DIY Session : Car Battery Relocation

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by johnsonlam+Dec 2 2003, 10:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnsonlam @ Dec 2 2003, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-old_junkie@Dec 2 2003, 10:58 AM
thats the problem.... my car still wif my mech.. rewired the battery to rear... still using the normal battery... scared got smell... :)
Can try install air scope at the boot :) hahah (Joking)

ANyway, check your boot. My rear have air holes.. To flow out the hot air in the boot area (Old car Nissan Sunny). [/b][/quote]
hehehee... if front got scope can accept la.. but back put... hehehe... let mme laugh :lol: :lol:

got air holes??? let me go back and check... if got hole sure will masuk air wor...
my car also very old... :)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by b11boy@Dec 2 2003, 11:50 AM
true true.... but where to get it??? :blink:
b11boy,
easy to get only.. Our Stock one very week nia. Get from halfcut also can. Get new one also less than RM 150 nia. (For my case lah)

YOu can ask your wireman to wire when you transplant. Shoul dbe no extra charge kua.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by old_junkie+Dec 2 2003, 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (old_junkie @ Dec 2 2003, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Dec 2 2003, 10:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-old_junkie
@Dec 2 2003, 10:58 AM
thats the problem.... my car still wif my mech.. rewired the battery to rear... still using the normal battery... scared got smell...  :)

ANyway, check your boot. My rear have air holes.. To flow out the hot air in the boot area (Old car Nissan Sunny).
hehehee... if front got scope can accept la.. but back put... hehehe... let mme laugh :lol: :lol:

got air holes??? let me go back and check... if got hole sure will masuk air wor...
my car also very old... :) [/b][/quote]
My car is a Sunny..

IF you see at the tail light. Beside the Signal lamp you will see some air holes... Like shark :) It actually goes inside with a J curved pipe. Air can go out.. and water cannot come in :)

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by headache@Dec 2 2003, 11:24 AM
The longer the battery wires(resistance) are from the alternator/regulator, the higher the losses are - Ohms' law.
Look at the location of your existing battery and look for air pathways that it gets. It may not be necessary to relocate it for cooling purpose.
My 2 cents.
thanks for the advice...
didn't occur in my mind that it will increase resistance
i have chose to use thicker cables and a plastic tube type to protect the cable
i have no choice coz my aif filter was blocking the way.... *&^*^(&@(&@ the person who did my aif filter piping used the battery place oledi...

but accoding to my mech.. it is better to put it to rear coz engine bay got more place. the bad thing is that i can see the rear lose some place and not so nice anymore :)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by old_junkie+Dec 2 2003, 11:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (old_junkie @ Dec 2 2003, 11:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-headache@Dec 2 2003, 11:24 AM
The longer the battery wires(resistance) are from the alternator/regulator, the higher the losses are - Ohms' law.
Look at the location of your existing battery and look for air pathways that it gets. It may not be necessary to relocate it for cooling purpose.
My 2 cents.
thanks for the advice...
i have no choice coz my aif filter was blocking the way.... *&^*^(&@(&@ the person who did my aif filter piping used the battery place oledi...

but accoding to my mech.. it is better to put it to rear coz engine bay got more place. the bad thing is that i can see the rear lose some place and not so nice anymore :) [/b][/quote]
Not just that..
If you are a very very sensitive Drifter, precision driving fella. YOu will feel the weight difference.

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by johnsonlam+Dec 2 2003, 11:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnsonlam @ Dec 2 2003, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by old_junkie@Dec 2 2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Dec 2 2003, 10:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-old_junkie
@Dec 2 2003, 10:58 AM
thats the problem.... my car still wif my mech.. rewired the battery to rear... still using the normal battery... scared got smell...  :)

ANyway, check your boot. My rear have air holes.. To flow out the hot air in the boot area (Old car Nissan Sunny).

my car also very old... :)
My car is a Sunny..

IF you see at the tail light. Beside the Signal lamp you will see some air holes... Like shark :) It actually goes inside with a J curved pipe. Air can go out.. and water cannot come in :) [/b][/quote]
ic.. i dun think mine have the air vent there... but i'll check out later...
i am driving a lanjiao(in hokkien) = bluebird car

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
dudes,

i've already relocated the batt (regular acid) to behind my passenger seat for almost.. a year now. things to look out for is the acidic water that evaporates out. Do clean it often, with a wet cloth.

