DIY Myvi: Servicing Master Brake Pump

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fortunately I don't see or feel any wear or uneven surface on the inner cylinder. Been using it for two weeks, still ok.

Yeap, guess my other mistake was that I did not bleed to master pump which is possibly the cause for the spongy brakes after the first bleeding.

Instead of a tube (cause i could not find one readily available in my house), I used a newspaper and a bucket.

Slightly messy but still workable. But my spanner was soaked in brake fluid. Had to wash them after use.
If can get the clear tube (like the fish aquarium oxygen tube) can see the fluid coming out and whether still got bubbles or not and can use container/bottle to contain the used fluid....

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
that was my initial plan as well but could not find the aquarium tube (you are talking bout the smaller tube rite, the one they use to connect to the air pump wan) in my house. My brother moved out long ago along with his fishes, so those are not readily available and I malas to go out and buy that time.

but after this experience, I think i will do just that when I bleed my Putra soon.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that was my initial plan as well but could not find the aquarium tube (you are talking bout the smaller tube rite, the one they use to connect to the air pump wan) in my house. My brother moved out long ago along with his fishes, so those are not readily available and I malas to go out and buy that time.

but after this experience, I think i will do just that when I bleed my Putra soon.
So, if your brother around, you take from his aquarium, later put back all the fishes swim upside down....hahahahaha:rofl: joking only....:biggrin:

Wah! brother thought you were detailing sifu, but DIY also.....:adore:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
haha, he will kill me if i killed his fish. I accidentally killed his first fish when i was younger and he cried for a few days.

I was into DIY before I got into detailing. Did a lot of crazy stuff back in college years. From spray painting my own car, bumper repair, soundproofing, interior wrapping to heck a lot of stuff. Plenty of tools at home and I can tell you an air-compressor comes pretty handy for more things albeit a bit annoying to set it up.

I cheapskate, everything do ownself to save a few bucks. That's how I got into detailing.

Main thing about DIY stuffs is to do ample research before jumping into the band wagon.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha, he will kill me if i killed his fish. I accidentally killed his first fish when i was younger and he cried for a few days.

I was into DIY before I got into detailing. Did a lot of crazy stuff back in college years. From spray painting my own car, bumper repair, soundproofing, interior wrapping to heck a lot of stuff. Plenty of tools at home and I can tell you an air-compressor comes pretty handy for more things albeit a bit annoying to set it up.

I cheapskate, everything do ownself to save a few bucks. That's how I got into detailing.

Main thing about DIY stuffs is to do ample research before jumping into the band wagon.
I am into DIY also, but up to certain extent only. I prefer to DIY mod, meaning replace certain items with other materials, because sometimes the original don't last. For example the 1st Gen. Honda the door have this door closing problem. At the latch on the door where it hits the bar to close there is a rubber pc. which easily gets broken, thereafter the door very difficult to close unless slam very hard. I mod with tyre rubber cut down to size and lasted until car is sold...:biggrin:

Better back to the Myvi pump, as we gone OT again....but at least still on DIY...:driver:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I did not do a research on how much the master brake pump would cost. Nor was I able to do a durability check as most people in Malaysia opt for either a new replacement or chop shop replacement. Perhaps.... me2kimi whom has done this exact same DIY a year ago can shed some light on the durability. His myvi would have ran a year since his replacement.
So far so good. No problem with the part from the spare part shop