Coolant for gear box?

littlebeetle

Known Member
Dec 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Is this necessary to be install to cool down the gearbox especially travelling long haul.
I came to heard that this could help to prevent the gearbox from overheat.

Would like to seek for some advice.

Thanks.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
u mean oil cooler? its better to have one since it keeps the temp down, good way to prolong your engine life..
what car btw?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
if u already have one, i guess its enough.. unless u stress out the transmission like travelling with a heavy load and/or constant high speed..
one of the reason to have a tranny oil cooler is to avoid the ATF to get too hot and cause problems later but its ok since u already have one..

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
NO . For better performance , INSTALL Large Cooler for Transmission. Or else transmission too hot and Burn the Clutch plate inside

What size cooler ? i got few suggestion ..

1. ALUMINIUM Radiator Size . DAMN Cool for Auto tranny .
ps : Dont Share with engine radiator . You install NEW set of alu radiator for gearbox ..

2. Install a Cooling Coil On / Side of cooler .
use back Stock car Air Cond Cooling Coil . so that cooler will Cold like Ice ~~

Guarantee ur tranny will hav BESt Pickup .. Topspeed ..and Matspeed .. GUARANTEED ..

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i fix 2 cooler in front of radiator...does this mean i have to install 2 fan in front? or just use the cussent 2 fan behind radiator?

cause after driving a while, when touch the cooler,walauwei damn hot takut too hot only...

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No need fix fan laa. This is not radiator. When the car moves, rushing air will cool it down.
but i fix 2 cooler infront of radiator...got no space for fan liow lar...
currently got the main fan direct..then another fan moves when aircond on...
how about 2 fan direct? any idea? but takut if fan kong then hai lat lah me...

just bought 2 auto gauge meter ( water and oil temp to monitor)
DIY myself....:biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
but i fix 2 cooler infront of radiator...got no space for fan liow lar...
currently got the main fan direct..then another fan moves when aircond on...
how about 2 fan direct? any idea? but takut if fan kong then hai lat lah me...

just bought 2 auto gauge meter ( water and oil temp to monitor)
DIY myself....:biggrin:
oil cooler is far hotter compare to radiator... dont fix them too close together or else heat from ur oil cooler will be transfered to ur radiator... same reason why people dont fix radiator and intercooler so close together...

if u worry, go PC shop buy 4.5" casing fan fix on it lo...

can the ATF cooler used for MTF cooler as well?
no need laa... buy boron nitrate kasi spray ur whole gearbox with it can liao.... it can help dissipate heat miaa...

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i did use the computer fan for my CAI...cause the voltage is 12v same as car..but problem its not powerful enough..the powerful ones are not 12v so not compatible..
i saw there are big fans for laptop cooler but donno power or not..

if direct 2 fan cannot meh?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i did use the computer fan for my CAI...cause the voltage is 12v same as car..but problem its not powerful enough..the powerful ones are not 12v so not compatible..
i saw there are big fans for laptop cooler but donno power or not..

if direct 2 fan cannot meh?
dont use computer fan for cai... coz at mid-high rpm, the amount of air flowing into ur intake is alot more compare to the airflow of ur computer fan... in the end, u will get a restrictive air flow at high rpm due to the fan blocking the intake path...

as for ATF cooler installing fan is different story... coz u are installing the fan at the back of ur cooler... when ur car is stationary, there is no airflow to the cooler... hence u have a fan sucking air through the cooler, cooling it down... when ur car starts to move, rushing air will take over the job, eliminating the use of ur PC fan...

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
just fix the pc fan behind the cooler.. total of 4 fans..but then now i have over heating problem.

i fix back the direct fan to normal that means to follow the fan switch..
but when start car, when heat up the fan didn't switch on...checked all the fius and possible wiring couldn't find.. if the fan late to switch on what could cause the problem?

termostat can control fan?
or the fan switch need to change?which i change before..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just fix the pc fan behind the cooler.. total of 4 fans..but then now i have over heating problem.

i fix back the direct fan to normal that means to follow the fan switch..
but when start car, when heat up the fan didn't switch on...checked all the fius and possible wiring couldn't find.. if the fan late to switch on what could cause the problem?

termostat can control fan?
or the fan switch need to change?which i change before..

check your thermostat...

that was the fan controller switch related to temperature :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi members ,
i am looking for a custom aluminum radiator work to be carried out for my BMW E36 with 1JZ Auto convert.
seeking advise for workshop that would be able to carry out such mod preferably at Johor Bahru area .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience