Difference between TEIN SS & TEIN FLEX

nightwatchman

Dec 21, 2008
hi sifu's

What are the different between these two adjustable? beside the price..:confused:
I'm planning to change my stock absorber. TEIN are my first choice.

I need info from driver familiar with ant of these adjustable absorber.

thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
re: Difference between TEIN SS & TEIN FLEX

TEIN FLEX = better handling & more comfortable compared to TEIN Super Street. However SS ain't that bad.... Why not op for Monoflex instead?! It all depends on how you drive. Is it for track usage, street?! You must explain what are you looking for in the coil overs, comfort, handling , etc. Advise you to visit their website for further clarification. TEIN USA Home - The Official TEIN Site - Coilovers, Lowering Springs, Performance Suspension parts, and more

nightwatchman

Dec 21, 2008

just for street use.. improve handling & comfortable, not to hard like most of the adjustable. I had some input on TEIN SS, people said the handling was good, lower the car, lower center gravity, better handling, but loss of comfort.

some friends recommend TEIN FLEX, if I want both handling & comfort.

I did check TEIN USA Home - The Official TEIN Site - Coilovers, Lowering Springs, Performance Suspension parts, and more for info, there are only a description about the model. I need some review. The monoflex seems like too advance for me.

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006

Had the experience using both - Tein SS = Comfort, almost like stock, but definitely improves your handling,lowered etc.

Tein Flex - Much more stiffer, the bottom half adjustable (short stroke etc), handling definitely better than SS. Personally, Tein Flex, is my 'weapon' of choice. Currently using one =)

nightwatchman

Dec 21, 2008

Had the experience using both - Tein SS = Comfort, almost like stock, but definitely improves your handling,lowered etc.

Tein Flex - Much more stiffer, the bottom half adjustable (short stroke etc), handling definitely better than SS. Personally, Tein Flex, is my 'weapon' of choice. Currently using one =)
do you mean with Tein Flex, comfortable less than SS? since it stiffer. if SS offer comfortness like stock, and better handling, then SS is good enough for me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ

if its more comfortable, it wont be stiffer. it'll give a bumpier ride. i personally used tein SS and i removed it right after a round of testing. why? its too soft for my application. i wanted something hard and stiff that will make my bones vibrate when i go over yellow lines. if u want something sporty, without the sacrifice of comfort and with the option to go lower/higher, and green in color - tein SS is for u. afaik, flex is more "sports" oriented.

nanG

Oct 27, 2010
Kota Bharu

currenty using tein ss on my dc5.

comfortable and very suitable for malaysia road condition.lubang sane lubang sini..

i think the price is lower than tein flex.

vrrom!!:driver:

nightwatchman

Dec 21, 2008

currenty using tein ss on my dc5.

comfortable and very suitable for malaysia road condition.lubang sane lubang sini..

i think the price is lower than tein flex.

vrrom!!:driver:
yes.. ss price defiinitly lower then flex, lat time I check SS=RM 4100+-, Flex=RM 7000+-..

so its not true what people say, "when u change to adjustable, forget the comfort.."

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ

it depends on the spring and damper rate. Tein SS = 6kg front 3kg rear for honda civic EK, so its soft as taufu if u ask me. my current ones are 10kg front 8kg rear and that gives me minor tremors.

i tried adjusting the damper the hardest/max on the tein SS, cannot make it. removed it right after.

nightwatchman

Dec 21, 2008

it depends on the spring and damper rate. Tein SS = 6kg front 3kg rear for honda civic EK, so its soft as taufu if u ask me. my current ones are 10kg front 8kg rear and that gives me minor tremors.

i tried adjusting the damper the hardest/max on the tein SS, cannot make it. removed it right after.
do you mean the hardest on SS still soft for you?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Had the chance to use both Tein Type Flex and SuperStreet although in separate cars (Flex in RPS13, SuperStreet in BNR32).

Bought the Type Flex new with pillowballs. The SuperStreet was already in when I bought the car.

Type Flex is stiffer, offers more stability and at the hardest setting was a wee bit less comfortable (though the old HKS Hiper-D that I had before this was much harsher).

SuperStreet is good enough for street and daily driving, also stable enough for wangan runs though it does feel less stiff than Type Flex (though this is very subjective as I only used my butt-o-meter to gauge suspension stiffness.. :biggrin:).

SuperStreet should be cheaper and fits the bill quite well for street driven car IMHO..

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
yeah...... me too agree that tein SS would be one of the softer high end adjustables.... main diff would be that its not mono tube, thus giving it the comfort due to longer stroke, but not designed for track focused application or when lap times matters........

if daily driving, long distance driving, carrying the family to places but still wants something better than OEM (more on harder damper and adjustability) then SS will do,.... if u really worried about comfort, better not change the OEM ones cos thats the best..... there is always give and take..... comparable to tein SS i would recommend TITAN.....made in malaysia but may be customised according to your liking........

other than that, all performance oriented..... bear in mind harsh handling on uneven roads, rattling sounds (from the glove box, coin box,etc, heheheh), your badan also feel a bit jittery over long distance driving are all symtoms of a high end high performance adjustables.... but all worth it when you whack the car in n out of bends (given enough experience, sanity n skills), zigzagging between lanes, robust feel under hard braking and acceleration or combined, or any performance driving sessions....:driver:

i rest my case.....hope this helps u n others

FYI now im on tein SS:listen:.....(experienced with adj brands such as tein mono, tein flex, cusco, ohlins and hks hipermax)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any chances vtec eng. go into saga. i heard vtec eng. can fit in ... is it true ..? :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience