Captor@Snakes(viper&phyton)@Clifford@others?

sYr

Jan 20, 2006
hi guys..ill purchase my car (2nd hand) in a few weeks time..but a bit worry on d safety..

1st:im thinking of changing all the key system(doors,boot,ignition(engine)&etc)..is this possible? if so whr should i go?estimate cost?

2nd:planning to install security system as well but realy confuse which is the best option to me (low income people so target below 2200)..so far frm my reading CAPTOR sound very interesting(price OK,sweet promises ("You normally don't call us. We normally call you"hehehe),good coverage, n the most important one is that they have HELICOPTER (not one but 2 dude!!) to trace the lost car!!!-really turn me on dude. So how is this CAPTOR if we compare to other system eg Viper,Phyton,Clifford,CHeetah, IES etc. If Im not mistaken CAPTOR does not come with shock sensor(correct me if im wrong).

Any suggestion/view/proposal? Anybody care to share their experienced (bad@good)?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
yes, u can change the keys for ur car. Bring it to any locksmiths and they can just change the internal gears of the lock to derive a new key. My advise too is to change the ignition key to those high tech dimple keys type. Cost to change the ori locks should be in the region of RM200 not including the ignition key.

Captor is an immoboliser with tracking features if i am not mistaken. It can be added to any alarms even ur standard one. Better to upgrade ur alarm to a better one with captor. Viper and python is pretty good but on the pricey end. It comes with shock sensor and u can add additional sensors like motion, tilt and glass break sensors. 2 way alarms or GSM is a worthwhile investment in your car. U can also check out radiostar's Eagle 2 way alarm. Its features are nearly similiar to Viper.

I have been using Viper 791xv 2 way alarm for about 2 years now, and i just love it. ALthough the range is kinda limited but its not too bad...

Last edited:

a55z

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
is it?

thnx to both of you for highlighting this issue..me myself not so sure what d heck is CAPTOR..lol..erm let me summarize the 2 issues:
1. immobillizer: is to prevent our beloved car from dissapeared i.e. stolen,hijackk, etc
2. alarm:to prevent our treasure (inside our beloved car) from being stolen (by vibration detector,glass breaking detector) & to buzz off the thieve whn sound is produced from the alarm..

Pls Correct me If Im Wrong...
:regular_smile:

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Sorry to hijack your thread.but trex,im quite interested on getting a Viper alarm system aswell? What makes you satisfied and the feeling that your car is secured?Thanks and sorry again!

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Y a k u Z a said:
Sorry to hijack your thread.but trex,im quite interested on getting a Viper alarm system aswell? What makes you satisfied and the feeling that your car is secured?Thanks and sorry again!
well, of course there is no 100% guarantee of security. Personally for me, i am reassured at least because:-

1. it is a 2 way alarm and the range is not too bad, about 300m effective range.

2. multiple sensors that are added in such as motion, shock and glass break sensor.

3. viper is an intelligent alarm and comes packed with lots of programmable features.

But, the downside is that viper family alarm does come at a hefty price.

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
trex92 said:
well, of course there is no 100% guarantee of security. Personally for me, i am reassured at least because:-

1. it is a 2 way alarm and the range is not too bad, about 300m effective range.

2. multiple sensors that are added in such as motion, shock and glass break sensor.

3. viper is an intelligent alarm and comes packed with lots of programmable features.

But, the downside is that viper family alarm does come at a hefty price.
2way alarm also aint safe, remember last week our member toyota lost in usj, but of cuz better if u can afford than nothing..

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
gloss said:
2way alarm also aint safe, remember last week our member toyota lost in usj, but of cuz better if u can afford than nothing..
yes, precisely, it is still better than nothing. Just like keeping our car doors locked also the car gets stolen doesn't mean that we should just save the trouble and leave the doors unlock...:_:

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
hey dude.. if u want to u buy viper alarm, i can recommend my friend, han to u.. call him at 012-2725719.. hes' an authorize dealer for viper.. i'm currently using the 350 1 way alarm AND the voice module.. so far i got nothing to complain about EXCEPT it could be quite sensitive! :p but i might upgrade my car alarm to 791 2 way.. hehe.. MAYBE

oh yea, about the price.. my friend is selling the 791 for rm1,680 AND 350 for rm680 (including installation)

a55z

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
huhu..wut a figure, i mean the price..lol....erm btw bro nicole_nic, is the 350 series comes with these multiple sensors (motion, shock and glass break sensor)? im very interested in this VIPER..so whr the shop??

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
a55z said:
huhu..wut a figure, i mean the price..lol....erm btw bro nicole_nic, is the 350 series comes with these multiple sensors (motion, shock and glass break sensor)? im very interested in this VIPER..so whr the shop??
erm, nicole_nic is not a bro la, she a sis....

anyway, stock 350 series comes with shock sensor only. The other motion and glass break sensors are optional add ons, ie if u wan, have to pay extra ;)

a55z

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
ops..sorry miss/sis nicole_nic...and thanx bro (are u?) trex92...

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
why everyone thinks i'm a dude? why? it's nicole not nicholas or nick.. althought i play snooker, loves modified cars and likes assembling cabinets from ikea, it doesn't mean i'm a guy, k? :p
u can see my pictures in traffic mag.. i'm not a guy.. hehe

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
traffic forums too many nic la... duno which is which...

so next time must call sis nic.. :_:

i like viper alarm...

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Try GSM 2 Way Alarm system. You can monitor your car with your mobile phone. You can all call up your car and talk to the thieves and warn them to let your car alone or you will call the cops or self-destruct the car.

a55z

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
lol..initialD dude (hopefully this time im rite,,,,if ure d driver..:)), what about d price though? Im afraid the sophisticated GSM 2 Way Alarm System is way beyond my pocket limit...cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, just wanna acquire something. Whenever my friend parks his car and shut the engine off, I noticed there's sounds coming from the engine area. It's like the sound produced for example when you pour some water into a hot kuali. It happens for a few minutes before it stop. Is this normal? Hope other Kembara owners can help too. Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience