does the after market short shifter improve a lot?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
hahaha,..true..feels like the car is more 'sportier', macho?? hahahaa..the 1 second shave , well,m just playing, joking around....think most of us here can change gears under 1 second.... la la la...:hmmmm:

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if to say improvement 0-100kmh, i think maybe super mili-seconds improvement or none, haha. the main point is to let the driver feel more control over the car thats all. Just like bucket seat they dont give any horsepower to the car, BUT if the driver can drive in full confident, his cornering speed will be faster.
i will have to say bucket / sport seats do help in cornering and overall driver control of car. i seen many ppl driving almost lying down and they can't barely reach the steering wheel. bucket/sport seats will limit body movement during corners (u know ur (_|_) feels like moving in the opposite direction of ur turn). firm body will ensure firm control over steering wheel.

steel braided hoses are brake hose located near the brake calipers but it might be covered by the tyre. take out ur tyre and u can see it connecting to ur brake caliper. normal brands around are ProRS and Goodridge i think. either one will do.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

i think short shifter does not reduce the shifting time to be heavily noticed. what it does is as newbienissan said, it gives driver confidence and control over the car better. there's a feel good factor there too. it does reduce the throw of shifting and to most ppl that's a positive thing oredi. i would recommend it for iswara owners as iswara shifter throw is super far apart. wira shifters are quite comfortably close so there's no need to change it unless u have the extra cash and got nothing else to mod. lolz

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
short shifter advantage is to make you shift faster and shorter stroke and prevent gear slip hehe coz once you get used to shifting in short shifter you will tend to shift the gear more faster and accurate

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes yes. it takes time to get used to it to be able to shift fast. so for newly changed shortshifter guys/gals, don't expect swift shifting immediately. chances are u will change into wrong gear or get stuck. heheh

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
hahaha,of coz easy for us,..Biak automotive dolok..hahahahaha...
every gear change,save 1 second??? hehehehehe :P:biggrin:
i learn frm u ma:rofl: exp frm bike la bro :rofl:
bit hard to shift gear if low rpm n u only notice short movement of ur gear shifter but during high rpm u can feel ur gear shifting more fast n easy:driver:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
can anyone recommend me where to get a good short shifter for putra evo 3 :rolleyes:
last time i drive car with short shift feel dam effin good :biggrin:

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
juz check out some of the shops around sunway area if u r in klang valley. lotsa them carry these. for normal wira/iswara should be around 150-180 depending on shop but for evo3 not sure. might be same if u didn't change the shifter to evo3 too (not sure if u can bolt on evo3 gearbox to wira/putra original shifter or not). juz ask around. i know for sure N1 and Kakimotor carries them.

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
i am looking for a short shifter for my saga iswara. any particular brand out there? i need good quality.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
aftermarket also can be separated into branded, original, made locally but rebranded etc. otherwise, everyone can also claim theirs are aftermarket.
not really...

it depends....

its the original brands

or fake (imitation)

it doesn't matter overseas's made or locally made (local means factory was in malaysia lorrrr)

imagine if greddy have opened their factory here...thus the product was locally made...does it shows lack of quality?? or can be called fake? :biggrin:

and regarding about jasma's item....so far nobody cares to imitate/fake them simply because they already a cheap item with cheap quality to match.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers, kindly help lookout for a friends car which got stolen this morning.

Type: Perdana V6
Color: Black
Rims: 17"Koeniseg
Other significant markings: Red brembo calipers
Reg No. WHY 8787

Car was stolen between 8am-10am at Villa Pavillion, Seri Kembangan. Car was parked outside but within guards visible range.

Car may be traveling to the east coast as it was sighted somewhere in Pahang but the person who saw it was not sure the registration number was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience