Clifford/Viper Electro Luminescent

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Hi all,

I have long seen this little interesting stuff and planning to get one myself of course with an alarm system itself.

So in case any of you do not realize what this is. It's called Electro Luminescent Indicator to be stick on window and it blinks gracefully when alarm is armed. Installed example below :

VIPER 620V DEI EL

Question, does this feature only compatible with certain security system? Or it is only an extra feature include in this higher package from Clifford/Viper itself. As i googled, it seems can be purchased individually. Ranging RM80-RM120 depends on brand/dealer.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
y u need this?..to deter thieves?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Deter? More to alert the thief what type of alarm you have so they know what to use to disable it.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Deter? More to alert the thief what type of alarm you have so they know what to use to disable it.
that is a good point, but somehow it seems this badge is applicable eventhough you are not using particular brand alarm itself? meaning you might as well using some other random alarm system but sticking this badge example clifford.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
that is a good point, but somehow it seems this badge is applicable eventhough you are not using particular brand alarm itself? meaning you might as well using some other random alarm system but sticking this badge example clifford.
It probably is connected to the alarm module which is why it blinks when the car is armed. If you don't want to connect to the module it's a simple matter of connecting the transformer to a live point which syncs with ignition. But I personally (right now) can't think of any live point that'll be enabled when the ignition is set to off.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Can be installed by itself.. thief deterrent sticker.. lol.. saw accessory shop offer it.

My immobilizer cuckcoo, sometimes I have trouble starting it with the key, I think that's the best security system available - a cuckcoo immobilizer.. would only fail against the mighty tow truck.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

Having what of type of alarm in the car should be as discreet as possible, to deter theft. The more guesswork presented to the thief, the more the thief is discouraged.

Point in case, would anyone feel comfortable telling their neighbors that they are using padlock brand XYZ, made in China, 6 inch size, @ their house gate?

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

just wrap a rubber cobra snake around your steering wheel enuf.....
hahahaha.....good one...

or have an inflate security-guard doll, and have it sitting at the driver seat.

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
can, used it before with steelmate (ori though)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope bros here can help a little

currently my car have some dent and rust..so i do all the bodywork,knocking and simen all by myself..but the problem now..i dun hv enuff money to paint my car

so is there anything i can spray?not the normal can..cos when i wanna paint..all musr rub again..i need something to spray just for a meanwhile by tyhe time i get enuff money

is there anything like can type undercoat for automotive use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience