coated your windscreen with...while raining???

intrexpo

Jun 20, 2004
Daer All..

ANyone using Rain-X or Rain-Z to coated your windscreen for better vision while raining ?? Heard that some brand not good....??

Which branded you recommend to us ??

Thanks.

Stanley

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
Rain-X works great. I have tried something other brand by Permaglass. Not as good and doesn't last as long as Rain-X.

1 application should last u about a month.

Point to note, you might encounter some wiper skip if your windscreen is dirty. A pc of clay bar helped solved that problem.

Hope this helps. B)

speedemon

Jun 10, 2004
rain X is the original one.. the others are similiar impersinating brands.. go for original dude!!

intrexpo

Jun 20, 2004
Ok....Thanks all of ur comment.

Just back from carefour..

Saw that Rain-X selling RM 15.90.

And Rain-Z selling RM 10.50 (made in Msia)

If not mistake , wil go to buy Rain X tomolo..

Thanks,

Stanley

Broadica

Jul 14, 2004
Originally posted by popiah@Jul 21 2004, 03:19 PM
Rain-X works great. I have tried something other brand by Permaglass. Not as good and doesn't last as long as Rain-X.

1 application should last u about a month.

Point to note, you might encounter some wiper skip if your windscreen is dirty. A pc of clay bar helped solved that problem.

Hope this helps. B)
hmn.. what is clay bar ?

where to buy ?

i do experience wiper skip a few times.. however i do clean the screen b4 application of rain x

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
dun care lah....after applied those rain-x rain-z, almost no need to use wiper liao mah... :lol:
If cant see...drive faster loh..haaahahaa :lol: :lol: Just kidding..... :P

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
Haha, din realise that yesterday's posting was my first post here.

Anyway, evan2000 is correct. If drive faster the water flows up and around the windscreen better. :P But of coz it is a dangerous thing to do. :D

Claybar is a piece of 'clay' that car detailers use on the car body. Helps to remove the roughness on the surface and returns it to a smooth shiny finish. After a while, when we run our hands across the car paint, feels like it is not smooth anymore, thats usually surface contaminants. And claybar helps remove these contaminants without scratching your paint surface.

Worked wonders on my car. Applying it is a bit tricky though. Too wet and the clay falls to pieces. Too dry and clay sticks to your car body. But can be easily removed with little bit of polish.

Meguairs has clay bar for sale. In fact the only clay bar that is easily found in KL. Have never come across other brands.

If you hav any car care questions, this might be the place for you. ShinyCar AutoDetailer Forums

Sub_zil

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
IMHO,

Rain-X and Rain-Z all also no good cause after long time using it your wipers go out much faster.... I already tried it with my previous car..... it really does wonders, but no point spending on Rain-X then spend a bomb on your wipers (RM30-40)

So what i did recently was still use rain-X but use the silicon wipers as well..... the results were excellent and the silicon Blades come with lifetime guarantee.... so what's there to worry?? Just use rain-x and silicon blades 2gether.... IMHO

Another thing, do not let rain-x touch the rubber at the side of your window, it'll ruin the rubber.

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
guys, now my wiper is new..prob is the mirror is like kinda dry..wen it rains heavily or drizzling..the wiper will skip and making irritating sound..as though the mirror is dry but actually there is water ..at first applied those GIf (wash plate) soap and there is no sound for like 1 week of using the wiper..den came back again..i heard my fren said becus the mirror dun have the smooth layer oredi due to old age i guess..anyway wht is the way to make it smooth and no sound while wiping...cant take it anymore, the sound keeps bugging me and makes me not to use the wiper..pls help..

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
Originally posted by GSR5559@Jul 23 2004, 12:26 AM
guys, now my wiper is new..prob is the mirror is like kinda dry..wen it rains heavily or drizzling..the wiper will skip and making irritating sound..as though the mirror is dry but actually there is water ..at first applied those GIf (wash plate) soap and there is no sound for like 1 week of using the wiper..den came back again..i heard my fren said becus the mirror dun have the smooth layer oredi due to old age i guess..anyway wht is the way to make it smooth and no sound while wiping...cant take it anymore, the sound keeps bugging me and makes me not to use the wiper..pls help..
hehe, i'm getting the same problem too... front wipers..

i think this comes down to the quality of the wiper... some ppl say it happens when you put things on your windscreen...

my old wipers had no prob, new ones had, 18 bucks per pair, ahahha! will change it to a better one, one day...

GSR5559, there's a product by Kit, to make no squeeks while wiping, it's also used to clean your window.

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
dura edge got sound?
that's for sure ma.. any silicon wipers won't wipe properly if
the windscreen is dry.. it will work at its best in wet

and.. rain-x only works for silicon wipers.. nice combo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus!

My uncle once mentioned to me that his wira already change shox twice at 150k mileage and i havent changed once and mine is already at 158k mileage.

Abt 2 days ago while layan corner near connaught my car seemed to bounce during cornering. Is that signs of dead shox?

hope to get some feedback here =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience