clifford two way alarm

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
anybody fitted this alarm before? how is it? can trigger the alarm lcd if the distance is too far?

does the alarm comes with immo? and what type of immo?

want to compare the difference between taiwan/korean alarm unit against clifford alarm. would it be the same if you ignore the price?

btw, what is clifford 2way alarm price?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmm.. i thought u did ask on clifford before once...?

clifford, python and viper all the same functions and features and all from the same manufacturer. Clifford's model, python 881XP and Viper 791XV are exactly the same except the remotes are diff. The range is quite far, ideal conditions is 1km but effective range i would say is about 100m?

No immo comes along with the alarm.

I have seen the demo from Radiostar and the features are 80% similiar.

Clifford is about RM3k...

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
check out the alarm models just now....hmmm....still thinking of getting either two-way or conventional type. might buy the conventional as there have more safety feautures and technology.

still scouting around. might decide in a few days time.

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
johnsmith - any luck in finding a suitable alarm for your car?

I'm planning on installing one soon. If we do it together, then there is a chance we might be able to push the installer to give us a better price....

I've found an installer in PJ....let me know if you are interested. Thx!

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
got one in mind actually. thinking of clifford Intelliguard 750. Got the stuff I wanted.

What kind of alarm you are looking for?

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
Woahhh...excellent man!
I too am aiming for the Intelliguard 750....

since both of us want to install the same alarm type and make...so are you interested in my suggestion?

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
I would like to but I am not from kl. Prefer to install at my area (ipoh). If there is any fault on my alarm, easier. I know the installer in ipoh. Before that, I might scout around if I can get a cheaper alarm. Haven't confirm at the moment.

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
hehe..sorry man!
my fault for not asking you in the beginning on your location....

nvm la... =)
nice to know you..hehe

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
yes and I am looking for immo at the moment. Just worry somebody might nick my car off.

I asked about clifford two way and the safety features seem to be too plain. It does not support G5 technology. In short, a low technology alarm and does not comes with built-in immo. So, decided to go for G5 but still looking around.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmmm.. but alarm systems that comes with immo usually the immo is not that good. I would suggest buying a 2 way alarm and then getting an immo to add on to it. Best case but more expensive. Have to ask urself, what it is u r trying to prevent mainly, ie car being stolen or car break-ins? If car being stolen, i guess immo is the best bet, if car break-ins, then 2 way alarm is the best bet. Also, even with immo, ur car can still be stolen like using a tow truck... ;)

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
are you sure Intelliguard 750 does not have immobilizer?

it comes with BlackJax 5 worr...isnt' that a immobilizer..?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
LemonRuski said:
are you sure Intelliguard 750 does not have immobilizer?

it comes with BlackJax 5 worr...isnt' that a immobilizer..?
erm... guess u misunderstood me.. i meant if alarm has built in immobiliser, the immobiliser usually is not as good as a dedicated immobiliser bought separately... and since intelliguard is a 1 way alarm with no remote start function, so that's y i suggest getting a 2 way alarm and then adding in a separate immobiliser... ;)

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
intelliguard comes with blackjack4 and not 5. the system is quite good even though the alarm comes with the immo. I have another clifford alarm built-in bj4. very good system I would say.
clifford 2 way technology is not the high end technology like G5. If want good technology, get 1 way alarm. If you want a screen, get two way. it all depends on you. I just worry my car being nick.

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
I've got my sights set on the Intelliguard... =)
if there's anyone who wants to get it as well...just let me know...
then can hook up, pressure the installer for a further big discount... =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all our beloved forumer and friends

wishing you good and fine.....it has been quite some moons since we got our hand loose to blog again

looks familiar

tada

tada...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience