Central Locking Problem

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I am driving an Integra DB8. My central locking doesn't work properly. When i press the remote to lock, all doors lock except the front passenger door. then i have to use the key to lock all 4 doors. but to unlock, when i press the button, all doors unlock without problem.

same thing when i am driving. when i apply brakes, it is supposed to lock all doors but the front passenger door doesnt lock by itself.

can this be done up? cost? who can do this? accessories shop or wireman?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
bro, if i go to the shop and tell 'gun', will they know whats that? cuz i have no idea whats that... lol
newbie laaa. bear with me.

why i m asking because the last time i went to an accesories shop to have it checked, that guy did smtg but still did not work and he did not tell me that there is smtg spoilt. my father said that the power is not there to force that particular lock to work properly. is it the gun that gives the power to lock all the doors?

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
For aftermarket "gun", it looks something like this (some say it looks like a vibrator). It is much cheaper than the original, but more noisy when the door lock/unlock (the sound of the tic popping up and shrink down)

If budget permits, I advice you go for the original. Not sure whether it looks the same for your type of car, but my previous Wira the original "gun" looks like below. More reliable and quiet, not to mention no modifications needed just plug and play unlike the aftermarket where minor modification needed especially the bracket. I have tried both and have to say good things don't come cheap, less hassle as the aftermarket one only lasted me few months. :banghead:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
For aftermarket "gun", it looks something like this (some say it looks like a vibrator). It is much cheaper than the original, but more noisy when the door lock/unlock (the sound of the tic popping up and shrink down)

If budget permits, I advice you go for the original. Not sure whether it looks the same for your type of car, but my previous Wira the original "gun" looks like below. More reliable and quiet, not to mention no modifications needed just plug and play unlike the aftermarket where minor modification needed especially the bracket. I have tried both and have to say good things don't come cheap, less hassle as the aftermarket one only lasted me few months. :banghead:

now i get it. is it possible to get a new original one? where can i buy it? or can only get a used one from potong?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

yeah, im sure they will know. u just say ur door locking gun tarak jalan .. lol
in accessories shop? like what was mentioned by mod, i prefer to use original one. will the shop have this in stock or do i have to find it myself? cuz mine is a rare species but shares many parts with the dc2 but dont know if its the same with dc2 for the door locking gun.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
ddv_nk12

I bought mine from a car accessories shop, you need to check at your area whether they do keep stock for OEM parts or not.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
thank you very much.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
spare part shops can get the original one right?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
funny, today it worked fine. it locked when it was supposed to, and unlocked when it was supposed to. is it still the locking gun? or could smtg else be the issue?

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
funny, today it worked fine. it locked when it was supposed to, and unlocked when it was supposed to. is it still the locking gun? or could smtg else be the issue?
Hi ddv,

Has your problem solved?

As they mentioned, most probably it is the central locking gun issue. Have you long been using it?
Most of the car accessories shops will work on such matters.

If you don't mind, we'd like to do FREE checking on your problem.

Thanks,
Fei

"Don't find fault. Find a remedy. -by Henry Ford"

Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang (Car Accessories)
Tel: +603-62582552 Email: [email protected]
Address: 649, Jalan Ipoh Bt 4, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Working hours: 8.30am - 7.30pm (Mon-Sat)
Website:SYKT. AKSESORI KERETA SUNGAI WANG Facebook: Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang Lelong: sgwangacc

About us
Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang has long established in 1982 and located at Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur. We are experienced in car accessories, car audio system and car alarm system installation, car windows tinting and also air conditioner service. We ensure our qualified employees are skillful to cater to every automobile and fulfill all customer needs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience