[DIY] Brake master pump repair kit replacement

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi to all of ZTH'ers.

In this thread I gonna show I've replace brake master pump with the repair kit.
I've perform this operation on my wife myvi 1.3 AT with ABS.
The symptom is the brake pedal will go straight away to floor when press the pedal while driving. Everytime has to pump it 2-3 times until can feel the brake operate.

Tools needed
1- C clip plier
2- 12 mm spanner
3- 10 mm spanner
4- 8 mm spnanner
5- tubing
6- bottle
7- 10 mm open end hexagon spanner

1- Contain of repair kit

2- First thing to do is to drain brake fluid from the container. Then I can proceed to next step remove te master pump.

3- Before I can remove master pump, I have to remove steering fluid container so that I can have wider workspace.

4- Then by using this tool (this tool is a must), else I will rounded the brake hose nut. There is 2 nut to be remove. Better to put a cloth underneath it becoz there will be brake fluid dripping.

5- Remove 2 nut that hold the master pump at servo body. Then I can took out the master pump assy.

6- When I got master pumpin my hand, firstly I have to remove C clip by using C clip plier. Atfer that I can remove 2 oil seal that hold by the C clip. Sorry forgot to take picture for this step.

7- Inside the master pump, it consist 2 pistons, 2 springs and a pin. Will show the pim later. I can remove 1st piston easily after remove the oil seal and I can see 2nd piston inside but can remove it. Why? coz it hold by a pin.

8- So I've to remove container to get the pin out. I use a nail and hammered at pin that hold the container.

9- Now I can see the pin that hold 2nd piston. I push in 2nd piston and tap master pump body in my hand to get the pin out.

10- With 2nd piston already outside, now I got the answer. Oil seal for the piston already tear.

11- Replace all the items that comes with repair kit and put it back in reverse order.

12- After installation finished, I have to bleed the brake fluid. Bro IZSO already post how to bleed brake fluid. I also build my own tool to bleed brake fluid as picture below. I just put a check valve in the middle of the tube so that I can perform brake fluid bleeding by myself.

Please comment.

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
hey there bro,good diy.
btw i have the same problem with urs..the brake will go straight to the floor and i have pump it 2-4 times..i have change the master pump,but still same problem..how?
how bout urs after this diy?still got problem?

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, where you get the check valve? Also how do you bleed the brakes by yourself with this tool? Show us. Do you open the bleed valve, connect your tool and just pump the brakes? Would air go in through the open bleed valve? Thanks for the DIY.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
walau...good note to follow DIY...
but make sure no every one able to do it...need some experinece in auto...unlessu cant do it..
nanti brek tak makan...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
hey there bro,good diy.
btw i have the same problem with urs..the brake will go straight to the floor and i have pump it 2-4 times..i have change the master pump,but still same problem..how?
how bout urs after this diy?still got problem?
Thanks bro, is the cylinder wall is still ok? If the cylinder wall already 'calar' then then repair kit will not the solution. Mine also got 'calar' but not to serious and so far so good. Problem solve already.

Bro, where you get the check valve? Also how do you bleed the brakes by yourself with this tool? Show us. Do you open the bleed valve, connect your tool and just pump the brakes? Would air go in through the open bleed valve? Thanks for the DIY.
I 'selongkar' spare part box at my office then I found one check valve. Connect the tube into bleed nipple and pump the brake. By using the check valve, brake fluid only flow in one direction. When I release the brake pedal, brake fluid will not suck back into bleed nipple.

walau...good note to follow DIY...
but make sure no every one able to do it...need some experinece in auto...unlessu cant do it..
nanti brek tak makan...
Thanks bro. Yes, not every one able to do it. That's why I wrote it how I performed it, not teach how to do it.
BTW, you can follow this step if want to perform one man.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

You also can follow how did this guy did. Put oil in the bottle and make sure the tube is soak int the oil. I think this concept is same as using check valve

DIY Bleed brakes - 1 person - YouTube

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
how to check the cylinder wall?need to perform diy like urs?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
When the foreman dismantle the master pump, suppose he can saw the cylinder wall. But from an experience of my friend, first he changed the repair kit then still not solved. Saw it by myself.
After that he changed brand new master pump. It's good for a few month. Then he changed the servo, until now got no problem. His car is Toyota SEG.
IMHO, I will start with cheapest solution first. Repair kit cost me RM60 while master pump almost RM300.
If after change repair kit also not solve the problem, I would buy brand new master pump also. Hope this will help.

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
another master in DIY dept :congrats:...later u can open a DIY class..I'm sure lot of forummer would like to participate

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
It's my training before I be a fulltime foreman. hahaha

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I think most of spare part shop will have

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, just to share my experience wt you all n hope this will not happen to all da laptop owner out there.

After late night work last Thursday, I decided to 'tapau' sumthing to eat in D'sara Jaya before I go home. Well I parked right in front of Atria, T junction with many cars & passer by. So I tot it will b safe to leave my laptop inside my car bonnet for few minutes.

Well, after 'tapau', everything as usual, drove back home and then only found out my laptop is no longer in my car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience