the number of cylinders and displacement isn’t the only thing being cut down, the maximum engine speed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience