does water injectors help in cooling?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i was wondering all this turbo and supercharge cars sure got temp problem during traffic jam rite? does spraying water on the intercoler help alot? if so roughly how much is it for a water injector kit ?

ant_tey

Known Member
May 17, 2005
Johor Bahru
scoupe said:
i was wondering all this turbo and supercharge cars sure got temp problem during traffic jam rite? does spraying water on the intercoler help alot? if so roughly how much is it for a water injector kit ?
Not external but internal YES n cos around 2K.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
temp problems during traffic jam will only be solved by installing bigger, faster fans.. and make sure infront, there's no obstacle for cool air to be sucked in by these fans... if u're running a crank driven fan.. make sure the fan clutch is alrite.. else change / service it... water injection system will give u a cooler intake temp.. but will not help u with 'overheating' problems... go to www.aquamist.co.uk.. check it out...

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
ya i've been thinking about "intercooler water spray" oso... hmmm mebbe can just d.i.y ....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I think there are 2 common tupes of water injection.

For combustion and intercooling.

Water injection into the combustion helps to cool down intake temp and increase power (H20 increases compression therefore precice regulation of the quantity of H20 is vital to prevent blown motors)

The use of Water injection into combustion was revolutionized by the German Luffwaffe during WW2 when German Engineers used water injection on ME-109 fighter planes.

Water injection onto the intercooler (which currently is a standard feature on EVOs and Scoobies) increases the intercooling efficiency by radiating the heat off the fins via water evaporation.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers, kindly help lookout for a friends car which got stolen this morning.

Type: Perdana V6
Color: Black
Rims: 17"Koeniseg
Other significant markings: Red brembo calipers
Reg No. WHY 8787

Car was stolen between 8am-10am at Villa Pavillion, Seri Kembangan. Car was parked outside but within guards visible range.

Car may be traveling to the east coast as it was sighted somewhere in Pahang but the person who saw it was not sure the registration number was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience