does the after market short shifter improve a lot?

Che.Det

Known Member
Jul 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
does the after market short shifter improve a lot?

i mean for proton cars, the price is only around rm150,

does it improve ur shifting distance?

and if im not wrong its also have the aluminium type?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
more fun in shifting...feels more tight...fast,hrmmmm....ok la....

Che.Det

Known Member
Jul 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
herm, did u know about powezone shifter?

did u know what is the difference between powezone shifter and any unbranded shifter?
which 1 perform well?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
let me get this straight, since ive seen / experienced a "short shifter" dat is literally shorten the length of the shifter rod and not the travel of the shifter. a short shifter is supposed to shorten the length of time for u to shift gears, by shortening the throw or travel of the shifter rod. u get me? its not shortening the length of the rod, but the travel of the rod. shortening the rod means u need more force to apply the same torque required to shift the thing in a gear, and as i experienced it around last week, it wasnt helping at all. the shift isnt smooth and everything else gets in the way, because the rod now is shorter, ur elbow gets into everything ie the console, the can beverage, lol. the throw-in length to engage a gear isnt shorten at all imo, dis type of so called short shifter isnt my cuppa tea.

now, lets talk about the real deal. the proper short shifter doesnt seem short at all, they look like normal shifter jer, but the distance / travel to engage a gear is shorten. its so short dat u wud initially think u havent engage anything!!! ive experienced a good custom made and aftermarket shorties and comparing the price and quality, i prefer to perform dis modifcation at a mechanic named abang mael in cars and conversion pandan indah, top notch job

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
it depends on whether u r using a rod shifter linkage or cable shifter linkage sir, pm for detail

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Che.Det

Known Member
Jul 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
will u do it for me>???? gegegegwee

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

im using proton jerr

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
there u go sir, a simpler unit.. appalagappas, grab it teros. nice item papa:adore:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
there u go sir, a simpler unit.. appalagappas, grab it teros. nice item papa:adore:
the kit is for kancil only... since the seller used to race his kancil in MSS dulu2 la... so the kit is based on his experience of racing...

surely for a car as popular as a wira... there bound to be a good short-shifter kit for it :hmmmm:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the few dat ive seen papa, seem to cut the top half of the shifter and call it a short shifter, lol? it was very hard to engage in, definitely not my cuppa tea ler..

i think can be made for a wira kot, i took a look at the diagram, it changes the fulcrum point of the shifter rod jer kan? a very good solution imo

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
You got it right... at first I was sceptical, bought it just because its so simple to install + its soo cheap...

the few dat ive seen papa, seem to cut the top half of the shifter and call it a short shifter, lol? it was very hard to engage in, definitely not my cuppa tea ler..

i think can be made for a wira kot, i took a look at the diagram, it changes the fulcrum point of the shifter rod jer kan? a very good solution imo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

I own an Iswara with 4G13 Carburetor engine. I want add on a turbo into the car. Just for fun purposes. What do I need to add/change to the engine? I have read across lots of forums but there are many ideas which clashes with each other. I hope there is some sifus here who are willing to give me some tips on what I need.
Some people asked me to change an engine but I want to maintain the old engine.
Some parts can be used in fuel injection engines but not carburetor engines. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience