Proton opens centralized logistics hubs in Sijangkang and Tanjung Malim

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Proton Holdings, through its subsidiary, Proton Edar, together with total logistics provider, Konsortium Logistik, has just launched its state-of-the-art cetralised logistics hubs in Sijangkang and Tanjung Malim to handle fast delivery of vehicles as well as pre-delivery inspections.

The hubs, known as Center for Logistics, Allocation, Storage and Services (CLASS), was launched by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Proton Advisor, during the ceremony held at the Sijangkang hub.

Also present at the ceremony was Datuk Sri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, Proton Chairman, Datuk Sri Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir, Proton Group Managing Director and Encik Mohamad Shukor Ibrahim, Proton Edar Chief Executive Officer.

They were joined at the launch by Haji Ismett Azyze Hamad Abbdul Azyze, Konsortium Chairman and its Che Azizuddin Che Ismail. Konsortium’s Chief Executive Officer. Konsortium, which is majority-owned by Ekuiti Nasional Berhad and Lembaga Tabing Haji, is the appointed service provider for the hubs.

Both the hubs are the first-of-its-kind, fully computerised centers set up by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in the country. The hubs have been catering for domestic dealers for over a year now and following the official launch, will now cater for the export market as well.

The process now sees the cars from Proton’s Shah Alam plant sent to the Sijangkang hub for staging, storage, pre-delivery inspection and pre-shipment inspection before being sent by trucks to sales outlets. Same goes for the cars from the Tanjung Malim plant that go through the same process at the hub located there.

Up to 7,000 vehicles can be accommodated at the Sijangkang hub that spans 50-acres while the Tanjung Malim hub, at 45-acres, can handle up to 6,000 cars at a time.

“Previously, pre-delivery inspection was handled by local and international dealers at the respective service outlets prior to handing the cars to customers. That is no longer the case, as the process is now done at the hubs. The hubs will help us standardise the pre-delivery inspection of all vehicles, and this is significant in ensuring fast delivery of cars for domestic market. The CLASS process enables us to reduce a host of problems including multiple handling by 40 per cent, unnecessary waiting time to a maximum of three days, secondary defects and excess inventory at staging points,” said Syed Zainal.

“CLASS has successfully delivered a total of 14,573 units of vehicles to distributors and dealers in April of this year. The total delivery units grow every month and this signifies that Konsortium has the know-how, dedication, creativity, innovation, capacity, technology and the most important element of skilled and highly-trained human capital to manage efficiently and effectively this critical part of the automobile industry,” said Che Azizuddin.

Last edited:

fiuz85

Known Member
May 26, 2009
KL-Kuantan
yeah congrat blah blah blah.... :sleep::sleep::sleep: becoz of Proton the others car brand is :thefinger: high. So we all have to drive proton on the street without no option:bawling:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Dear proton, pls
1. make export quality cars for our local market
2. sell original proton parts cheaper, since they are local made, even japan brands are cheaper.
3. proper training on customer service, they sucked. no follow ups.
4. faster delivery, persona wait 3 mths ka? hot cakes like toyota avanza takes 2 weeks delivery, sometimes faster

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Who is the man behind Konsortium? what I heards is, every single car is charged rm50 for inspection, and is paid by dealers. correct me if i am wrong......

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i'd like to share the related story (for those who want to n doesnt know yet..) but its about Volkswagen's.

they have Autostadt, integrate things like train station, shopping mall, auto mall, parks, museum etc...pavilions of VW's product such as Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda are also available. but the best thing about it are the integrated logistics and its car "silos". from what i understand the silos are used to park all the car that yet to be collected by the buyer. no need for me to explain, u can just google it. i can provide u this vid n words from Wikipedia n u can dig more urself.

"There are two 60 meter/200 ft tall glass silos used as storage for new Volkswagens. The two towers are connected to the Volkswagen factory by a 700 metre underground tunnel. When cars arrive at the towers they are carried up at a speed of 1.5 metres per second. The render for the Autostadt shows 6 towers. When purchasing a car from Volkswagen (the main brand only, not the sub-brands) in select European countries, it is optional if the customer wants it delivered to the dealership where it was bought or if the customer wants to travel to Autostadt to pick it up. If the latter is chosen, the Autostadt supplies the customer with free entrance, meal tickets and a variety of events building up to the point where the customer can follow on screen as the automatic elevator picks up the selected car in one of the silos. The car is then transported out to the customer without having driven a single meter, and the odometer is thus on "0".

Vid :
YouTube - The lift in Autostadt from the top of the glass tower

So back to the proton story. Is this what they want to replicate?

Last edited:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Dear proton, pls
1. make export quality cars for our local market
2. sell original proton parts cheaper, since they are local made, even japan brands are cheaper.
3. proper training on customer service, they sucked. no follow ups.
4. faster delivery, persona wait 3 mths ka? hot cakes like toyota avanza takes 2 weeks delivery, sometimes faster
i'm not arguing bout the delivery time, but 'hot cakes' = avanza.... since when?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what is that??

proton "money flowing nowhere" hub?

:biggrin: