Car shaking when idle

140dB

Mar 27, 2005
johor
e819 said:
if ur using wira 2002 above.. alwez get problem wit the TB.. acct no need 2 tune oso.. just take out air filter hos n tembak wd40 inside while remm remm the engine.. coz inside the TB dirty wan.. i did it 2 few cars n its okey..

PS don kene tipu wit mech that charge over 60 bucks n tell u must tune back.. as long u just cuci2 a bit n dont touch anything else.. its fine.. my 2 sen

Wahlau....
U sure the few cars u did still OK??

Pls do yourself and ur frens car a favour.
Buy a can of carb/throttle body cleaner from Brother's
WD40 does not clean ur TB....
Its adds a layer of oil in ur intake manifold for the dust to stick and collect gunk...
I dun know what other the ill fx of ur engine combusting WD40...

kyheng

May 20, 2005
seremban
Actually WD40 is 'eating' the rust+ clean metal away, end of day it will have thinning on the part that always sprayed with WD40, anyway what does TB stands for?

yah yah... better buy proper carb/TB cleaner... i've got mine... i tembak tembak into my carburettor... now vr smooth adi my car... hehe...

kktham

Jan 30, 2005
this is basically due to the following reasons:-

1) mounting worn off -> you gotta get your mounting changed. normall change the whole set, costing around rm300-600 depending on quality.

2) dirty throttle body (TB) -> get a mechanic to clean it. no need to re-tune by P.Edar (coz i did it many many times already). costing around rm30-40.

3) ISC gear inside TB is faulty. Need to change but make sure you get some good quality ones. FYI, a good quality one, when it fits in, the rpm will stabilise, no need adjust here and there much. Some mechanic will blame your air-cond compressor no good, your mounting need balancing, your TB faulty, this and that. All are bull-shit, coz i tried many of these before and finally got fed-up and bought some good ones from spare-parts shop costing around rm70+ and it worked, almost 6mths already. not all spare part shops sells these good quality ones.

Note : very seldom you need to change a TB (costing >RM500), that's for sure.