Come Guess One Thing SG has Way More Than Malaysia.....

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Most houses there don;t have a parking spot, so you then have to apply at the local authorities office. If you're near Tokyo, that would be around RM300-400 per month for parking.

Most would just use trains and subways to work and rightly so. They have one of the best, if not the best, public transportation system in the world. You can get everywhere, and I mean everywhere in Japan, just by using the public transport. Seriously, comparing to the ones in Malaysia makes you want to cry leh..

Interesting info, if you're late to work due to a delay at the train station, they would give out a "Delay Letter" for you to give to your employer as a show cause letter as to why you are late.
not actually 'everywhere'...some area not covered by train..especially rural area...
1 good thing are, you can walk/run/jog quite a distance there...not so 'penat' and 'berpeluh' like in Malaysia..its our climate...

I won't be surprised if the distance of their working place is as far as Ipoh to KL. But since their trains are that fast, distance is not much of a problem.

I've got no problem if I need to learn Japanese. Looking forward to learn it someday. Besides, I watch anime quite often, so I can roughly understand a some of their language already.
but, their bullet train are very very expensive..like taking a plane..
most people travel as far as that are already executive level...no operator level doing that..

there is no lepak2 there...everyones one the move...see them in the train station, no one, not even one, play handphone/smoke lama2/sembang2....they smokes and go...take a train, they sleep..
if u want lepak2, wait night time...mabuk with friends..
and no samsung...i cant find charger for samsung there..lol..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
not actually 'everywhere'...some area not covered by train..especially rural area...
1 good thing are, you can walk/run/jog quite a distance there...not so 'penat' and 'berpeluh' like in Malaysia..its our climate...

most people travel as far as that are already executive level...no operator level doing that..

there is no lepak2 there...everyones one the move...see them in the train station, no one, not even one, play handphone/smoke lama2/sembang2....they smokes and go...take a train, they sleep..
Yep, but those area not covered by the trains would definitely be covered by the buses, which are excellent and dependable.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Theirs only 5% then.....
i was referring to downpayment for house in malaysia..in singapore, downpayment need 20% cause bank only finance 80%.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Wow so good? If really SGD 20-30K enough for down payment, then its really awesome!
that is provided you can get 90% loan ...usually foreigners they may give only 80%

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wahlau wei, movie stuff you also can believe ah? They will set up road block la and there are a lot of speed camera in Japan. IF your point get deducted to 0 your license will get suspended 2 years IIRC and you need to go for driving rehabilitation course like go class.

Actually Japanese are really keen on learning one. They are quite opened hearted majority of them. When they learn it they perfect the method with their own way. Just like how American started to make car then the Japs learn the technology and make it even better.

Yup, some of the big MD there they take train or walk to walk one, My Kobe customer MD is like that and I know another one in Tokyo that walk to work....not close by you know 1 hour walk....

Not all places in Japan can be covered by train or subway. Some you just drop off on the nearest station but you still have quite a distance to walk to the house.

The places that I rented last time, was also quite rural but nice environment. The house is surrounded by small paddy fields manage by the local neighbours. They are kind people sometimes they will give you a few pack of the rice. From my place I need to drive a bit or cycling if I want to go to a subway station.
Japan sounded like a very good place with not much flaws except the fact that it is quite stressful for some people over there.

Haha, because most of them supports their own mobile phones like Toshiba, Sony, Hitachi, Sharp and etc...

Yep, but those area not covered by the trains would definitely be covered by the buses, which are excellent and dependable.
Everything is about precision and efficiency over there unlike here. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, especially higher up management, many suicides.....:banghead:
Too stressed I guess. But are they well paid?

Well, that's more due to their working culture rather than anything else.
They are known for their seriousness and commitment in their career. They always wanted the best for their own company and I heard that most of them treated the people in their company like family.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

They are known for their seriousness and commitment in their career. They always wanted the best for their own company and I heard that most of them treated the people in their company like family.
This mentality set in after WWII, after which Japan was devastated, socially and economically, by the continuous Allied forces bombings campaign during the war.

It was (and still is) considered an honor to serve and give your all to the company for the greater good of Japan, so that Japan can rebuild and recover.

Just think of how much they've achieved after WWII...mind boggling.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
This mentality set in after WWII, after which Japan was devastated, socially and economically, by the continuous Allied forces bombings campaign during the war.

It was (and still is) considered an honor to serve and give your all to the company for the greater good of Japan, so that Japan can rebuild and recover.

Culture transition is indeed mind boggling.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Salary wise, depends on what job you are doing. My friend Michiko. She's a full time yoga instructor and part time party entertainer (accompany the guest and look after the party) Most makan gaji type Japs have 2 jobs. 1 for day time 1 for night time (part time). Another friend of mine Yuma, she's a nurse on day time a bar girl at night (for 5 hours). Those employer and higher management type only does 1 job.

Not to forget US help them back on their feet after the war. That's why you can see why Japan and US relationship very good one....Majority of Japan's military hardware are supplied by US.

ON the phone thing, a lot of japs are always playing on the phone while in train...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Even now after the disastrous 2011 tohoku earthquake and tsunami, they have managed to get back on their feet very fast. Japan handles it quick and efficiently even though the whole disaster is not something that can be taken lightly especially with the risk of a nuclear fallout.

Salary wise, depends on what job you are doing. My friend Michiko. She's a full time yoga instructor and part time party entertainer (accompany the guest and look after the party) Most makan gaji type Japs have 2 jobs. 1 for day time 1 for night time (part time). Another friend of mine Yuma, she's a nurse on day time a bar girl at night (for 5 hours). Those employer and higher management type only does 1 job.

Not to forget US help them back on their feet after the war. That's why you can see why Japan and US relationship very good one....Majority of Japan's military hardware are supplied by US.

ON the phone thing, a lot of japs are always playing on the phone while in train...
With 2 jobs a day to handle, I think it must be very difficult to survive in Japan. I guess there is not much hope for me to think of going there to work...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Even now after the disastrous 2011 tohoku earthquake and tsunami, they have managed to get back on their feet very fast. Japan handles it quick and efficiently even though the whole disaster is not something that can be taken lightly especially with the risk of a nuclear fallout.

With 2 jobs a day to handle, I think it must be very difficult to survive in Japan. I guess there is not much hope for me to think of going there to work...
Japan is a hectic country esp Tokyo. Their work culture is fast, quick.
This is just base on my memory and feeling. Might be otherwise though ahha

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) is bringing in the Nissan Leaf into Malaysia and is very much eager to present it to the public. This serves as their formal invitation to all in order to help the general public experience the world’s first mass-produced, all-electric and zero-emission Nissan Leaf at ETCM's showroom at Jalan Kemajuan, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. When might you ask...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience