Cheap B-O-T on 4g93

okay. just now i got my hands on 390cc 4g93t injectors. 4 piece for rm70. is that a cutthroat price?

yeah. im going with my initial plan of using TD04L. ;)

TD05 is plug and play too? just need to bore the manifold only is it? quite nice maybe for future upgrade. (lol j/k. im going to stick with my TD04L :D )

RM 70 for 390cc 4G93T injectors???
Damn cheap bro...:proud:
TD04L should be enough, more response! :driver:

puny 1834? lol, even my 1300cc can push the td04 to its limit, so a 1.8liter is more then enough for the td04 sir, dont worry.. a diesel turbo has more reponse, but it will choke at the higher end, not adviseable sir. get the GSR's td04L, u can pm me if u r searching for a good unit, tq. i can even refurbish the turbine wit new service kit wit minimal pricing, so getting a not-so-good turbine is an option, as long as they come dirt cheap, like the injectors u got. are the 'jectors in good condition sir?

how to know the injctr cndition r?if need tu servic,how much per/piece bro..

i have gsr stock pistons+rods if ur interested.. changing this pistons can easily drop ur comp ratio+ using metal gasket.. for sure u want to play more than 0.5bar of boost :)

udeng,here also sempat lagi ka mau business.hehehe...Anyway agreed with him...I am ex BOTer.My car stolen 2mths ago...4g93n/a using td04l,rechipped 7377 gsr ecu with gsr wiring,stock gsr piston...Boosting 1 bar.sometimes also try 1.2 bar for tuning...can tapau stock gsr.hehehe...But everything must do it properly...and dont very concern about budget...

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

RM70 sounded u cut throat the seller. Market is selling ard RM220-RM250 depending on the condition. So, RM70 is dirt cheap.

Resistor pack is to be used on setups with low impedence injectors. Most oF the automotive setups are high impedence setup. When u add in a resistor pack, it becomes a low impedence set up. If not all, most of the turbocharged MMC engines are running on low impedence injectors. I.e. gsr 390cc twintip, vr4 450cc single tip, 450cc twin tip from rvr, 510cc from Eco 1-4, and etc etc. If u are running a high impende with low impedence injectors, u may fCe problem ur ecu not ablecontrol the injector or worse case scenario, u'll burn ur ecu.

So, here u are. U can chose the better looking MMC resistor pack from halfcutt which cost RM50-RM80 depending on seller. Or u can go for the DIY route. Just go into any electronic shop at Jln Pasar and ask for 4pcs of 10ohms AC resistors. They should cost u <RM10. They are white rectangular box like coffin with terminal at both ends. Wannna beautify it, get a VEROBOARD that will cost u RM3.00 so that u can solder them together. Installation is simple, cut the middle of the -ve wire of each injector, connect each -ve wire with a resistor. Have the othe end of the resistors parallel(join) into 1 and go back to any of the Inkector wire returning to the ECU. They are all ground at ECU actually. So, it's better to have it that way. Will draw some lines when I have time.

Regarding the TD05, yes. PNP on a bored up GSR manifold. Just another RM20 to twist the flange angle. But when u boost high, it's highly advised to change ur pistons to a low compression pistons.

G force are adictive. U'll want more. Hehe... Everyone says 0.5bars is enough in the beginning. Before they BOT. Same goes to me. When The TD04 does not overcome ur thirst for Gs, then u'd better leave the cost saving part and have it done properly at the first place itself or u'll end up spending more n more when things turned out to be ugly... Just my 2 cents experience.*

huh,really really details and very good info bro....'otai' in Bolt On Turbo...u can ask him anything about BOT...

haha. ill try to "tahan" my lust for the extra G's.

its hard searching for TD04L :( its either broken, too expensive, or sold out. :( found a rm350 with extractor seller. sold out :(

and does TD04s from pajero works wonders for our puny 1834cc ? how about the flange? pnp for gsr extractor?

I think the pajero td04 is a 3 bolt flange... Can't plug n play. Modify flange also troublesome. Adapter does help.

puny 1834? lol, even my 1300cc can push the td04 to its limit, so a 1.8liter is more then enough for the td04 sir, dont worry.. a diesel turbo has more reponse, but it will choke at the higher end, not adviseable sir. get the GSR's td04L, u can pm me if u r searching for a good unit, tq. i can even refurbish the turbine wit new service kit wit minimal pricing, so getting a not-so-good turbine is an option, as long as they come dirt cheap, like the injectors u got. are the 'jectors in good condition sir?

like wht extremlo said. Good for response. Spools in at 2krpm on a high compression. 2.2-2.4krpm for
gsr. Meaning to say, cruising at 120km/h, the turbine already spools in half
way. Say one ek b16a tiong 97 u, u Tarik till 4xxxkrpm, turbo starts to chock and feels like not going. Then kena poring at 4.5krpm. No shook ma.

All the mentioned td04 has the same flange except for the diesel's having same flange. The only difference aemre the exhaust inlet diameter.
Td04l, still choke early, but better than diesel td04. If u want to
have powerband all the way to 7krpm, go find td04hl from rvr. But u need to
sacrifice a little low end.

how to know the injctr cndition r?if need tu servic,how much per/piece bro..
I just pour the injector cleaner into the fuel tank.

udeng,here also sempat lagi ka mau business.hehehe...Anyway agreed with him...I am ex BOTer.My car stolen 2mths ago...4g93n/a using td04l,rechipped 7377 gsr ecu with gsr wiring,stock gsr piston...Boosting 1 bar.sometimes also try 1.2 bar for tuning...can tapau stock gsr.hehehe...But everything must do it properly...and dont very concern about budget...

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

huh,really really details and very good info bro....'otai' in Bolt On Turbo...u can ask him anything about BOT...

Nola bro. Just trying to share only. Me also still learning.

Last edited:
speed, what is "poring"? its bugging my head dah ni, lol

aun, there is a device to check and clean the injectors, i usually do dat service in millennium motorsports asia jer, easy process sir, doesnt take too long pun.. the servicing i mentioned was for the turbine, i disassemble, refurbish and install turbines if anyone need sum assistant. pm for details on those issue, tq sir

speed, what is "poring"? its bugging my head dah ni, lol

aun, there is a device to check and clean the injectors, i usually do dat service in millennium motorsports asia jer, easy process sir, doesnt take too long pun.. the servicing i mentioned was for the turbine, i disassemble, refurbish and install turbines if anyone need sum assistant. pm for details on those issue, tq sir

Got a few brand... Doesn't really matter...

STP, CRC, etc

i dont know the condition of the injectors i got,. but i send it to my pomen to service it back. change the oil seal or something inside there. :)

TD04HL seems nice. frm RVR rite? just a lil bit mod to the extractor doesnt hurt much i think. as i save much on the injectors and i/c+piping already. :)

im thinking of changing my head gasket to metal 2mm. for the sake of lowering my compression as some people say high compression turbocharge is dangerous. huhu~

i dont know the condition of the injectors i got,. but i send it to my pomen to service it back. change the oil seal or something inside there. :)

TD04HL seems nice. frm RVR rite? just a lil bit mod to the extractor doesnt hurt much i think. as i save much on the injectors and i/c+piping already. :)

im thinking of changing my head gasket to metal 2mm. for the sake of lowering my compression as some people say high compression turbocharge is dangerous. huhu~

Well, looks like u're already trapped into the hunger for thirst even before u've bolted on... Ok, lemme share this with u.

The thicker the gasket is, u're more prone to gasket leakage. In the states nowadays, they use 1 piece of thick copper gasket instead of multiple layer steel gaskets. Too bad, there's ain't copper gasket in our market and there's no 4G9X stuff in the states.

And, 2mm metal gasket for 4G9X, I'm not sure if u can get it... If u could, what about the cost..?

So, the best way to reduce the CR is to change the pistons. However, U mentioned about cost saving... So,

If U're not boosting high, U don't need to reduce ur CR that much. Reducing too much can cause sluggish response. Well, U have to really make up ur mind now before u start buying ur stuff bro...

9+:1 CR low boosting low with good respose and average top end, or
8+:1 CR high boosting with average response and good top end.

If u can't make up ur mind, u'll end up spending money for no reason and continue deciding....

Just my 2 cents.

i just consult with me mech. they suggest me to use 1.5mm metal gasket. which is available easily in market. and use TD04HL.

4g93 with 1.5mm gasket how much the CR? 9?

i just consult with me mech. they suggest me to use 1.5mm metal gasket. which is available easily in market. and use TD04HL.

Not so optimistic. Should be around 9.3-9.5:1

Good enough to boost 0.4-0.7bar with good tunning avoiding premature detonation. Ignition adjustment are highly recomended to improve on the response and premature detonation prevention.

1.8mm is also easily available.

really? 1.8mm will bring me down to how much cr?

and whats the market price for 1.8mm gasket? afraid kena chop the price.

yeah thats what im targeting anyway. 0.5boost. :)

Not too sure yet, I wrote a program to calculate actually... Will calculate when I go back to my office.

no worries, weve done a [email protected] evo3 wit compression raised between 11.8~12.2 and it still is working fine, tuning has to be spot on ler tapi..

there are other ways to lower the compression, please pm for details sir, tq

really? 1.8mm will bring me down to how much cr?

and whats the market price for 1.8mm gasket? afraid kena chop the price.

yeah thats what im targeting anyway. 0.5boost. :)

Like U mentioned before that u are using 4g93 n/a mmc right?this mmc engine,come with flat piston...very very flat,different with putra or gti piston.I know cause i was using this engine before.Actually with good tuning and correct afr,with 1.5mm metal gasket,ur engine still can stand for 1 bar boost with td04l....It was proven bro...dont worry...But u must change your management bro.I suggest u change to gsr/evo wiring and ecu set.Turbo wiring got resistor pack or u can add resistor pack with your current wiring and using gsr ecu.I got gsr ecu 7377 code if u interested just pm me.U can also ask me anything about BOT...

If u want to calculate yr cr,this is the link http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compstaticcalc.html

Last edited:
changing wiring is too much of a hassle.

maybe ill just add resistor pack on my current wiring.

about the ecu. buying an ecu also would costly. what if i rechip it and pair it with my current SAFCII ?

speed2horizon: i think what cons with Bot after proper tuning is high fc rite?? i have tune well on my mivec turbo, 1 year already with 1 bar boost (got internal mod) and also big turbo(tdo5h modded fit in tdo6 turbine).. nothing bad just the fc, 7km/L , i concern about fc since i use it as daily car, now downgrading to n/a and mod :bawling: loss power lo

Supposedly the compression will be 10 to 11, depend at your head condition, don't skim to much, if not, your compression will be high and it's not safe in term of boosting..:driver:

but one thing lah high compression is dam shiok for daily driving especially in kl when u wanna tarik from one traffic light to another
if low compression must tekan habis so boost kicks in then oni shiok thats why if plan to go for high compression forged pistons for my e3 when budget permits later on :rolleyes: plus im using only 1.3 mm cometic metal gasket now??
what do you guys think about the metal gasket coz i told my mech i wanted to maintain the high compression on my e3 when i sent in for top overhaul so he recommend me change the gasket to 1.3 oni whats the thickness of stock evo 3 gasket??

super-charged it , anyone ? i'm more keen on SC than TC ... anyone wanna share some basic info ?