People in the racing/mod industry would prefer to use WELDING cables, Amp ratings from 150Amp to 300Amp. Orange color, about RM2 per feet. For lugs use pure copper or the copper and zinc plated one. about RM1 per pc.
Where to get? from your hardware store(s) opposite State Police Headquarters.

btw,
in racing, such as Japan GT, almost all the cars have air scoops at the rear for cooling stuff like the rear differential oil coolers, pump and scavenger cooling.. etc etc...

cheers,
Stanley/ninja

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by johnsonlam+Dec 2 2003, 11:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnsonlam @ Dec 2 2003, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by old_junkie@Dec 2 2003, 11:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-headache
@Dec 2 2003, 11:24 AM
My 2 cents.

thanks for the advice...

but accoding to my mech.. it is better to put it to rear coz engine bay got more place. the bad thing is that i can see the rear lose some place and not so nice anymore :)
Not just that..
If you are a very very sensitive Drifter, precision driving fella. YOu will feel the weight difference. [/b][/quote]
:lol: hahha. i am not dat sensitive.. i just drive the car onli :lol:

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Dec 2 2003, 12:13 PM

People in the racing/mod industry would prefer to use WELDING cables, Amp ratings from 150Amp to 300Amp. Orange color, about RM2 per feet. For lugs use pure copper or the copper and zinc plated one. about RM1 per pc.
Where to get? from your hardware store(s) opposite State Police Headquarters.

when u say this.... it reminds me of my fren who has relocated his battery to the rear... he is using orange color cable which i think it ugly :lol: ..i dun know it is far much better than the black cable... :lol:

i chose black color cable over the orange and red because i know it will not get dirty easily and not so obvious

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Well. the colour of the cable is not any issue because it will be concealed under carpet anyway. But the Thickness and the Ampere that it can withstand is really important.

You don't want it to melt and burn.. It will cost you YOUR CAR !...

Remember to buy Fire Extinguisher too.. RM 38 only..

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Dec 2 2003, 04:06 PM
Well. the colour of the cable is not any issue because it will be concealed under carpet anyway. But the Thickness and the Ampere that it can withstand is really important.

You don't want it to melt and burn.. It will cost you YOUR CAR !...

Remember to buy Fire Extinguisher too.. RM 38 only..
actually i am not sure wat is the amp and the wattage coz the wireman did for me... what i can see is that it is really thick.... thicker than my original battert cable which is quite worn after so many years of usage

where to get the $38 fire extingusher?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
RM 38 Fire Extinguisher.. @ Brothers..
The last time I saw.. RM 33 only..

Got in Metalic Blue, Red and Silver can..
Size of Insecticide Spray Can.

old_junkie

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Dec 2 2003, 05:13 PM
RM 38 Fire Extinguisher.. @ Brothers..
The last time I saw.. RM 33 only..

Got in Metalic Blue, Red and Silver can..
Size of Insecticide Spray Can.
if it is dat cheap.. can get one.. hehhehe :lol:
for decoration also quite chun :)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL

Yeah.. I thought of getting 2 at first..
One RED one (Match my car colour) I want to Mount at my B pillar on the Co-Driver seat.. Looks really cool.. and one Blue one.. with NOS sticker.. Mount in the Boot area.

Since I DIY so much.. Takut Car catch FIRE... BUT My friend advise me not to do so, as it might explode...

Dunno lah

3R1C

'(00) Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2003
Kelate/Penang
3R1C-MY.Blogspot.com
wah...modified macam NOS?
haha...well...it's good to have one in da car ler...
em...keep in in da trunk...won't explode so easily....
i have one in my car and all da cars in my house also have one each...
prepare for the worst bro~ :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am driving a automatic Suzuki SX4 1.6 vvt.

My car should have the same block as a Swift sports 1.6 using the m16a engine..

But the compression ratio of these 2 cars are different.. Swift sports has a wilder compression rate as the pistons and cams are of a higher quality..

Must i really change the cams/springs/pistons etc.. to get a higher lift?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience