cool your Airbox?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
how come so many people can come up with such brilliant idea ar??... can even save money on expensive air filters... coz cabina air will be clean ma...
let them try lo... perhaps might works leh (if the guy dont need to breathe)....

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
just one problem i never seem to get out of my head larrr

i have thought of this idea some time back already but never did
started on the project due to few reasons

here are my reasoning:

1) by the time the cold air from the cabin travel to your filter, it would be
"not that" cold anymore
2) i also dun see the purpose of using more power to generate power

reasoning 2 will be explained here

in order for the suction of cold air, air cond needs to be on
and have to put it slightly colder than usual = more power is used to generate
those "cool" air, and what you gain from that is slightly less heavy feeling on the pedals

but since more power is taken, then you still need to press more to accelerate

so it just goes round and round without any much benefits

anyway, here is my original plan
since i am driving a wira
so i have an air-cond output below my feet

i was gonna attach a hose to the output and then insulate the hose with insulflex to prevent 'reasoning 1'
then i will have the option of either to sent cold air into the filter box or not
just a average sized hose will be attached to the filter box as i DO want to breathe also wan marrr

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
huh?? again??

this is the third time u ppl discussing about taking cool air from de aircon inside de car...

DO NOT DO THAT!!! do u know how much air de engine sucks?? within minutes.. the air inside de car will be vacuum... n u will die of insufficient of air...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
yo khguan, how are you guys doing? I have been out of the scenes for a while and i thought this was the same topic as the last time.

Yes Indeed... Its like putting a vacumn cleaner right infront of your mouth and nose and try to breath from there.... then that is how you will exactly feel when driving with Air InTake in the cabin.

If you are in dire straight for cold air, you can alwaus try the snorkel la like those 4x4 hehehe:)

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
why waste the power of the engine to create cold air andthen use the cold air to power the engine again????

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
howiechoo said:
why waste the power of the engine to create cold air andthen use the cold air to power the engine again????
yah yah... better still switch off the air-cond to get more horsepower out of it... :biggrin:

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
huakenny said:
put CAI at front bumper and suck outisde cair is cooler oledi lo....

if wan coold...pasang air con directly to the TB....LOLx
yeah..CAI from front is enuf oledi...

but i hv an idea here that u should try... build an airbox connecting to the CAI and wrap it with aluminium (if u can build using aluminium itself is better)... while connect a hose just from aircond hose beside ur feet and directing to ur new airbox... this way ur engine will still using outside air from ur CAI... aircond air is just to keep inside ur airbox cool, not being sucked by the air filter rite... wut say u????

anyone dare to try DIY???? :biggrin:

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
huh??... u mean u use aircond to cool ur airbox only??... hmm... vr interesting...
but how to get from engine bay to cabin place??.. need to drill firewall ar??...

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
SkYwAlKeR said:
huh??... u mean u use aircond to cool ur airbox only??... hmm... vr interesting...
but how to get from engine bay to cabin place??.. need to drill firewall ar??...
hmm... my friend said that the firewall got lubang2 (not big lubang la).. can use small hoses (more than 1) thru it to enter the engine bay & connect to the box. me oso not sure one... but can ask sumone here that were planning to DIY aircond air for the the air filter (sure the cabin will be vacum space in a minute coz being sucked by the engine). my idea is just to cool the aluminium airbox so that air inside the airbox will be cold enuf.

if i got the material & tools needed, sure i'll DIY.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
that lubang vr small only wo... usually for wiring to go through... the hose can??.. means need to pump the air from cabin to cool ur airbox??... aiseh... mahfan nyaaa...

ur airbox wrap with some heat resistance material or make fins lo... add cpu fan on top sure cool... kekeke... no need drill the firewall...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is that recommended to enlarge piping after port and polish? or i just stick back to stock piping? heard makin piping for power is just a myth only except for upgrading turbos....
Please share...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience