Car shaking when idle

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
e819 said:
if ur using wira 2002 above.. alwez get problem wit the TB.. acct no need 2 tune oso.. just take out air filter hos n tembak wd40 inside while remm remm the engine.. coz inside the TB dirty wan.. i did it 2 few cars n its okey..

PS don kene tipu wit mech that charge over 60 bucks n tell u must tune back.. as long u just cuci2 a bit n dont touch anything else.. its fine.. my 2 sen

Wahlau....
U sure the few cars u did still OK??

Pls do yourself and ur frens car a favour.
Buy a can of carb/throttle body cleaner from Brother's
WD40 does not clean ur TB....
Its adds a layer of oil in ur intake manifold for the dust to stick and collect gunk...
I dun know what other the ill fx of ur engine combusting WD40...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Actually WD40 is 'eating' the rust+ clean metal away, end of day it will have thinning on the part that always sprayed with WD40, anyway what does TB stands for?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah yah... better buy proper carb/TB cleaner... i've got mine... i tembak tembak into my carburettor... now vr smooth adi my car... hehe...

kktham

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
this is basically due to the following reasons:-

1) mounting worn off -> you gotta get your mounting changed. normall change the whole set, costing around rm300-600 depending on quality.

2) dirty throttle body (TB) -> get a mechanic to clean it. no need to re-tune by P.Edar (coz i did it many many times already). costing around rm30-40.

3) ISC gear inside TB is faulty. Need to change but make sure you get some good quality ones. FYI, a good quality one, when it fits in, the rpm will stabilise, no need adjust here and there much. Some mechanic will blame your air-cond compressor no good, your mounting need balancing, your TB faulty, this and that. All are bull-shit, coz i tried many of these before and finally got fed-up and bought some good ones from spare-parts shop costing around rm70+ and it worked, almost 6mths already. not all spare part shops sells these good quality ones.

Note : very seldom you need to change a TB (costing >RM500), that's for sure.