Difference Between an Auto & Manual Rx7

XaMaX

1,000 RPM
Would really like to find out.

Most of the Fd's i foun din the market are manual trans....

Only found 1 in Auto trans.

So, despite the trans, are both having the same usual problems? same maintenance? what can be done & dont;s.????

Basically it is the same. But I reckon auto transamission need extra tender loving care.
XaMaX said:
Would really like to find out.

Most of the Fd's i foun din the market are manual trans....

Only found 1 in Auto trans.

So, despite the trans, are both having the same usual problems? same maintenance? what can be done & dont;s.????

Ok...its all about the Auto tranny....extra care huh...

BTW....both gives the same results? as in power n fuel consumptions?

manual !

personally i prefer manual cuz faster n if u put a wastegate-bov u can have the timing wheneva u want 2 pshhhh u know wat im saying...

aravind said:
personally i prefer manual cuz faster n if u put a wastegate-bov u can have the timing wheneva u want 2 pshhhh u know wat im saying...

why cant you do that with an auto tranny ..? it just involves the throttle .. :driver:

aravind said:

:retarded: :shocked: :shcokedcamo: :emoticon_U:

lol funny question but hey ill try to answer that dude

Auto transmission featured in the FD3S RX-7 that you are most probably talking about.

It is a electronically-controled,4-speed automatic transmission that has well..like a normal auto gearbox would function as it doesnt possess semi automatic capabilities
( well like those Tiptronic in the Rx-8,or the SMG in the BMW,and also Selespeed in the Alfa just to name a few)

So therefore,the conclusion is very simple..you can select your own preference of gearing while driving ^^

Most advanced drivers (im sure most of the FD users who hang here who are pro's) will drive their car economically most of the time.What i meant by this statement is what i would call Torque driving where you shift the gear at the moment where the engine generates the highest torque power.This will conserve fuel which is a gift from god as the rotary engine thinks the owner own Shell or Mobil ..hahahaha

Auto transmission also,compared to the Manual ones,uses a Torque Convertor which acts like a clutch for the gearbox.This thing is very complicated and i dont know how it works really..but i can tell you that it is using at list 4hp to run it
(pro's correct me if im wrong)

So there's always power loss when you opt for automatic transmission.Oh ya,not to mention you're car will be lighter with a manual transmission specs,because you just need a clutch rather then the bulky torque convertor.
You can also get faster time driving a manual FD because it has faster response then an auto equipped car.If you are a very accomplish driver then you can try to do the launch start technique where you rev the car to a certain rpm and dump the clutch smartly ..

(anyone can teach me that? hahahaha)

I think this brief explanation will answer most of your question dude..if not all..hahaha

the auto is lovely provided you keep it stock. do other reliability mods like ast,grounding etc.

Well..the Auto tranny version is kinda good....how shud i say it...

else than the auto gear shaft...i dont see nay other difference...well..

it do comes with a auto-cruise control....

nice..auto cruise ^^
go for auto then,its very delightful to drive ^^

well difference are minimal to say the least lah,but test it in real racing condition baru boleh tau abang boleh tau watt

this particular car i see...is 95% stock..not even a boost meter...wkakakaak

only changed the rims n absorber to adjustables...

well..the pickup feels good....havent tried to reach the top speed....well...the owners is there....

overall the ride is superb....

what else shud i be noticing?

hmm,should ask 13btt,phat7 ka..Lennon ka..
ill try ask my mechanics and friends.

i guess the other thing you should notice is the simple things like if the car has been involved in a crash before

(i saw this fella,brought a measuring tape and measured the wheel clearance of the car *from the tire to the body* to see any inconsistency on both sides.i asked him why did he do that,he said some major accidents will effect the chassis and wont be remedied even by the best restoration,any opinion on this?)

abang XamaX,i think u should try and look on the underbody..mana tau the car exhausts and the piping berkarat ka berlubang ka..the car surely lowered even more and surely have some hostile shove on bumps..
*personal experience with a 110kg dad on board*

eh got some jerkiness in anyway? happens in heavy acceleration or when the car oil temp is hot..

well..according to the owner..

No mods have been done..all stock..(engine area) even the filter is original..

No overheating problems..
no major repairs done before...as its a weekend car...(too many cars to drive)

@#$%...i forgot to see below the car...how to see lar...the car so low
the drive is smooth...no jerk...smooth n steady..

hmm..according to him..the hieght is adjusted to have a good clearence on all major bumps around kalng valley...wakakaka....(dunno cos the road test drived no bump)

my best advise i can give you is try contact some pro's in the RE forum here to follow you.ask 13btt or phat7 or anyone want to follow who owns a FD.Im not good enough to follow you ..hahaha

lol all the major bump in klang valley..heheh betul ke ni,if like that high ledi worh..
do what i suggest next time k abang,use the measurement tape,i think it works.

no need see bang,try to start the car,see any different sound from the underneath of the car... usually can hear different noise or u feel more heat then usual from the underneath of the car

Diablo....why u always call me abang....i'm not that old yet...wkakakakka

hmmm..will try it when i review the car again...

hahahha ok lah,takdahal
i use that to show respect only.do that k?
see lah if anything unusual..you know lah how good a car is also..its allready quite old so MESTI got something wrong with it.

if really serious buying then bring puspakom haha

fd is a fun car not a great car ...
it lacks everything but still looks cool ...
Autos for "pussys" and "manuals" for ...

MACHO MACHO MAN!!! I WANNA BE A MACHO MAN !!!!

heheheheh!!!!

p/s: whens the next meeting guys ...

Last edited: