Steering wheel shaking at high speed!

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
Weird, i just got my car tires balanced and alignment done a few days ago. When i'm driving above 90km/h...the steering just vibrates all the way to 120km/h! I didn't had such bad vibrations (there was some minor vibration from ~90-100, but after that...it was pretty smooth) prior to the tires service. Any idea on what might be wrong? Appreciate your advices here.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Weird, i just got my car tires balanced and alignment done a few days ago. When i'm driving above 90km/h...the steering just vibrates all the way to 120km/h! I didn't had such bad vibrations (there was some minor vibration from ~90-100, but after that...it was pretty smooth) prior to the tires service. Any idea on what might be wrong? Appreciate your advices here.
I have this problem wif my kancil.... when i go my friendly tyre shop, they say need to do hi speed balancing and they dun have the tools to do it ....

went to tekming in sunway the next day and they say they do it... silly me for not seeing how or what this "hi speed balancing" is all about...:hmmmm: too busy gawking at the rims collection there... :rofl:

Last edited:

Ivan54

Known Member
Dec 5, 2008
quite afew possibilities.but i would suggest you check your tires for uneven wear 1st.then slowly narrow down to possibilities like out of shape rims.i once had the same problem due to my front left hand side rim out of shape.
hope you get ur problem solved soon and drive safe bro.

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
As far as i know, tires wear are quite uniform (~6months old tires, and look OK to me when it was removed for balancing). Hmmm, i'll go back to the tire shop later for a quick check. Besides tire wear and out-of-shaped rims, what other possibilities could it be?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
few things u need to look into

1) uneven tires wear - sometime u cant notice with our eyes, let the tires shop check
2) dented rims - it happens when u hit pot holes and have even the slightest dent, it will cause vibration too
3) balancing not proper - try do on wheel balancing.

hope it could help.

Last edited:

actuator_bypass

Known Member
Sep 11, 2004
few things u need to look into

1) uneven tires wear - sometime u can notice with our eyes, let the tires shop check
2) dented rims - it happens when u hit pot holes and have even the slightest dent, it will cause vibration too
3) balancing not proper - try do on wheel balancing.

hope it could help.
yes this is good recommendation, I 2nd that.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a bmw e28 with 1jz turbo engine....due the different size and shape of the 1jz...i've had to modify my brake system....so now the linkage from the brake pedal to the brake pump runs inside the car and NOT inside the engine bay....my brake pump is on the left side of the car so its not directly in front of the pedal......i do have a linkage in the car but the brake feel is terrible....the pedal is so soft and it almost feels like there is no brake...but the brake actually works....im...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience