can use normal/radiator hose for intercooler piping?

QMA6188

Apr 13, 2009
was wondering whether can use hose like the radiator hose for intercooler piping? curious*

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
the answer is yes if you are in a really tight budget .. i have help a friend before ... but you would still have to buy straight steel pipes for the piping ... or heavy duty PVC pipes those that can withstand abit of pressure and heat ...

do remember to use radiator hoses with threads ... my advise use lori's or trucks radiator hos ... can buy or just ask around if a truck workshop have any leftovers ... 60/90/120 deg. bends ...
for the blow off part ... just buy a T hose ... also available at spareparts shop or buy a decent samco T ...

gud luck ... :wavey:

my friend was boosting at 1.5 with no problem until he did a proper s.steel piping because tak tahan kena bahan ... :rofl: but then again he was using it for almost a year ... main problem was hos tercabut due to low quality hose clips ... :driver:

but it doesnt matter ... Long live Motorsports ... :driver:

QMA6188

Apr 13, 2009
thanks for the information. btw, as u mentioned, need to buy straight steel pipes, for what piping? intercooler or what?
if i get those hose without thread? is that ok? because really tight my budget. haha. and btw, i've no idea how a T-hose look like? any pictures to show?
and at last, around hw much the piping cost? everything. for wira. tq v much

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
mind letting me know wht car u r using, wht engine, and y do u need to change the stock hoses , BOT ? hmm

QMA6188

Apr 13, 2009
currently using 4g92 non-mivec, single cam. yeap. plan to BOT. BOT before..boost around 0.4 bar. after that take out, now wan mod again. change bigger turbo. but budget very tight. haha. plan to use hose. haha.

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
thanks for the information. btw, as u mentioned, need to buy straight steel pipes, for what piping? intercooler or what?
if i get those hose without thread? is that ok? because really tight my budget. haha. and btw, i've no idea how a T-hose look like? any pictures to show?
and at last, around hw much the piping cost? everything. for wira. tq v much
straight pipes are for the long straight piping ... just use steel pipes instead of hoses ... use hoses only for bends ...

the hoses without threads will burst ... just to avoid theese things just buy once with thread ... i would say that all radiator hoses have threads in them ...

T is somthing that looks like this ...

well do a measure up first ... calculate every inch needed for the piping ... last time it didnt even exceed RM200 for a GSR changing to a VR4 intercooler ...

but then again there alot of workshop offering good prices with quality work ...
i do my pipings at my workshop in Gombak ... For wira's and satria's the s.steel piping will be around RM700 which i consider to be dirt cheap compared to the worksmanship ...

here are some pis ...

QMA6188

Apr 13, 2009
thanks for the comment SYeNi69, nice intercooler piping pics. i think i'm going for hose. limited budget, limited time. haha. but thanks alot for the information.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
aiseh, y don't u wait a little longer, atleast till ur budget enough..later when u were boosting and enjoying ur G, suddenly those hoses stop ur fun by popping out..

QMA6188

Apr 13, 2009
can't wait already le. haha. but hose can tahan le. those with thread. my friend's using hose and still running well for years.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hungarian Nino Karotta, with his tongue twisting antics, have penned up one of his ultimate dream ideas, to make a monster drift machine out of totally oxidized metal. He uses an old, run down 260Z S30 2 seater, named Aardvark and he shoehorns an awesome 350Z engine into it and runs on S13 200SX's undercarriage components. His engineering feat is amazing. I'm sure all of us can't wait to see this old...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience